Within Movies do You Put Yourself in The Protagonists Shoes, or Are They Dissociated From Yourself?

Author: Reece101

Total: 7
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
I fall under the later, for the most part. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 561
RationalMadman
It depends on the movie.

In Harry Potter movies, I often found I put myself a lot more into Ron's shoes than Harry's in most scenes with both.

In a movie like Ip Man and subsequent iterations, I do heavily root for Ip Man.

In the Dark Knight I found extreme empathy and rooting for Bane despite expecting to root for Batman. I even related more to Catwoman than Batman, who (Batman) I think was acted quite poorly in that movie.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
In series, as opposed to movies, I am almodt guaranteed to root against the protagonist and for a supporting character or even antivillain type.

One of the only series where I found truly that I related to and rooted for the protagonist was The Blacklist and Saul's spinoff series from Breaking Bad (Better Call Saul).
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
In Peaky Blinders, I rooted for Thomas Shelby in Seasons 1 and 2 but eventually found him despicable and someone I badly want to see lose and suffer as things progressed and are still progressing (series isn't over).
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
In Money Heist, I rooted against the Heisters early on. I was an enigma viewer because I loved the character Arturo that everyone hates apparently. I really loved his badass and ruthless stance but as things progress across Seasons 3 and 4, I changed and began to root more for the protagonist(s) and definitely don't love Arturo anymore (he does something unforgivable).
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@RationalMadman
Oh, what about Attack on Titan?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
Haven't watched enough, really began to bore me in season 2. I kind of rooted for the protagonist yeah but it wasn't my type of thing. Everyone is an asshole in that series, there is nobody to root for.