What's happened to DART mafia?

Author: MisterChris

Total: 5
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
We used to have a constant base of players. What's happened folks?
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@MisterChris
People get busy and not a lot of people have time. I hope we can get a game going soon once. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@MisterChris
Well, we've never had a constant base of players if we define players as participants who show up at least once a day to play.  Unlike any other place I've seen this game played, the most effective strategy by far was to ignore the game to the maximum extent allowed.  Worse, without any sort of well-defined ruleset or limited set of potential roles, the capacity for deduction to solve the game's unknowns was essentially nullified (and with it, the point of playing).  The game as we played it was mostly reduced to  random chance and accidental (or deliberate) self-sabotage but very little of the rational or rhetorical challenge such a game might promise.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@MisterChris
Crocodile has a game in sign ups. Mafia is back if you want to play
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@MisterChris
I think our games here would be more fun if we shifted to different structures of playing, maybe try out a style similar to mafia scum, or to mafia universe. Just test different things out and "forget what we think we know" about mafia. Or just try different concept that aren't so reliant on themes, and more about deduction. We would need a significant amount of effort for it to work. People can't just pop in and make less than 5 posts a day.