The Mandalorian

Author: janesix

Total: 4
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
I haven't seen a show I like since Battlestar Gallactica ( I don't even have tv) but my bf got disney  to watch the Mandalorian, and I binged watched season 1 and 2 in less than twenty four hours.

Really goood.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@janesix
Never tried it myself.
I just see the cutesy Yoda in trailers, get annoyed, assume all the other elements probably aren't what I'm looking for in a show either.

Glad you enjoyed it though.
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@Lemming
I thought it would be stupid, and some of it is. But I really like some of the characters, and I was drawn in.  It is somewhat childish, but I like heroes, and I needed I guess something nice in my life right now. 

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@janesix
I agree they were great.  If you're not much of a movie watcher you might not have picked up on how much of the show was a loving homage to and retelling of classic US and Italian Westerns as well as the Japanese samurai movies of Akira Kurosawa.  If you liked the Mandalorian try Ford's" The Searchers", Peckinpah's "Wild Bunch", Leone's "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" and above all Kurosawa's "Seven Samurai" (possibly the most influential action movie of all time).

If you are looking for another good sci-fi series I highly recommend "The Expanse"