Fullmetal Alchemist Mafia DP3

Author: Vader

Total: 63
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Graveyard

Pie: You are Envy. You have the ability to transform into other people and entities due to your power as a Homunculi. Despite being able to transform into humans, you wish that you can be truly a human. Because of your ability to change into different forms of life, you are a JOAT (1x Role Cop, 1x Ninja, 1x Framer, 1x Lawyer). You win with mafia

Wylted: You are Edward Elric. The main character in the series, you have a metal arm and leg due to performing human resurrection to bring back your dead mother and binding your brother's soul to a robot. You then set out on an adventure to learn the truth about human resurrection so that you can turn yourself back into your full bodies. Because of your desire to search for the truth, you are a Tracker. Each night you may choose to track. You will know who they visit. You win with town.

Polyglot: You are Riza Hawkeye. A soldier for the military, you are Roy Mustang’s accomplice in his mission for revenge. You share information from Roy’s investigation to the other soldiers that are interested, despite being sent to another place. You then share key information about the Ishvalan Civil War to help the Elric brothers. Because you spread key information, you are the Messenger. Each night you may send a message to a player. You win with town

Chris: You are Winry Rockbell. You are the childhood friend and mechanic for the Elric brothers. You are one the best craftswomen in the country. You are extremely caring for both of the brothers and don’t want them to danger themselves. Because of your ability to create things for the Elric brothers, you are the Craftsmen. Each night you may craft one of the 3 items, a Vest (1x Bulletproof), a Gun (1x Vigilante), or a Radar (1x Cop). Once you craft the item, you may choose someone to give the item too in the same NP. If the item is given to mafia, they will not receive it. You win with town

=============
Alive

1. Earth
2. badger
3. Lunatic
4. whiteflame

4 alive, 3 to lynch

DP ends 7/9/21 12PM CST
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Earth
@Lunatic
@whiteflame
@badger
Mafia
badger
Debates: 0
badger
I'm rusty as shit lol. 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Hey guys. I'm a 1X Vig and I shot Pie. Have a half dozen reasons for selecting him as the target, but the obvious ones are the factors I already discussed: his character was a clear outlier and his justification was too on-the-nose as compared with every other one we've seen. I realized as well before I made my decision that his claim included Maria Ross's rank, something that was absent from both my and Lunatic's character claims.

I think it's pretty obvious that badger is his scum partner. He defended Pie adamantly through the last DP on flimsy bases, has claimed a character that seems like a greater outlier than any of those remaining (Hohenheim is key at the end of the series, but he takes a background role throughout much of it, and by the point he claimed, it was a pretty safe bet), and his role does not fit his character. It would mean that we are absent a claimed cop, but given that we now know we had a Tracker and a JOAT with a 1X Cop, I don't see that as problematic.

VTL badger

badger
badger
I'm full cop btw, I got innocent on TUF last night. 
badger
badger
I think I'm pretty much cleared by the mafia role. A 1x cop into lawyer and framer kinda sucks. 
badger
badger
I guess Ninja is how Wylted died? That's what that role does, right?
badger
badger
-->
@whiteflame
This game isn't about knowledge of any particular theme. You should chill out a little bit.
I def shoulda got Pie though lol. He plays a ballsy mafia game, in fairness. 
badger
badger
I'm fairly sure this game is doomed and whiteflame's gonna tunnel me till the end, but either way, I want to know what night actions occurred. I'm curious why Earth wasn't on Wylted. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@badger
I agree that many of these games are not about a particular theme, but I'll point out that my theme analysis was on point in this case. Not saying I can't be wrong to approach games this way (I've been burned before), but I think being dismissive of it ignores what has happened in this game. Not sure what makes you think I'm not chill about this (if I came off as upset, that wasn't my intention), but I do take the game seriously.

And yes, I mentioned that Pie plays these things super ballsy. He's gotten me before by doing that.
badger
badger
-->
@whiteflame
Does Ninja bypass a bodyguard? 
badger
badger
-->
@whiteflame
Not sure what makes you think I'm not chill about this
I didn't much mean you seemed upset, but you should get your vote off me lol. It's a reasonable vote, I'm not denying it, but I'm not mafia. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@badger
I'm fairly sure this game is doomed and whiteflame's gonna tunnel me till the end, but either way, I want to know what night actions occurred. I'm curious why Earth wasn't on Wylted. 
I'm willing to consider reasons to look at someone else. Right now, the only one I have any reservations about beyond you is Lunatic, since he claimed last and, thus, had his pick of safe claims. I'd have a lot more reason to disbelieve him if he made the same mistake as Pie did and included the rank of the character, but there's no "Major" before his character claim. That being said, I'm willing to wait on getting a full claim from him for the time being.

