Religion Struggles

Author: Kadin

Total: 6
Kadin
Debates: 0
Kadin
Which part of YOUR religion (organized church) or faith (your personal beliefs) do you struggle with the most? For example, if you are Catholic you might struggle with how your church handled abuse allegations. Or if you are Jehovah's Witness, you might resent that you are discouraged from having relationships outside the faith. 
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Not one of any particular faith that could be categorized, because my beliefs are personalized.

Everyone believes a set of things. They would consider themselves a member of the set belief(especially a popular one) that they overlap the most with. However, there are existing differences and the differences are what made the struggles struggles.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Kadin
 For example, if you are Catholic you might struggle with how your church handled abuse allegations. Or if you are Jehovah's Witness......

JW's have as much child sexual abuse going on in their cult too. They just like to handle it " in house".

Jehovah's Witnesses sued over 'historical sex abuse'.

New Documentary Examines Alleged Child Sex Abuse Within Jehovah's Witnesses
Oxygen's The Witnesses revisits long-running claims of protections given to alleged pedophiles within the denomination.

"In April The Atlantic magazine revealed the sect maintained a list of accused pedophiles within its membership going back decades."

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Kadin
Yes it does.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Well I don't like when people look at the Ettas and forget that it was translated by a Christian and that he christianized the tales. And that some stories are related to Christian symbolism and not pagan or animist symbolism and then argue  with you about it like the Eddas are a Bible. And when racist use pagan symbols it's frustrating because people don't know what those symbols mean and then they just assume they're racist cuz racist use them and then you can't use them because then you're a racist even though it's got nothing to do with racism. But to be fair every religion deals with racist dumbasses.
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Kadin

Kadin,

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE: "Which part of YOUR religion (organized church) or faith (your personal beliefs) do you struggle with the most?"

Again, since I am the ONLY True Christian upon this esteemed forum because I follow ALL of the inspired words of Jesus within the JUDEO-Christian Bible, as Yahweh God incarnate, it has always troubled me in the following instances where someday I may have to do the following acts stated by Jesus herewith:

1. “If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.” (Leviticus 20:13)

2. "If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but to kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12)

3. "But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel:  Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father’s house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father’s house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you." (Deut. 22:20-21)

Yes, there are many other instances within the scriptures where the ever loving and forgiving Jesus as God states that certain parts of His creation should be put to death, but the above examples bother me the most here in the 21st century.