Anyone here from new york or visited?

Author: Lunatic

Total: 10
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
I am here visiting with some friends. Any "must see" or "do" things we should check out while we are here?

We saw the 9/11 museum and are going to a boston comedy club tonight and tried new york pizza. Those were the things I had on my bucket list but now we got a couple more days to kill so any recommendations would be appreciated!
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Lunatic
  • I love the top of the  Empire State building. 
  • Statue of Liberty is great but it will eat major time- perhaps just take the ferry to Staten Island & back
  • I would do at least one long subway ride underground and elevated- out to Queens or the Bronx
  • One ferry to Staten Island, Statue of Liberty, or Brooklyn
  • I would do one long taxi ride, maybe up to Harlem 125th St for soul food or barbeque.
  • Dumbo is the hippest place these days, I've heard-  on the far side of Brooklyn Bridge- maybe walk or bike or scooter out there for a meal or show.  Brooklyn Bridge by itself is amazing.  Do they have scooters for rent in NYC, I wonder?
  • I think the Egyptian and Roman exhibits @ the Met are awesome and a walk around Central Park is a must.  Maybe get lunch at Zabar's Deli.
  • I've never been to the Guggenheim but that is on my bucket list.
  • I would definitely try to walk the new High Line Park.
  • There's an immersive Van Gogh exhibit on Pier 36 that sounds like a blast.
  • The best meal of my whole  life was a summer night out on Mulberry St. but that was 20 yrs ago.    I called the front desk at the Ritz and asked them to tell me the best Italian on Mulberry St.  If I was there now, I'd probably see if I could get into Craft- Tom Collichio's place- which is not on Mulberry.
  • Definitely a bagel from a top rated bagel shop- they really are better in NYC
  • You got to try to do a show.  I would try for Hamilton or Little Shop of Horrors or Company but its all about last minute availability.
  • Late night Chinese in Chinatown
  • Coffee shops in Greenwich Village & walk around Washington Sq.  There's a Spanish restaurant called Sevilla with amazing Paella & Sangrias.
    • Of course, it Pride month so I'd be checking out Christopher St.
  • Some mid-town Dive Bar like Strangelove's
  • Time's Square at night, of course
  • Robert De NIro's Tribeca Film Fest is this week- might be hard to get a movie but the art galleries and sidewalks will be hopping down there.
  • No matter how hard you try you will only scratch the surface- there's a million things to do.

Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@oromagi
Awesome reccomendations man! I'll try to do as many of those as we can. Done a couple of them like riding the subway. Yyw recommended a cheesecake place so we tried that and we went around Greenwich village. Will check out other stuff.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
I've never been, but depending on what you're into, seeing Time Square and even casual shopping there is not a bad idea from what I heard from my friends that visited
oromagi
oromagi
oromagi
oromagi
oromagi
oromagi
oromagi
oromagi
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@Lunatic

..."Jones Beach is accessible by car, boat, bicycle, and in the summer season by bus. Most visitors arrive by car via the Meadowbrook State Parkway or the Wantagh State Parkway; the recreation area is also accessible via the Ocean Parkway. A significant portion of visitors take the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) to Freeport and then a bus to Jones Beach.[35]
.....Boaters often anchor on the bay side of Jones Beach (i.e., Zachs Bay), especially at night during a show such as the fireworks show on July 4.[36]
A greenway alongside the Wantagh State Parkway allows bicycling, skating or walking about four miles (6.4 km) from Cedar Creek County Park on Merrick Road into Jones Beach. A similar route to Long Beach is under consideration.[citation needed]"...

Stay at least 15 ft from the larger purple jellies, when swiming. I love NY

24 days later

RationalMadman
Debates: 562
RationalMadman
passionately kiss in public while putting out your arm for a taxi to stop and drive you two away.

sorry, I thought this was a movie