What is the most disturbing thing you learned today?

Author: Wylted

Total: 11
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I'll go first.  Hillary Clinton has literally raped and mutilated children. https://archive.is/oddP1

A video of her doing so was found on anthony Weiner's laptop. The video has been scrubbed from the internet but a ty least 12nknvestigating officers saw the content on Weiner's laptop, and 9 of them ended up dead coincidentally. 
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@Wylted
I was learning about the Rwandan Genocide today. Further proof that your neighbor will kill you with their teeth if shit goes down.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Sum1hugme
I was learning about the Rwandan Genocide today. Further proof that your neighbor will kill you with their teeth if shit goes down.
You should watch Hotel Rwanda. Great movie
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
Most disturbing thing I learned today is that Republicans are still okay with promoting lie that Hillary Clinton has literally raped and mutilated children.  You can't bear false witness like that and then pretend to be a decent human being.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
Why did 9 of the 12 people who viewed Weiner's laptop die?
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
@oromagi
Why did 9 of the 12 people who viewed Weiner's laptop die?
name all 12 please
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
I'll name 3 and you can do your owndiging afterword.  Even if we stopped at 3, that would still be startling number. 

Deputy Chief Steven Silks was found in an unmarked patrol car wearing civilian clothes last summer, just one month before he would turn 63 and face mandatory retirement.
He allegedly shot himself in the head, with the gun reportedly discovered beside him.
He was very closely and heavily involved in the investigation of the Laptop seized from former Congressman Anthony Weiner which allegedly held volumes of Hillary Clinton email evidence on it.
Then Det. Joseph Calabrese, a NYPD Detective prominent figure, who was also involved heavily in the Anthony Weiner Sex Crimes investigation was found dead with what is believed to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound shortly after Deputy Chief Silks.
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
Its really not what I have learned but what career minded masculine  feminist women are now learning. That will most likely  never find a husband or have kids. They are living in denial that they are living on a time limit regarding marriage and kids. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Sum1hugme
That humans are basically barbarians is century old news. We just dont see everywhere or as much percentage wise.

However, with 8 billion plus --and rising-- on Earth, some limits are going to be reached and unless mycelium based fungus products  LINK replace PVC and alternatives to petreoleum, coal and nukes is replaced with 100 - 200 years, we will see the end of humanity on Earth by year 2232.

I watched the movie years ago and that other older one.  Cant find it but I think it was called Zulu.

...."As soon as people stayed in one place, there is lots of evidence of war in all societies," he said, pointing to Syria, Egypt and the Mayan empire as examples.

"The question is whether this [warfare] happened with hunter-gatherers.

"There has been evidence of people killing each other before but it is singular. So certainly this is one of the earliest examples where you see a whole group wiped out."
The remains were found partly or completely exposed in 2012, preserved in sediment of a lagoon that has long since dried.
Radiocarbon and uranium dating techniques used on the skeletons and sediment and shell samples, place the attack as happening between 9500 and 10,500 years ago.

Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@ebuc
Well one of the most disturbing things about the Genocide in Rwanda is that it wasn't a war. It was the indiscriminate butchering of man woman and child, for the crime of being born a Tutsi. Men had to kill their wives and children. One survivor of the marshes described how the priests, deacons, schoolmasters, and burgomasters wore their soft cotton pants, dress shirts, and rolled up their sleeves to get a better grip in their machetes. 

Afterwards, the world wondered how they even knew who was a Tutsi, since they looked the same, intermarried, and shared a culture and language. The way the Hutus knew who was who, is because these Tutsis were their neighbors, friends, wives, children. These were the people they went to school with, The old woman that put medicinal plants on your wounds. 

There's a lot more, you should read the book "machete season."

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Sum1hugme
These were the people they went to school with, The old woman that put medicinal plants on your wounds. 
Saw the news as it happened, and the movie some years later.  Human barbarism has basic operational process for at least 10,000 years.

I watched the fall of commuism create the Bosnian-Croatian { 1992 - 95 } war  ---former Yugoslovia--- as it unfolded  and we saw the  exact same thing you reference above. This is were first learned about area of brain that involves empathy and how it can not work at all, or been inactivated by people who are in the middle of the barbarism and commit barbaric, inhumane acts of violence towards their neighbors.

..."The 75-year-old was found guilty in 2016 of 10 of the 11 charges he faced at the international criminal tribunal for the former Yugoslavia over his role in the mass killings of civilians in the conflict that tore Bosnia apart more than a quarter of a century ago. In 2019, judges at The Hague in the Netherlands increased his sentence from 40 years to life following a failed appeal attempt."....