AR-15 Assulate Rifle = Swiss Army Knife

Author: ebuc

Total: 31
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
.."The fact that this judge compared the AR-15 — a weapon of war that’s used on the battlefield — to a Swiss Army Knife completely undermines the credibility of this decision and is a slap in the face to the families who’ve lost loved ones to this weapon," he said.....

Humanity would certainly be a lot  safer with the spread of Swiss Army Knifes.

It is sort of like comparing a solar panel to nuclear reactor. Dumb at best, idiot on board at worst.

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@ebuc
Like the Swiss army knife, an AR-15 makes an excellent

• nail file
  • wood saw
  • fish scaler
  • lighting source
  • pruner
  • hoof cleaner
  • can opener
  • key ring
  • toothpick
  • alarm
Every child should have one

thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
Yes. 
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@oromagi
The AR-15 is literally magic. It can turn a burglar into Swiss cheese in 5 seconds.

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@ebuc
My first brother, a libertarian liked the comparison.
Says it's a fine comparison, as the gun is able to have so many different types of items attached to it for different functions.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
It's almost as deadly as a handgun. Almost.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
It's almost as deadly as a handgun. Almost.
Semi-automatic pistol { handguns } used with one or two hands vs rifle that may require two hands and do 99%  of require a shoulder point-of-stabilization.

1} rifle bullets travel further,

....1a} pistol is more easily concealed just as the deadly Swiss Army Knife, ex women can carry in a purse easily without drawing attention,

......1b} no shoulder point-of-stabilization necessary or design for,

.......1c] lighter to carry so even smallest child can more easily use a pistol,

.........1d} less accurate, in general because of no third point of stabilization and even less tso when even three points-of-stabilzation can occur ex using a wall, or car hood etc,

........1e] choice of weapon  for more civilian women and childr on Earth,

.........1f} costs are much less ergo more suitable for poorer people,

2} rifle is more accurate because of shoulder point-of-stablization,

....2a} more difficult to conceal,

.....2b} rifle bullet travels twice as far,  tho a ballsitic missile analogy would not be correct, more like tank compared to bazooka

......2c} more difficult for the smaller child to carry and operate,

........2D} accuracy is 3-fold or more greater when using shoulder point-of-stabilization, an10-fold more accurate when using bilateral legs for barrrel end,

..........2e} costs more limited to people of priviledge ex those who use and sell weapons for profit.

Lets see, what did I miss {  miss the target? }.  I guess I would be better at sales, tho I was a excellent shot with my 22 cal, and usually came in 2nd at contests.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ebuc
Don't you have any white on white crime statistics to back that up?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
It's actually too bad the AR-15 can't be folded up like a swiss army knife so it could have some real competition for the deadliest firearm in the Nation.

But only the guns used by people of a certain protected skin color are truly protected by the constitution.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
Don't you have any white on white crime statistics to back that up?
I'm refering to people not color, ethnicity etc.  There are more chinese than any other ethincity on Earth and I have no statitistics related to them and AR-15 or the Swiss Army knife. Sorry.  They may use a wok to kill each more often than any other gun or knife.  i dunno.

It's actually too bad the AR-15 can't be folded up like a swiss army knife so it could have some real competition for the deadliest firearm in the Nation.
Surely you incorrect GP, as we have so much computing power I would think your favorite choice of infolding-outfolding weapon would have been created years ago.  The weapon markteers  may need to get you on board to apply pressure on the designers of killingry tools.

Livingry tools design may fall behind the  killingry tool design in the near future at the rate we see gun sales and weaponization of humanity on Earth. YIKES!

Head for the hills, and/or the nearest bunker you city folks, the end is near. 2232 A.D.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ebuc
It's ironic that knives... Swiss Army or otherwise...are responsible for 5 times more deaths than ANY rifle...AR-15 or otherwise.

If ONLY the AR-15 could be as deadly as a Swiss Army knife....
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Like the Swiss Army Knife, the popular AR-15 rifle is a perfect combination of  home defense weapon and homeland defense equipment. Good for both home and battle, the AR-15 is the kind of versatile gun that lies at the intersection of the kinds of firearms protected under District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008) and United States v Miller, 307 U.S. 174 (1939). Yet, the State of California makes it a crime to have an AR15 type rifle. Therefore, this Court declares the California statutes to be unconstitutional.

