Proof of fake news

Author: Wylted

Total: 25
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
In the 90s, satellite tv allowed you to watch the news during commercial breaks and see what news casters really thought between takes. The news has gotten even fake since then. https://youtu.be/KCE1srBrB0Q

We now come across creepy hivemind news videos, and things like Don Lemon messing up and admitting the news is fake when he confronts a street reporter for pretending his camera man is just another man on the street to be interviewed.  

After seeing this proof the news is fake, you should almost always default to believing the opposite of whatever narrative the (let's call it reptilian) controllled media pushes. 

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
always believe the opposite of what anybody tells you sound like a mental health diagnosis. Why not just learn what media generally hold themselves accountable to the truth and trust those sources more than media who don't or won't hold themselves accountable.  When you do, a reasonably coherent narrative emerges.  It may not be the narrative you wanted but it has the advantage of consistency.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
Why is it a bad policy to believe the opposite of what liars tell you?

Also I like the assumption that some media is honest. Lol. The media lies.  A lot of those clips were from your liberally biased news sources as well. 
oromagi
oromagi
Why is it a bad policy to believe the opposite of what liars tell you?
because its irrational.  If a liar tells you that water is healthy it does not follow that water must be poison.  If a liar tells you it is dark outside, it would not be rational to assume that it is therefore day.  Liars should be discounted as reliable sources rather than assumed to be reliable evidence that the opposite is true.

....and of course, you have no genuine criteria for determining whether or a source is reliable.  You seem to believe things only because they reinforce your fucked up world view and disbelieve statements that don't.  Not really a way to figure out the truth of anything.  Bias in unavoidable, accountability and consistency is what matters when knowing what to trust.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
Rewatch the clip at the beginning also add this to it

Wylted
Wylted
Even the weather channel.is not above it https://youtu.be/XFh-X1bv4P0

What source can I blindly trust Oro?
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
What source can I blindly trust Oro?
I would not recommend that you do anything blindly in the sense of "without consideration or question"

If you have eyes to see, why not use them?

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
Here is another one. Pure evil https://youtu.be/8slEPV9LyS0

Don't worry I distrust everything.  Blind trust is not my bag.  

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
again.... why is there no position in your conception between blind trust and distrust?  Most people trust or distrust most things in life with less than the absolute positions you demand.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
Because it allows for was easier precision if decision making.  It removes ambiguity. 

If you say you should have some level between blind trust and distrust, how would you precisely determine that level ? 

If things are gray than you can not move and are caught in paralysis of analysis.  If you can't determine precisely the correct move, you shouldn't make one.  

oromagi
oromagi

If things are gray than you can not move and are caught in paralysis of analysis.  If you can't determine precisely the correct move, you shouldn't make one.  

Well you might be paralyzed but the rest of us are not.  Almost nothing in life is deeply understood by reduction to poles.  Even the North and South poles are best understood by a variety of measures- magnetic, geographic.  There are no absolute truths, everything is filtered through the perception of individuals.  How do you describe a Van Gogh using only black and white?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
How do you describe a Van Gogh using only black and white?

All art is dumb.  Even dancing and music.  I would say it is colors semi randomly placed on a canvas, and is probably less beautiful than what you would find in nature, or even in the eyes of a woman you love. 

Art is tribal, and unimpressive.  A waste of time.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Wylted
News is propaganda, so what do you expect?

Absolute truth....LOL.

Wouldn't the World be boring if everyone was honest?
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Wylted
The correct move is the one that aligns to reality. The world is a nuanced place. That will always be true whether you accept it or not, no matter how inconvenient it is to you. I suggest you learn to see the world for what it actually is, even if it does take work. 

badger
Debates: 0
badger
Wylted is an agent of chaos, and I respect it greatly. I also love the nonsense in it all, and resent no one seeing the world for other than what it is. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@badger
Wylted is an agent of chaos, ......
CBS showed a building collapsing in FL yesterday.   I believed it was true.  There was and is chaos and it in that news and it has nothing to do with liars.

Chaos = disorder = paranoia without reason, logic or common sense.