Unvote

As for Earth, remember that his role is Bulletproof, not Bodyguard.
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@badger
mafiascum wiki implies otherwise. 
badger
badger
In fairness, Pie claimed D1 and pushed on the Elric brothers. In one way, that's easy to scumread. In another way, that's really fucking town lol. 
badger
badger
-->
@Earth
It's different on other sites, but yeah since your claim is BP and not BG it's irrelevant. I had hoped honestly that would claim you were ninja'd which would then verify my report on TUF, but guess not. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
Definitely gonna need that full claim when you get on.
badger
badger
-->
@whiteflame
Reading back, Wylted, as tracker, said he trusted my report on you 100%. He had said earlier on that he had forfeited his action, but interesting still, right? 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@badger
Plausible, but hard to say what he meant by that. He was clearly hiding in the Tracker role, and could have used it on you, but it’s also likely that he just anticipated a Cop being in the game and trusted you because you weren’t CC’d. He clearly targeted someone during NP1, and found that there was little reason to tell us the result formally. I’m not ruling it out, but I don’t find that convincing in and of itself.
badger
badger
-->
@whiteflame
Merely pointing it out, it's your game to win or lose now. I think I'd lynch TUF 9 times out of 10 here, just because Earth is Alphonse, but I don't like reading like that either.
badger
badger
There's a lot there that speaks to my actually being cop tbh. 
badger
badger
-->
@whiteflame
I think he is over explaining himself and it seems artificial. Self conscious even. I believe in dp1 post 45, badgers get instincts kicked in and spotted him as scum.

I also see why chris was NKed, it was pretty obvious by page 2, his role was joat. He hinted too strongly

This post by Wylted makes it pretty obvious he saw me visit you. He goes from me and my instincts to also seeing why Chris was visited.
whiteflame
whiteflame
I wouldn't say that either of your selections have been odd, though a point against this is that you claimed to Cop Lunatic innocent, which would be an odd choice if you were trying to make him the target of the lynch. Could be a WIFOM situation, since you were claiming that Bradley is one of the scum and would almost certainly be the Godfather (I agree that he would, though now I'm not sure if it would be Bradley or Father), in which case he would Cop innocent, which is what you're using as your basis for saying we should target him now. It's more convoluted and I have a harder time believing that you went through that trouble instead of just claiming that you copped him guilty, but still possible. There is the factor that they had a JOAT with 1X Lawyer and 1X Framer, which may suggest that we have more than just a 1X Cop as part of a JOAT role, which I'm also considering. As for that quote, no, I don't see that as obvious. I would have frankly been shocked if you chose anyone else to visit after you made quite clear that you saw me as sus in DP1. All this quote tells me is that he was also unsurprised and, as a separate thought, that Chris was an obvious target for the NK. Maybe there's a hidden link between these two, but I don't see it.

Still, I'm chewing over this information. Most of what I have with regards to Lunatic is behavioral, given the lack of a role up to this point and the delayed claim. He was confrontational with Pie in the last DP, but notably didn't VTL him at any point despite airing some suspicions. It's odd that two scum partners in the same chat didn't make the same mistake regarding including the rank of their characters in their names, but I suppose that's not terribly surprising given that the name could have just been grabbed from the list of characters I posted in DP1.

So, yeah, still considering.

badger
badger
-->
@whiteflame
I'd prefer if my report on TUF was a guilty one lol. Him being innocent and mafia would also mean Pie went the first NP without lawyering his partner, even though he claimed miller himself D1. I'm chewing on it too, trust me. Also interesting how Pie put Earth on hammer yesterday, but pinging him. I am not sure how to read that tbh. I'm being lazy here too tbh, and my mafia game obviously ain't what it used to be, but I guess, as to the Wylted read, hindsight is 20/20. That above post by Wylted definitely speaks to him seeing me investigate you. He even throws in a bit about a hint at the end. 
badger
badger
We can wait for TUF. I'll put in a little bit more effort later. 
badger
badger
Also the lawyer part of Pie's role means there's not a godfather in the game surely. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@badger
Yeah, I'd say that it's unlikely, though given the diversity of town roles, I wouldn't be surprised to see a stacked scum pair.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
I'm sure you're pretty busy, but I noticed you've at least peeked in a couple of times. Might not have had time to post, but we can't really move forward until we have your full claim. Would appreciate getting that whenever you get a chance.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Hey sorry I mostly can post sat sun Monday Tuesday.

Also as far as my role goes I don't see it as necessary to claim. I usually am not opposed to role claiming but role claiming at this junction will completely nullify my role. If it is absolute consensus that the game cannot progress unless I claim I will do so. Claiming isn't the end of the world but I could potentially game solve with my role this day phase if events play out a a certain way they tend to play out sometimes in mylo/lylo situations.

As far as who I scum read POE would indicate earth. But I am open minded towards Badger. I know I'm innocent so the cop result looks good for him though so that is my point of conflict. Today is likely LYLO so he could have come in here faking a guilty on me if scum. Maybe he didn't want to take the 1 v 1? The only potential issue with Badger is the fact that we had a JOAT role that also had a 1x cop ability on it but I can't give that one too much credit since Whiteflame apparently has a vig as well as misterchris.

So yeah today we can afford a no lynch if we absolutely cannot decide unless mafia have some double killing role. But Whiteflame seems clear based on pies death having no other logical explanation. 

Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@badger
Does Ninja bypass a bodyguard? 
Ninja should just bypass watcher or tracker reports