RolloverJoe, Putin's Puppy Dog

Author: fauxlaw

Total: 18
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
Slo Joe has rolled over, again. Once, in criticism of Trump [who of the Progs doesn't?], Biden called Putin a "killer." But, Putin wants a pipeline direct through the Baltic Sea to Germany, and, ever the loyal dog, Slo Joe rolls over. The pipeline is virtually complete, anyway, so, what was Joe supposed to do? Well, he might have shown the same lawful [?] diplomacy he showed to Ukraine, threatening to withhold the billion dollar aid. No, not to Putin. Tell me, isn't that pipeline supposed to be supplying fossil fuel to Germany? Isn't fossil fuel a GND disaster? So, where is Slo Joe's outrage? Nope. Rollover Joe is ready to please. Arf.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@fauxlaw
Had to be a Faux post.

Supply and current demand Mr Faux.

And what's a pipe across the Baltic got to do with the U.S.A. anyway....Other than an irresistible urge to meddle in other peoples affairs.

Perhaps it would be better to concentrate attention towards Michigan and Canada.....Sort your own stuff out as it were.

Joe or Donald or whosoever.....Wouldn't make a difference.....Supply and current demand Mr Faux.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@zedvictor4
The issue is that if the GND is so bloody urgent, seems it should be a worldwide urgency, but, not to Rollover Joe.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@fauxlaw
Putin's pipeline would supply natural gas from Russia.
Natural gas is a fossil fuel, though the global warming emissions from its combustion are much lower than those from coal or oil. Natural gas emits 50 to 60 percent less carbon dioxide (CO2) when combusted in a new, efficient natural gas power plant compared with emissions from a typical new coal plant .
So you can see why Biden would want it.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@FLRW

"The Green New Deal will convert the decaying fossil fuel economy into a new, green economy that is environmentally sustainable, economically secure and socially just.  The Green New Deal starts with transitioning to 100% green renewable energy (no nukes or natural gas) by 2030.  It would immediately halt any investment in fossil fuels (including natural gas) and related infrastructure."  https://www.gp.org/gnd_full

This is the launching document of HRes 109. No, HRes 109 does not mention natural gas, but that does in no way mean it is off the agenda. HRes 109 is just the turning of the spade of groundbreaking action.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@fauxlaw
In a Feb. 17 meeting in the Oval Office, Biden met with nine labor leaders in the Oval Office to discuss his coronavirus relief package and infrastructure plans. McManus, was one of those leaders.
"I brought up natural gas specifically to him, we spoke about pipelines ... and he says, 'I'm all for natural gas,'" McManus told E&E News of the meeting in a story published in March. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@FLRW
 'I'm all for natural gas,'"
And, as usual, Biden speaks with a forked tongue that he uses like a spoon, because he has declared support for the GND. "Biden believes the Green New Deal is a crucial framework for meeting the climate challenges we face." https://joebiden.com/climate-plan/. Why am I not surprised?

In other words, have you really eliminated Trump in concept, because he was accused of having the same tongue, wasn't he? 
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@fauxlaw
Clean Energy Sources
  1. Solar Energy. Our beautiful bread and butter, solar energy. ...
  2. Wind Energy. ...
  3. Bioenergy. ...
  4. Geothermal Energy. ...
  5. Hydropower. ...
  6. Nuclear Energy. ...
  7. Natural Gas.

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@FLRW
Look, I'm not the one flying the banner for either GND or Biden. Both of them speak with a forked tongue. So if Natgas and Nuke energy are clean {I agree], why does GND oppose them? Not to mention that solar [I have a 39-panel array], wind, geo, hydro, use petroleum as a lubricant [we're missing AlGoreGooeyJuice] and as raw material for all the plastic components. So, how clean is GND, after all?
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@fauxlaw
Certainly cleaner than the alternative plan of sitting on one's own thumbs and incessantly whine and criticise without offering anything constructive.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@dustryder
You mean constructive as in, maybe the environment that is in greater crisis and needs cleaning is between the ears and not the clouds?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@fauxlaw
As I said...Current demand.

Current needs and demands, dictate current policy.

GND is an attempt to address ongoing concerns, rather than ignoring them.

It must get cold in the evenings, even where you live McFaux....And how are you going to cook ya porridge and illuminate votre cave.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@zedvictor4
my solar panels - a 39-panel array - will function entirely off the grid, if need be, during the day, and a conversion ability to store for use at night. I have two separate bbq and 2 years of briquettes, or I can build a fire with acres of trees, if needed and cook with a reflector oven for indirect heat, or over the fire, or in the coals, or dig a pit and cover with live pine boughs over the top. Cooking; no issue. I have an insulated 70 sq ft root cellar that maintains a constant 5 C, and another full-house footprint cellar, 1/4 of which has freeze-dried and canned food stored at same temp, about 3 years' worth. about 3,000 gallons of water in underground cistern, plus 400 gal above ground [conservatively, 2 years worth of use potable], and a live 10-month active stream. Septic well for the other end disposal from latrine.  I'm prepared for virtually anything but a direct nuke.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@fauxlaw
I know.

You're the GND personified.....You and Joe are like peas in a pod.

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@fauxlaw
Putin’s puppy dog. Wow that’s cute. Now show me where Joe advocated for Russia to get back into the G8, threatened to pull out of NATO, took Putin’s side over that of his own intelligence community in front of the whole world, bragged about how much Putin liked him, and oh yeah... met with Putin while kicking out all US government personnel and then destroying the transcript of the conversation.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Double_R
My question was first, and it has yet to be answered:

Tell me, isn't that pipeline supposed to be supplying fossil fuel to Germany? Isn't fossil fuel a GND disaster? So, where is Slo Joe's outrage?

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@fauxlaw
I didn’t answer your question because it’s nothing more than an absurd attempt to make a false equivocation.
coal
Debates: 6
coal
I have not read this thread.  But on the off chance it relates to Joe Biden's dogs, I note they are the only members of his administration I approve of. 

In fact, the feisty young dog has been wonderful.  His tendency to bite white house staffers is something I regard as a benefit, not something for which he should be sent to "obedience school."

German shepherds are just wonderful dogs, though.  My fourth favorite breed.