Tyler the Creator the new Kanye???

Author: Vader

Total: 8
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Tyler The Creator is a producer and rapper out of California. His latest project was a sort of braggadocios album talking about his success while reflecting on love and such after coming off a heartbreak album? This is a very similar formula Kanye used to achieve massive success when he dropped MBTDF. They both produce and rap which begs the question, is Tyler the new Kanye?
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
Kanye's superior in terms of that while both do gimmicky, lame shit, that's Tyler's everything whereas Kanye has versatility.

Kanye has actual bars at times, proper effort in his delivery too, Tyler is lazy in both lyricism and delivery. I'm never ever impressed with a Tyler song/verse
drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
tyler is a god at rap
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
you can be better than bill gates, but you cannot ever be him.

Vader
Vader
-->
@Intelligence_06
Agreed. They are very similar and that's why I called him the Next Kanye
Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
I'm grading off of production, rhythm, lyricism, and overall enjoyment. IMO Tyler's production is great but not as great as Kanye's. I think Kanye is leagues better than Tyler in all stats, but to say Tyler is not good is not true. I enjoyed a lot of his later works as he matured as an artist and found his true identity by mixing what he learned and what he knew. I think Call Me If You Get Lost is his My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantast, a piece knowing that he's famous and accepting who he is but much more bragedocious and less themed on revival. I though Tyler's album was a 8.7/10 and was one of his best projects yet
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
Show me a song by Tyler that doesn't make me cringe or feel unpleasant.

62 days later

Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
Very late response, but that’s Tyler’s whole brand really. Some people like it, some don’t