Ex Trumpet and his cult of 74 million { plus } Trumpeteers tooting, encouraging and supporting chaotic lies, misinformation and unnecessarily violence based protest.  

badger
badger
-->
@ebuc
You're a good lad, ebuc. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@badger
You're a good lad, ebuc. 
As evidenced by the many truths Ive posted.  Please share if you ever find me posting something that is not true.

Pi^3 = 31.00  62  7  '66'  ''8''  0 2 99 8.......

News showed strawberry moon, stating that time of year moon is closet to Earth.  I believe what I heard on CBS news.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Double_R
It's impossible to see the world as it truly is. Our perceptions are imperfect, we are working on incomplete information and we may just be brains in a vat
Unpopular
Debates: 2
Unpopular
You can't have free speech without fake news, they go hand in hand. On social media you can write anything without fact checks and that gets picked up and shared. Even when Fox News was sued for sharing stories of election fraud,  even though there's no credible evidence at all, they backtracked and said THEY aren't saying there's election fraud, but other people are saying it and they're just reporting what other people are saying. I would rather have free speech where we can have fake news then censorship, but there is nobody who wants completely free speech, or should I say almost nobody. 

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Wylted
It's impossible to see the world as it truly is. Our perceptions are imperfect, we are working on incomplete information and we may just be brains in a vat
So you just give up and succumb to whatever fanciful notions seem appealing to you?

We’ll never see the world 100% accurately. That doesn’t mean we can’t refine our thinking to tune ourselves as closely as possible.

Part of what I do for a living is scheduling and budgeting. When I first started in my position, the schedule was worthless. We had people all over the place when we didn’t need them, and we didn’t have people when we did. The thinking was that our business was unpredictable, so we just used one flat schedule. When I came in I looked at the data, found patterns, and scheduled to those patterns. Turns out our business was far more predictable than believed. Do I always get it right? No, of course not. But my decisions are informed and are a lot more accurate as a result. Since then our customer satisfaction has gone way up and we’ve done it while saving on payroll. You don’t need to be omniscient, you just need to accurately understand what’s happening.

Life works exactly the same. It’s not a question of black or white, it’s a question of which shade of grey you’re in. Right now your shade is way off, and if the attitude and method of reasoning you demonstrate here transfer to your every day decisions I sincerely doubt you are making the most of yourself.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Double_R
Life works exactly the same. It’s not a question of black or white, it’s a question of which shade of grey you’re in. Right now your shade is way off, and if the attitude and method of reasoning you demonstrate here transfer to your every day decisions I sincerely doubt you are making the most of yourself.
I've made massive improvements at my jobs also. For example I Went into a store and took it over that had 500 second times, high turnover and several health code violations.  

I fixed the health code stuff by applying policies that ensured FICO was followed and I normalized trading with other stores or gifting other stores if we fucked up and ordered too much
I retrained managers to be more proactive and times went from 500 to 200, and turnover reduced and they could finally work with experienced crew. I reduced turnover by leaning heavy on internal promotions and making sure people hot the schedule they wanted. 

The problem is 2 fold. I was making about 65k a year which is decent for a high school drop out. 

The first problem is that the changes were not good enough.  200 second times are still shit times, and turnover was still higher than I wanted though I chopped it in half. 

So I quit. I worked a minimum wage job and then I decided I needed to max out my income potential again so I went back into it. The problems were similar, but better. This time I perfected things even more. They still weren't good enough. Now my numbers exceeded everyone's in the districts.

However I would look at people coming in every day getting fatter and fatter. I was poisoning good people, an accomplice to their murder. I realized I am no different than a serial killer, but instead of killing them with bullets, I killed them with hamburgers and fries. I am single handedly probably a coconspiritor in over 1000 murders. 

So bbn it 8s kinda black and white with me. I'm a murderer, and helped kill 1000 people. I didn't want to make it 1001. I still struggle to keep a job. I refuse to go back and be a murderer so my wife hates me for making less than I am able to. I just got nk into sales so now I said people into spending money that would be better suited to savings or charitable causes. So I am essentially robbing starving 3rd world children of potential donations that could save their lives. At Wendy's I killed adults. Now I am murdering children. So yes the thinking harms me. 

