Biden gave russia a list of our most sensitive targets for hacking

Author: Wylted

Total: 18
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
Biden gave a list of targets to russia and said these are off limits. A list of 16 hacking targets that would be the most damaging to the United States. I can sleep more comfortably not only knowing russia is apparently allowed to hack anything else, but that they have a list of the 16 targets that would harm us the most https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1405217452879925251?s=19
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Wylted
I can sleep more comfortably not only knowing russia is apparently allowed to hack anything else, but that they have a list of the 16 targets that would harm us the most https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1405217452879925251?s=19
lol same
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
Biden gave a list of targets to russia and said these are off limits. A list of 16 hacking targets that would be the most damaging to the United States. I can sleep more comfortably not only knowing russia is apparently allowed to hack anything else, but that they have a list of the 16 targets that would harm us the most https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1405217452879925251?s=19
As ever, you seem willing to repeat any tweet you read without taking the time to research or even think.

The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) was established by (Republican controlled) Congress and signed into law by Donald Trump in 2018.  The 16 sectors of Critical Infrastructure were developed by that law and have been published online since inception. 

Whatever your machine of perpetual misinformation might tell you, the list Biden gave Putin is well publicized, quite general, and intuitively sensible.

This is Biden giving Putin fair warning after Russia's recent attacks on our Energy and Agriculture Sectors- any Russian based cyberattack on American assets in these areas will be responded to as direct attacks on America by Russia- as if Russia blew up a dam or bombed one of our airbases.  Too bad Trump never thought to establish such obvious limits with his chum Putin.

Critical Infrastructure Sectors
  1. Chemical Sector
  2. Commercial Facilities Sector
  3. Communications Sector
  4. Critical Manufacturing Sector
  5. Dams Sector
  6. Defense Industrial Base Sector
  7. Emergency Services Sector
  8. Energy Sector
  9. Financial Services Sector
  10. Food and Agriculture Sector
  11. Government Facilities Sector
  12. Healthcare and Public Health Sector
  13. Information Technology Sector
  14. Nuclear Reactors, Materials, and Waste Sector
  15. Transportation Systems Sector
  16. Water and Wastewater Systems Sector
Do you really suppose Putin is rubbing his hands together tonight saying, "Eureka, Biden just gave away the fact that they consider Nuclear Reactors important"?

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
Sounds like he already crossed that line by attacking the meat and oil industry. 

I could imagine the following scenario

Putin nukes us

Biden "nuke us one more time and we will retalite"

If he crossed the line punish him. 
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
->@oromagi
Sounds like he already crossed that line by attacking the meat and oil industry. 

I could imagine the following scenario

Putin nukes us

Biden "nuke us one more time and we will retalite"

If he crossed the line punish him. 
While those sorts of limits were of course, well established during the Bush and Obama administrations, Trump obliterated those norms when he invited Russia's top spies into the Oval Office while forbidding any US counterparts or security.  In effect, Trump said to Russia, "I've unlocked the back door to the candy store and given the security guard the night off, boys.... enjoy!!!"

Therefore it was necessary for Biden to re-establish the previous expectations- "the door is locked again and any new trespassers will be shot."
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
What is supposed to be the point of having their U S counter parts there? 

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
?    
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
You thought it was suspicious that the u.s counterparts were not there for the Russian agents. I just wasn't sure why they would be there. Why would we need anyone other than a translator, and even that is much considering Putin is faking like he doesn't speak english
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
@oromagi
You thought it was suspicious that the u.s counterparts were not there for the Russian agents. I just wasn't sure why they would be there. Why would we need anyone other than a translator, and even that is much considering Putin is faking like he doesn't speak english

Trump exposed our friends secrets and got a bunch of our guys killed and gave Putin a huge PR win.

Having at least one person in the room that represented US interests might not have kept Trump from giving aid and comfort to the enemy but at least we wouldn't have had to first read about it in The Moscow Times and we'd have some record of what other top secrets Trump gave away.  Notice how Biden was never alone with Putin today.  Notice how Trump and Putin consistently sought alone time when they met.  One president instills confidence  in our friends by  providing constant verifiability.  The other elicits fear from our allies by whispering with the enemy in secret.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Wylted
Russia Russia Russia. Complete and total exoneration!
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@ILikePie5
The funny thing about those attacks is that governments all.around the united states have been attacked with ransom ware. They also usually pay up LOL..infect Antony Alabama police department by getting some idiot cop to download ransom ware and you just made an easy 20k

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Wylted
@Dr.Franklin
And the U.S never hacks.

It's all a part of the modern game boys.

Have technology, will hack.

And Joe and Vlad smile for the cameras.

It's nice in Geneva this time of year.

And where's Xi?

Always smiling.

Sleep easy gender neutral people.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
zed is populist??
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Thanks Doc.

Populist maybe.

Realist maybe.

Or just a meist.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
that explains everything
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Dr.Franklin
that explains everything
What does that explain? Aren't you a meist, too? I am. But -ists are a dime a dozen. I'm left-handedist, but not leftist.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@fauxlaw
im not quite sure, its just zed being zed
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Well, yeah. Zed is Zed, alright. In this corner, I'm approving of the Brit. After all, I am one, too, if I go back far enough and in one arm of the family.