Discussion: should multi accounting ever be allowed?

Author: gugigor

Total: 5
gugigor
Debates: 40
gugigor
I've been thinking about what Ragnar said about multi accounting and I feel like exceptions should be or can be made, especially if accounts are made for different purposes. As long as neither account debates each other, or votes for the other, it should be fine. In my opinion, if one account is just silly and likes to experiment with non-serious ideas (like my seldiora account), it may be justifiable to keep another account to continue establishing a strong standard and avoid weaker debates. I personally feel like the ability to write different styles and experiment with a dummy "loser account" may also lead to exploring your knowledge and ideas further, without pressure to keep up with the standards set by another account. What are your thoughts?
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@gugigor
The pressure such a multiaccounter escapes is unfair. In online poker and mafia-dedicated sites this is a common reason people despise multiaccounters. Smurfing is a coward strat.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@gugigor
Different accounts, same person

Unless one intends to deceive, I personally don't see any advantage.

Other than, I can do, so therefore I will, perhaps.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@gugigor
I agree with RM. The necessity of keeping separate accounts straight in your head is purposeless enterprise. Not to mention that the temptation to debate one's self may become overwhelming. Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
I would say it is not necessary to allow multiple accounts, though I can't think of any really compelling specific reasons to make one, if such were brought up I would be open to the possibility of rethinking my conclusion.