-->
@Aryanman
No religion is better.

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Aryanman
Aren't more than 90% of Iranians, Muslim?
In which case, Islam, would be the logical conclusion of suitable religion?
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Aryanman

Islam is not suitable for Iran

Is that is why its full name is  - The Islamic State of Iran?  And why Iran's census claims that 99.5% of the population are Muslim?  Or are you in a minority?  

Are you considered an apostate?

Zoroastrianism

Was  Zoroastrianism the Persian religion before the Muslim invasions and the conquest of Persia?

Do you think that the idea of a dying and rising god  that has been wrapped around the Christian god/Jesus came from Persian Zoroastrianism? 

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Aryanman
And capitalism is not well-suited for America because it originated in Europe and not the Americas. Now what? Let them believe whatever they want. Only we need to police them when they purposely harm other people for no reason.
Aryanman
Aryanman
-->
@Stephen
 Is that is why its full name is  - The Islamic State of Iran?
it became an islamic state when people revolted in 1979
Or are you in a minority?  
yea im in the minority
Was  Zoroastrianism the Persian religion before the Muslim invasions and the conquest of Persia?
yea

Do you think that the idea of a dying and rising god  that has been wrapped around the Christian god/Jesus came from Persian Zoroastrianism? 
i do not know much about that but i think its origins came from Christianity

Aryanman
Aryanman
-->
@Intelligence_06
Let them believe whatever they want.
"yea man, just let these pedophiles (khomeini) hurt innocent people"

Only we need to police them when they purposely harm other people for no reason.
they jail my relatives for not being muslim
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Aryanman
Pretty sure the fault is on the execution, and not the ideology. The same way a gun-holding "pro-life" July-the-fourth grilling healthcare-opposing traditional couple is not representative of Martin Luther or Jesus Christ, even if they say they believe in Christianity.

I mean, Western Germany(which is capitalist) "died" in the 1990s, does that mean capitalism failed as a system? Just because a failed(and flawed) application of an existent ideology exists doesn't mean the entire ideology fails as a whole. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Aryanman

i do not know much about that but i think its origins came from Christianity

Zoroastrianism is much much older than Christianity.

Aryanman
Aryanman
-->
@Stephen
I know, i just dont know much about zoroastrianism. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Aryanman
Islam is an arabic religion and iran is a persian country
something like zoroastrianism or bahaism is better  
thoughts?
If this line of argument is valid (I don't think it is), then it follows that Christianity is not suitable for the UK.  Christianity is a Middle Eastern religion and the UK is a Northern European country.  Something like Druidism is better.

People can and should choose their own religion.  Assigning religious beliefs according to geography or nationality makes little sense.
Yassine
Debates: 3
Yassine
-->
@Aryanman
Islam is an arabic religion and iran is a persian country
- Islam is the universal religion, by the Seal of Prophets, Muhammed (pbuh). Iran is modern country several decades old. Persian spoken today is heavily Arabized, some 40% of its vocabulary is Arabic, its script is Arabic script, its grammar virtually borrowed from Arabic grammar (Nahw). Persians have also intermixed with Arabs a great deal, since the First Persian Empire, which overtook the Babylonian Empire (an Arab dynasty). Iranian tribes alongside Arab tribes of Iraq for thousands of years.

something like zoroastrianism or bahaism is better  
- Bahaism is a fake Islamic sect. You won't believe how many such sects existed in Islamic history, they die out after a century or two. Zoroastrianism is a lost religion, it was ended by Alexander the Great, who destroyed their temples & their sacred texts. As Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) said, they used to have a book but it was burned. The neo-Zoroastrianism is a mixed Hellenistic religion. From the onset of the First Persian Empire to the Fall of the Sassanian Empire, that's 13 centuries. The fact remains, thus, Islamic Persia is the longest & most prosperous age in the history of Persia, where the region became the center of knowledge & sciences & trade of the world for almost 8 centuries.

thoughts?
- Islam is Allah's religion, the greatest religion for all Mankind, to establish Mercy, Justice, Wisdom & Benefit for all. Islam brought enlightenment to the world, human inviolability & dignity to all, & sacred rights for women & children. Zoroastrianism is a religion which honers the noble & denigrate the poor, punishes not on the basis of guilt but on the basis for sacrifice, treats women as property. Bahaism is simple a wishy washy whimsical Islam to appeal to western sensitivities, like the many others that appeared before it. 

it became an islamic state when people revolted in 1979
- False. Rather in 642, after the Islamic conquest of Caliph Omar. It was occupied by Western foreigners for a short period before it went back to the hands of Muslims in 1979. 

yea im in the minority
- Which minority?

they jail my relatives for not being muslim
- No love lost for Iran, but what happened?
Aryanman
Aryanman
-->
@Yassine
- Which minority?
minority of non muslim
 No love lost for Iran, but what happened?
they jailed some of my relatives for being bahai
Safalcon7
Debates: 12
Safalcon7
-->
@Aryanman
Not sure if youre confusing the condemnation of apostasy with exploiting different faiths. If your relatives are jailed for simply being non-muslims , then yes, the Iran govt. has to be held responsible for the unfairness there. On the other hand, in case of apostasy, I'm not sure whether jailing is right ruling and even if it is i highly doubt the Iranis would execute that.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
I've never seen a nation that runs on Islam that is suitable as a model on which to live life and have a nation and society. 

