Yes. Nothing is perfect.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
@drlebronski
Yes. Nothing is perfect.

Actually, that would be a good question to put forward..

Is anything perfect?
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@zedvictor4
Perfect stuff technically exist in theory, but not in reality. If you have any counter examples, bring ‘em.

The people who say that perfect things exist might as well be atheists who claim god exists.

That being said, even on only evidence, democracy is flawed. Democracy has ensured that Socrates died, as well as making bad presidents such as Johnson and Biden into the office. Democracy has also made wars in the recent ages, as many people support them.

Not even policies are perfect, unless the ones that are made to me perfect, which haven’t been made once and work.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
I have just instigated a philosophical forum on the subject of perfection.
Nyxified
Debates: 21
Nyxified
"In pursuit of perfection we will always come up short, but perhaps we can come a little bit closer in the process." -CGP Grey
I think the United States is a great example. In my opinion, we're seeing a considerable polarization of politics to a great degree, which one only needs to look up the percentage of fascists or the capitol raid to see clearly. What I also believe we're seeing is the inability of people to remain properly informed in the presence of bad actors resulting in people turning to conspiracy theories or pseudoscience science spread through social media and the difficulty for humans to orient themselves towards long-term, difficult to comprehend goals like climate change.

However, the point of democracy is not to make it possible to have the best rule. In certain aspects, China shows quite well that the control awarded to a dictatorship allows them to act swiftly and effectively and to grow the nation. The point of a democracy is to prevent terrible rulers as much as possible, because they have to at least abide by some laws, standards, and demands to stay in power. Democracy is not to make every nation a China, but to avoid every nation becoming a North Korea, so to speak. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

(I also think that China is a terrible place and I don't support the CCP at all, it's just for the sake of example here.)