Plaintiffs challenge a net of interlocking statutes which impose strict criminal restrictions on firearms that fall under California’s complex definition of the ignominious “assault weapon.” Hearings on a preliminary injunction were consolidated with a trial on the merits pursuant to F.R.C.P. Rule 65(a)(2). Having considered the evidence, the Court issues these findings of fact and conclusions of law, finds for the Plaintiffs, and enters Judgment accordingly.

The Second Amendment “elevates above all other interests the right of law-abiding, responsible citizens to use arms in defense of hearth and home.” Heller, 554
U.S., at 635. The Supreme Court clearly holds that the Second Amendment protects guns commonly owned by law-abiding citizens for lawful purposes. At the same time, “the Second Amendment confers an individual right to keep and bear arms . . . that ‘have some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia.’ And although the Supreme Court cautioned that the Second Amendment does not guarantee a right to keep and carry “any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose,” Heller, 554 U.S., at 626, lower courts have often cited this proviso about extreme cases to justify gun laws in average contexts.

There is no evidence that the Supreme Court intended that language to be a license to avoid its common sense holding in average contexts. Unfortunately, Heller’s
acknowledgement of exceptions for gun laws at the extreme is in danger of swallowing Heller’s rule for the average case.
This case is not about extraordinary weapons lying at the outer limits of Second Amendment protection. The banned “assault weapons” are not bazookas, howitzers, or machineguns. Those arms are dangerous and solely useful for military purposes. Instead, the firearms deemed “assault weapons” are fairly ordinary, popular, modern rifles. This is an average case about average guns used in average ways for average purposes. One is to be forgiven if one is persuaded by news media and others that the nation is awash with murderous AR-15 assault rifles. The facts, however, do not support this hyperbole, and facts matter.

Federal Bureau of Investigation murder statistics do not track assault rifles, but they do show that killing by knife attack is far more common than murder by any kind of rifle. In California, murder by knife occurs seven times more often than murder by rifle. For example, according to F.B.I. statistics for 2019, California saw 252 people murdered with a knife, while 34 people were killed with some type of rifle – not necessarily an AR-15.

A Californian is three times more likely to be murdered by an attacker’s bare hands, fists, or feet, than by his rifle. In 2018, the statistics were even more lopsided as California saw only 24 murders by some type of rifle. The same pattern can be observed across the nation.
-HON. ROGER T. BENITEZ United States District Judge

I stand corrected by the Judge. The Swiss Army Knife is seven times more deadly than an AR-15. At least in California.

n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
it's sad to see an educated man on the bench parroting the idea that knives are more dangerous than rifles. yes, that's technically true, but when you consider how many knives exist versus rifles, rifles have a higher rate of danger to them, especially assault rifles. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgmi
Knife deaths matter.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@ebuc
As if Gavin Nusom has a brain cell in his head. The AR-15 is not used in US military. Who, to date, has offered a definition of "assault weapon?" Isn't that necessary before the term is used in any legislation?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Greyparrot
Spot on!
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@fauxlaw
I love Californians...they make me seem so superior in comparison.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Greyparrot
Careful. I are one.

Well, used to be, until I saw the writing on the wall that the state was going stupid.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
It's ironic that knives... Swiss Army or otherwise...are responsible for 5 times more deaths than ANY rifle...AR-15 or otherwise.
Again, with china having the most people on Earth, they probably have access to more knives and woks.

Woks dont kill as easily and hard to conceal.  AR-15 is hard to conceal and costs more than a wok or a knife.

I think weapon marketeers are making good money for assault rifles  or similar ergo they are in that is primarily associated  business  the more privileged parts of  humanity, preying on the the less privileged by keeping killingry tools an actively  growing market with idiot immoral judges whose concern is not for the welfare of humanity but for the business of killingry.

End date for humanity 2232. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ebuc
California is far worse than the Chinese and their assault Woks.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
California is far worse than the Chinese and their assault Woks.
So are you inferring that the high knife deaths value is primarily a resultant of CA?

I figured CA has a lot of homeless but still have no idea they might be the cause of so many knife deaths in USA.

Or maybe it is gang violence. Asian, hispanic etc.  Poor mans choice of weapon cause inexpensive and easy to conceal and a relative quiet assault that does not attract attention.

However, most of the mass-shootins  is not done with  a knife.  So mass-shootings may never approach the high values of knife assaults and more so since most people in china are poor.  Again, it appears mass-shootings and AR-15's and their like is associated with more privileged parts of society. Go figure.

