Brillant Blade-less Wind Innovations

Author: ebuc

Total: 12
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc

Or would rather have a thorium  nuclear fissioning, chain reactor near your neighbor-hood.

I would choose wind power 99% of the time.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
Bladeless fan goes brrrrrr
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@RationalMadman
Bladeless fan goes brrrrrr
Ahh, obviously your a 'fan' of the old musical,...' and the wheels of a bus go round and round' sung by school children  while riding the bus on their field trip to see the tall wind mills in year 2023. 

My childhood field trips where to museum of science and history and the zoo, as we sang..'and the ants go marching one by one hurah, hurah'...

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
nuclear energy is the best and theres tons of research behind it, i dont why it enters congress's mind to develop nuclear energy, maybe because they dont have a corrupt lobbying group that influences politics
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@ebuc
I would choose  nuclear fusion power. China’s HL-2M tokamak fusion reactor in Chengdu, Sichuan Province has finally been commissioned, while South Korea’s K-STAR fusion reactor has broken its own record for plasma generation. At the same time, the UK is looking for a site for its planned STEP fusion reactor, and Russian scientific institutions have decided to cooperate more closely on fusion development.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
You weren't concentrating when you wrote that, were you Doc?

The Sun is the best nuclear fusion reactor we have available.....There's "tons" of it.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
no, nucleuar energy is the best
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4

The Sun is the best nuclear fusion reactor we have available.....There's "tons" of it.

Yeah Zed,  and its is relatively safe distance away from humans. So blurb the other day that Chernyoble is showing signs of reheating itself in basement where the molten nuclear core now resides.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Interesting....I hadn't read that.

I will take a look.

7 days later

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@RationalMadman

Nukes are for medical use and not much else, safely.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Chernyoble heating again and they dont know why.

..."The ultimate goal, however, is to remove all the nuclear fuel and store it in a geological repository."...Ha, good luck with that operation
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Yep....I agree.

Ultimately, nuclear energy is currently, something beyond our abilities to control.

Once we create it, we can then only contain it.

And as Chernobyl demonstrates, when things go horribly wrong, containment becomes a nightmare.

Lust for electrical energy overrides common sense.

And seemingly lust for electrical energy also overrides the usually overbearing considerations of cost.

A doomsday merchant would perhaps say that there is  something ominously predictive about all this.

More wind power for sure.

And the Sun bombards us with all the nuclear fired energy, we will ever need.