Lil Nas X - A Future Generational Artist

Author: Vader

Total: 6
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Many people themselves have their turmoils with Lil Nas X with his satanic video. I'm not here to discuss that, I'm here to discuss his music.

Lil Nas X has the potential to be a generation defining artist with his sound and lyricism. Lil Nas X has shown to has an insane vocal range from hard hitting songs with tons of emotion like Montero and Old Town Road, to having a more somber and melodic tone like SUN GOES DOWN and C7osure. His unique variety in fluxuating styles such as country hip hop, futuristic hip hop, rock hip hop, hip hop, and even lofi show he has the vocal range to dominate the charts. He's proven himself as an artist who can create a successful song that is catchy and meaningful.

His lyricism is not only deep, but has impact, meaning and weight. He brings his experiences he has dealt with in different ways throughout his time. Even his themes sometimes vary and while his lyrical complexity isn't the greatest, I've certainly heard worse from artists. His words pack a punch that targets a lot of people in general and tells an overall story.

Finally, I think he will generation defining because he is LGBTQ+. He has given a platform for many people to feel as if they are not limited in this world by being gay, and to do what they want. Lil Nas X's success post-coming out proves even more why he can be a generation defining artist. He's also very much in contant with his fans and has a close interaction with them, unlike other artists and is self aware of himself. This self awareness is leading him to achieve massive success.

Lil Nas X has the potential to be the next generation defining artist with his style and beliefs. Whether you agree with his satanic videos or not, he makes some great videos and will be around for a while.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
I mean if you're gonna like mediocre rap, I don't see how Lil Nas X is too be or too good, he's just 'meh'. 

If I were into lyrically mediocre rap I'd dig gucci mane, future, gunna, lil baby, uzi vert etc

Nas X... Idk...

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Give me a Lil Nas X song or this:

I pick this any day.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Vader
Lil Nas X is LBGTQ+

Wouldn't you know.

Talk about cynical marketing.

And the target audience will lap it up.....For a while.

Until the next big thing hits their screens.

And satanic videos....Been around for years.

So a sort of retro vibe going on there.

And when you get to my age, you will probably smile too.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
@zedvictor4
I think if I felt very sad, was LGBT (I am actually a little bicurious but not to an extent it mattered to me growing up) and lonely and am a teen or young adult I could dig Nas X a bit but I must say that if that's the theme I enjoy, there's emo rock, country, metal, punk etc that's far superior at conveying this. Nas X just isn't the style Iost enjoy but I can see why some would.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
I'd agree.