The marketeers of killingry tools make most money selling to the more privileged society, is my guess. I dunno

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ebuc
However, most of the mass-shootins  is not done with  a knife. 

you are correct. The vast majority of shootings in schools in California are done with handguns wielded by African Americans. Not that the racist media gives a fuck about the final solution for them.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
you are correct. The vast majority of shootings in schools in California are done with handguns wielded by African Americans. Not that the racist media gives a fuck about the final solution for them.
So let me  get this straight as to what you seem to keep implyring/infering;

1} most mass shootings on Earth are in CA shcools of blakc children shooting other black children?,

2} that most killings on earth by civilians on Earth is done with knives in CA?

3} that all media outlets in CA are racist?

4} And I forget the other death related items that your believe CA is responsible for?
....4a}Death by fires maybe?
.....4b} Death by homeless killing other homeles is mostly in  CAs?
......4c} Death of homeless in general is mostly in CA? 
........4D} Death by sucicde is mostly in CA?
...........4e} death by hollywood african americans?
............4f} African american  mountain lions in CA?

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
..4G} people  in CA who believe in  human induced climate change are the cause of most deaths by drought in southwest and primarily in CA where theever decreasing water flow of Colorado river flows into  CA?

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ebuc
3} that all media outlets in CA are racist?
Sorry, but black on black murders are just not as thrilling to a gated liberal seated high up in the arena stands of the gladiator pit.

They are not entertained.

Racist media watchers make for a racist media. And the media only shows what sells in the world of infotainment.

Racist armchair Democrats want the thrill that comes with imagining all sorts of scary things that could happen to them personally if they should leave their gated nest. Black on Black reporting won't do it for them.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
Racist armchair Democrats want the thrill that comes with imagining all sorts of scary things that could happen to them personally if they should leave their gated nest. Black on Black reporting won't do it for them.
Huh? gated racists democrats.  I think you a Trumpster full of false narrative, misleading info etc. Sad :--(

Best you get your AR-15, a bunker/silo and start storing air,... food,... water,..... ionizing radiation suits { (Y) } and good waste re-cycler.

I suppose you and the other paranoid Trumpsters future progeny  will be the new brave world beyond 2232.  I think there may be some-several movies about how your future progeny lives will be like.  Pray { Metaphysical-1 spirit }, hope { Metaphysical-1 spirit } and only soldiers in foxholes and civilians in bunkers/silos have hope and prayer? ? ? 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ebuc
Are you not entertained you Patrician?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
Are you not entertained you Patrician?

I'm not a Papa, tho I dAo have a step-son from age 11 onward. I have entertained some various apocalypse scenario movies:

0}oldest one I cant recall but the bad guys are all alabinos beacuse of radiation exposure and or living underground,

1} 1st and 2nd Road Warrior with Mel Gibson { Mad Max },

....1a} the more recently release of road warrior { Mad Max ] done in Astraliial and won many awards,

2}  book of eli  { Densel Wahsington,

3} World War of Z Brad with Brad Pit is best zombie movie,

4} The quiet ones?,

5} resident evil etc,

I cant think of off-hand that reflect very well humanities most likely scenarios and not sure of any weel made movies that end with the end of humanity via self-destruction.

My guess, that human induced climate change > global warming > greenhouse effect will lead to hydrogen bombs being set off. 

So again, those Trumpsters in bunkers are praying and hoping they are on the correct track to arm, arm, arm and re-arm themselves witt as many explosive projectiles as possible to definnd the bunker/silo suplies and wait it out.

If it is full scale hydrogen bomb escalation on Earth, then I'm doubft the Trumpster bunkers/silos ideas will gain those humans inside much time once they come out to who knows what kind of landscape they will find.

Some of hope and pray we find away that does not involve Trumpster false narrative and paranoid rabbit hole bunker/silo existence.  Maybe that is what happend in the past as told by Hopi indians of humans coming from inside the Earth. there is actual mound { hole? } on river that feeds into the Colorado that that say human emerged from.

Could be they were past Trupsster types remering after 1000s of years living underground.  I rather doubt but who knows?

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ebuc
It takes a really twisted mind to imagine a person in a bunker is an existential threat.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@ebuc
You don't know anything about guns. No military soldier would walk into war with a AR-15. Bwhahahahahahahahahahahaha