I am conservative because the ideology is better for society. If I was liberal I would still struggle with the black and white thinking. I wish you would just focus on disproving my premises though and not making me feel worse about my internal thoughts.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Wylted
I’m not trying to make you feel worse about your thoughts, I’m trying to get you to recognize the value of epistemology and critical thinking. And I do respond to your premises. In one of the last threads I went through a point by point by point breakdown of everything wrong with your argument on democrats using polling to cheat. You responded to none of it, which is fine I guess if you agree with what I said, but somehow I suspect I’ll be seeing you post the same stuff in another few weeks or so.

Regarding the work stuff, don’t you think you’re going overboard? No different than a serial killer for working at Wendy’s?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Double_R
Regarding the work stuff, don’t you think you’re going overboard? No different than a serial killer for working at Wendy’s?

If I am responsible for a lot of deaths, I don't know that it is any different ethically. 

The only difference might be that serial killers don't exhibit guilt for all the death they cause, and I regret the death I cause. 

My problem is ai can't really find a profession available to me immediately that doesn't involve me helping to kill large portions of the population. 

I thought about finding a healthy vegan restaurant to work for, but I need to make decent money to support my family and would have to start at the bottom in one of those places. 

Whether you cause death directly or indirectly, doesn't make a difference ethically?

This is the old river and shoe parable. Say you are walking by a river and see a kid drowning, but you just bought a new pair of shoes. Jumping in the river to save the kid will ruin the shoes..

You didn't cause the kid to drown, but are you a murderer if you just ignore it to save your shoes?

Most people would agree that it is a pretty shitty thing to do. However buying a pair of shoes instead of sacrificing the money it costs for one, to save a sick starving child through donations has the same effects as ignoring the drowning victim, so why would it be ethically superior to allow the starving kid to die, so you have a nice pair of sneakers as opposed to the drowning kid?

You see, either way you are a murdering piece of shit. 

As far as the polling to cheat thing. I really have never heard of a democratic upset. Plus I just applied " cui bono" to the situation to see why it would happen.

Do o remember the scene at the end of Schindler's list, where Schindler was throwing his pieces of jewelry and fancy clothing to the ground in regret of the lives he failed to save in order to live a bit more comfortably. 

Well, schindler was right. He was guilty for every Jewish death he thought he was guilty of, just as we are all guilty for the death we fail to prevent, even if we are detached from it. 

I would never promote a vegan lifestyle, but we could honestly use meat very sparingly and save tons of animals lives. How many have been tortured so that you can live comfortably with a full belly? 

How many children enslaved because you haven't checked the source of your coffee, or clothing?

I think it's okay to judge myself harshly for all the bad things that have happened due to my neglect or active involvement. 

If you have any obese relatives, suffering with the health complications associated with obesity, I'm truly sorry. I hope they learn the value of eating high quality food and can erase the damage I have caused. 
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Wylted
I think it's okay to judge myself harshly for all the bad things that have happened due to my neglect or active involvement. 
How are you a libetarian then?  Libetarians judge others fairly easily whether it be on abortion rights, gun rights, smoking weed, not being vaccinated.  You sound like a statist, as a statist wants the government involved in as many things as possible to minimize suffering.

Relax and enjoy being alive.

Most people would agree that it is a pretty shitty thing to do. However buying a pair of shoes instead of sacrificing the money it costs for one, to save a sick starving child through donations has the same effects as ignoring the drowning victim, so why would it be ethically superior to allow the starving kid to die, so you have a nice pair of sneakers as opposed to the drowning kid?

You see, either way you are a murdering piece of shit. 
Your not a murderer if you refuse to save a drowning person or a starving person.  Otherwise every human that has not adopted an African kid would be in jail for life for murder.  Your just selfish, but I don't see anything wrong with being selfish.  I'm technically selfish.  I would rather have my own $3 than give that $3 to a 3rd world kid to save their life.  This does not make me a murderer, and if you think wanting to keep what you earn makes you a bad person, your free to donate all of your excess income to 3rd world leech people(am I wrong, they are leeches to the world economy).

If you think people should be forced to give all their excess money to save 3rd world lives, your not a libetarian and you should remove that from your profile.  Libetarians want small government and you don't.