A HOT DOG IS NOT A SANDWICH

Author: drlebronski

Total: 13
drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
(i put this in society because this matter is very important to the future of american society) A hotdog is clearly not a sandwich if you think otherwise your brain is the size of a literal peanut that is condensed in your thick skull, A sandwich is an item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with meat, cheese, or other filling between them A hot dog consists of ONE piece of bread NOT 2.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@drlebronski
Q.  What is the difference between sliced bread and unsliced bread?

A. The same as the difference between a sliced bread roll and an unsliced bread roll.

The shape of the bread is as relevant or irrelevant as you care to consider.

Though I would suggest, that the conceptual difference between a hotdog and a sausage sandwich is perceivably obvious. But not worth getting hung up about.

Though if the bread roll wasn't sliced where would you put the sausage?
drlebronski
drlebronski
-->
@zedvictor4
after doing more research i have found out that the council of sausages and hotdogs have declared the hot dog a sandwich it seems i have lost
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
I had done an entire debate on it.

It is not whether it “is” a sandwich, because some has called it one, and others denied.

Some people has even called Pizza “sandwiches”.

Essentially, it is whether if most people believe that hot dogs are sandwiches.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@drlebronski
Nonetheless.

A hotdog is still a hotdog and not a sausage sandwich.

It's all about an established idea and the perception and recognition thereof.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
A hot dog is/isn’t a sandwich because we call it a sandwich/not a sandwich. It is up to us.

Reality is subjective. No matter what, we are perceiving the world through our minds and whatever we think about are just projections of our mind. Whether it is a sandwich or not depends on us, and not the sandwich itself. The sandwich itself can’t think and it doesn’t have objective reality within itself that would think “I am/am not a sandwich!”. We could, though, trust markets and food organizations to issue a hot god as a sandwich or not, but the last laugh is still ourselves because we get to decide if we trust them or not.

Obviously there are some chefs who prefer to make a hot dog with a single piece of bread, and there are some who prefer using two, but if we really think about it, we could even call a shoe a sandwich if we want: we don’t normally do that because we trust the society we live in and the society doesn’t call a shoe a sandwich.

Then again, we get to decide if we think society is true. The joker and the serial killers are simply ones that think society is wrong.

Debate settled. Questions? Ask.
drlebronski
drlebronski
This got pretty heated for a hot dog debate
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
In conclusion, it is impossible for us to know what “sandwich” actually means because the definition is technically infinitely versatile.
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
I mean, I have never in my entire life in any culture met someone who refers to a hotdog even indirectly as being part of 'sandwich(es)' so, yeah there's no need to debate this, you're backing the status quo.
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
A hotdog is not a sandwich. But is a burger a sandwich?
drlebronski
drlebronski
-->
@dustryder
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
A hot dog is a piece of meat. Whether on bread or not.  You can cut up a hot dog and put it on two pieces of bread making it a sandwich. In a hot dog bun I would agree it's not. I have never once heard anyone before now even refer to a hot dog as a sandwich. It's a stand alone kinda item. 
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@drlebronski
This is like having a glass half-full of water. One can argue all day that it's half-empty. So what? Stop arguing and drink. Eat the bloody hot dog and stop caring if it's a sandwich, or not. It will rot, otherwise, and be of no use to anybody.