Satire

Author: Benjamin

Total: 4
Benjamin
Debates: 91
Benjamin
I personally love satire. Whether the satire be true or false, deserved or undeserved, I simply can't resist enjoying ideas and policies be ridiculed and put under funny scrutiny. My personal favourite channels of satire on youtube are juicymedia and freedoomtoons. The latter especially can be critiqued, but I simply love the funny and sarcastic way they present ideas and ridicule other ideas. 

Juicymedia makes a lot of factual-based satire. For example, THIS VIDEO SUCCDS EXCEPTIONALLY AT RIDICULING ARMS SALES, WHILE STILL PROVIDING EVIDENCE.

Freedoomtoons is more biased and non-factual; it relies on animation and humour. For example, THIS VIDEO ILLUSTRATES THE ABSURDITY OF FACT-CHECKING FILTERS.

Both of these channels, while not always being necesarily right, make me laugh as well as rethink my stance on political issues. 

If you know about other good channels of satire, be sure to post about them here.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
Ha, nice ones, yeah I agree with both your takes on those two channels.

The Onion is a 'classic,

28 days later

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Benjamin
ReasonTV
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
Real satire is not recognized as satire until the writer is dead. Ideally you piss off society by promoting something ridiculous like "marriage to animals" to make a mockery of gay marriage by adopting their arguments.

Then you watch people who you stole the arguments from be in an uproar about it and also also gain some.followers who spread your ideals

For example when machiavelli's the prince was written people thought it was actual advice to kings. Even Bill Clinton has mentioned reading it when he was elected and taking the advice, because I guess even in modern times, people still don't realize it is satire. 

Thay is satire done right.