If Time Halted Completely, But You Were Able to Move, Would You Actually be Able to Move Your Limbs?

Author: Reece101

Total: 19
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
I’m thinking because Earth’s atmosphere weighs down on us several tons.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Reece101
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Lemming
I’m not sure the particles would rip through you if you tried to move. Wouldn’t it just be as if you were trapped in clay or ice? 
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@Reece101
Let’s think about this. 

To move your legs you would need to not have time frozen for you( you’re in in different intertidal frame of reference.)

You’d be Able to move your legs in a vaccuum.

In the atmosphere, as you moved, you’d have to displace air. This is where it gets complex

If the air is not in your frame of reference, moving it would need it to be moving faster than the speed of light in its frame (time is frozen so it must move on infinitely faster), if it is partially in your frame of reference, then you’d be able to move the air forward, but the air behind you would not rush into take its place (it’s still frozen)

So you’d move slowly, compression the air infront, creating a high pressure wave in front and vacuum behind - a little like pushing sand with your hand.

When time returned; there’d be something similar to explosive decompression in the void you left behind.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Ramshutu
Thanks for the in-depth answer.

Now I’m wondering how much heat would be generated by the explosive decompression.
The pistol shrimp comes to mind. It can create an explosive decompressive void (reaching heats of the surface of the Sun) by cocking back and snapping its claw with such force. 
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Reece101
Don't know myself,
Your topic just reminded me of a comic I'd read recently.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
We're too hung-up on time, particularly relative to movement and distance. To cover a distance in a shorter period of time, more power must be applied, or so we imagine, because we insist on a time factor. What if there is no time? Further, what if there is infinite power? Is that infinite power impeded simply because time cannot catch up to our movement, being all-powerful? If God can be omnipotent, why not us? All we have to do is learn how to acquire it. Who says that's impossible? People who argue for their limitations, that's who. Well, damn it, why listen to them?
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
The paradox isn't that you can't move, it's that time hasn't really stopped regardless of if you are even aware, let alone able to move.

Time is forever. Even in nothingness it goes tick tick tick...
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Reece101
photons are only visible at speed and no speed can be achieved without time.  If you could move your limbs it would be in absolute darkness and you'd have to move fairly frequently just to keep moving into areas with oxygenated air- without the movement of gases in an atmosphere you'd need to continually move out the carbon dioxide cloud around your mouth every 4 or 5 breaths, probably.  If you are alone and without some way to move your body constantly while asleep, you'd probably asphyxiate the first time you fell asleep.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@oromagi
Assuming your lungs could handle the respiration.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Reece101
Time doesn't move.

We are an event with a duration.....Which is indicative of Time and Space.

There is either Time and Space or nothing.

And nothing, is seemingly as impossible as something.

No potential...No You.....Movement irrelevant.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Reece101
Now I’m wondering how much heat would be generated by the explosive decompression.
That can be calculated given the volume of air displaced, which would primarily depend on how much the person in question moved and how much pressure the air he moved through was under along with some other minor factors.
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
And nothing, is seemingly as impossible as something.
Zed, this false irrrational, illogical lack of common sense your espsousing because,  we live in a finite, occupied space Universe, then hat exists outside of of the finite Unvierse, is the macro-infinite non-occupied space ergo truly nothing aka as a true vacuum.

Why so few humans can actually grasp this simple concept, is because of three or more reasons.

1} ego,

2} ignorance,

3} inability to follow rational, logical common sense.

The next question becomes, if the Metaphysical-2, true vacuum exists outside, then why is not sucking our finite, occupied space Universe apart?

Well, maybe it is attempting to do so ergo, we have seemingly Dark Energy accelerated expansion.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc

Where have I heard that before?

So my previous response was.... "Time doesn't move".....What do you think?

And a simple non-technical yes or no, prior to a complex hypothesis, would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
"Time doesn't move".....What do you think

Two kinds of time exist.
1} Metaphysical-1 { spirit-1 } seconds, minutes, hours etc are not moving, as they are just mind/intellect/concepts we associate with the movement { change } of clock hands or digits,

2} latter part of the above is movement/change ergo 6 kinds of fundemental motion plus frequency and frequency is always accompanied by moderation/modification of of angle

The next question becomes, if the Metaphysical-2, true vacuum exists outside, then why is not sucking our finite, occupied space Universe apart, or is it?

Please elaborate for clarity as yes ore no are rarely function well to convey complex thoughts about complex Universe or any of its myriad of complex parts

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Time, as the potential that allows an event to have a duration.

Do we measure time, or the duration of an event?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Time, as the potentseconial that allows an event to have a duration.
Yes, Metaphyscical-1, mind/intellect/concepts/ego { i } quantify  discrete units  of   Time event or duration  as micro-seconds, hours, years, light years, macro-eons etc.

Do we measure time, or the duration of an event?
We  measure  { quantify } units of events and duration between events.  ex now { meson  short live life event }......duration........meson now event.............now event.. and such is the case with any particle.

The event ex the mesonic particle is both quantised and quantified, and that is observed time aka and part of the flow-of-time experience.

>>>>>> Past >>>> In >>> Arrow-of-Time >>> Out >>>>>>>>>>> Future..conceptual quantify

.............Past................space( *t ) i ( t* )space..........................future....occupied space

<<<<<<Past <<< out <<<<<< flow-of-time <<< in <<<<<<<<<<future...experiential { * t * } quantise

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
I think that you sort of agreed.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Reece101
Albert Einstein once wrote: People like us who believe in physics know that the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion. Time, in other words, he said, is an illusion.