Iran is nasty of course but just one of many. Be careful what you say though, you can be brutally punished for typing these things there.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@oromagi
The Persians never ever chose Islam, they were blackmailed into it. I mean seriously blackmailed at knife-to-throat point.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@oromagi
Stephen
Stephen
@ RM

from your link
"Iran Amir Taheri The Islamic attack on Iranian culture A survey of the effect on the intelligentsia of the Islamic revolution 'Burn the libraries,' ordered Omar, the second Caliph of Islam, as his armies reached Alexandria and Ctesiphon. 'For the truth of all books is in the Holy Quran.' ^ That was a long time ago — in the seventh century — at a time when conquering Islam put all its confidence in its own Book backed by the sword. Omar's command led to the destruction of many a fine library in the territories of the Persian and the Byzantine empires that the Arabs had conquered".

Indeed, Islam/Muhammad put many of its learned men- philosophers, mathematicians, physicians and astronomers to the sword.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@RationalMadman
@oromagi
The Persians never ever chose Islam, they were blackmailed into it. I mean seriously blackmailed at knife-to-throat point.
Never said they did.  Are you suggesting that the Celts were peacefully converted?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@oromagi
I'd support the celts officially and loudly denouncing the Anglican Christianity forced upon them. On the other hand, Islam is worse. It is more brutal, homophobic, violent, sexist etc
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@RationalMadman
@oromagi
I'd support the celts officially and loudly denouncing the Anglican Christianity forced upon them. On the other hand, Islam is worse. It is more brutal, homophobic, violent, sexist etc
Well then its on you to prove that the Persian conversion to Islam after 650 CE was more brutal, homophobic, violent, sexist, than the Celtic conversion to Christianity after 350 CE.  Good luck finding sources much less sources not sympathetic to converters.  I'd make no such assumption except that either experience must have sucked.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@oromagi
Hello Oromagi, what year are we in? :)
oromagi
oromagi
Since Zoroastrianism seldom comes up on this site, I might take this opportunity to note that my username is, in part, a Zarathustran reference.

Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Aryanman
they jailed some of my relatives for being bahai
- Oh! You're Bahai? Why were they jailed? I doubt the government just ups & jails whoever.

Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Stephen
@oromagi
@Intelligence_06

Pretty sure the fault is on the execution, and not the ideology. The same way a gun-holding "pro-life" July-the-fourth grilling healthcare-opposing traditional couple is not representative of Martin Luther or Jesus Christ, even if they say they believe in Christianity.

I mean, Western Germany(which is capitalist) "died" in the 1990s, does that mean capitalism failed as a system? Just because a failed(and flawed) application of an existent ideology exists doesn't mean the entire ideology fails as a whole. 
- You're saying a lot of sensible things, as opposed to these other types. What do you actually believe in?

I've never seen a nation that runs on Islam that is suitable as a model on which to live life and have a nation and society. 
- I don't doubt it, with that much irrationality & anger you hold.

Iran is nasty of course but just one of many. Be careful what you say though, you can be brutally punished for typing these things there.
- The US is ten times worse in just about anything, except in degeneracy of course. The difference is the Iranians know when they are being screwed, but the Americans are unawarely happy being screwed, from sheer indoctrination & desensitization. 

- You're projecting your history into other's history, to appease your sensitivities from the atrocious incessant crimes your civilization committed! You cannot fathom other than coercion & oppression in your mind. 

- What you're saying is sheer nonsense. Some of the closest companions of the Prophet (pbuh) were Persians, such as Salam al-Farisi. Zoroastrians are people of the book, meaning: the have the same inviolability as any Muslim. In truth, the Persians were PREVENTED from converting to Islam for the better part of a century under the Umayyads by imposing double taxation on converts & blocking migration to Muslim cities. It was not until 722 that Omar II abolished that law & finally allowed mass conversion. In fact, Omar II paid debts for all residents of Persia (Muslims & Zoroastrians) by imperial decree. Many of the great scholars who emerged from that period were Persians, such as: Abu Hanifa (699-767), the founder of one of the Four Madhabs & the founder of Islamic Logic (Qiyas); & Sibawayh (760-796), the founder of Arabic Grammar -the greatest grammarian the world has ever seen; & al-Khawarizmi (780-850), the founder of Algebra -one of the greatest mathematicians of History. In fact, some estimates put up to 40% of Muslim scholars from said period were Persian. 

from your link
"Iran Amir Taheri The Islamic attack on Iranian culture A survey of the effect on the intelligentsia of the Islamic revolution 'Burn the libraries,' ordered Omar, the second Caliph of Islam, as his armies reached Alexandria and Ctesiphon. 'For the truth of all books is in the Holy Quran.' ^ That was a long time ago — in the seventh century — at a time when conquering Islam put all its confidence in its own Book backed by the sword. Omar's command led to the destruction of many a fine library in the territories of the Persian and the Byzantine empires that the Arabs had conquered".
- LMAO! Pure fiction. & your source is press?! Wow! I know of this story, it's fiction written four centuries after the fact by a hateful Christian (like the rest of them at the time) Bar Habraeus by injecting Christian atrocities (such as the burning of the Library of Alexandria) into Muslim history -like they still do today. You must read the biography of Omar to know who Omar is, the most Just ruler in History, the true founder of the Islamic Empire & the father of the welfare state. 'Yet the abstinence and humility of Omar were not inferior to the virtues of Abu Bakr [following the example of the Prophet (pbuh)]; his food consisted of barley bread or dates; his drink was water; he preached in a gown that was torn or tattered in twelve places; and a Persian satrap who paid his homage to the conqueror, found him asleep among the beggars on the steps of the mosque of Medina.' [Decline & Fall of the Roman Empire] As a caliph, he lived in mud hut without door & spent his nights checking on his people. He resettled the Jews back to Jerusalem after being banished by the Romans, & granted an endowment of the Church of Holy Sepulchre (the holiest church of Christianity) to Christians in perpetuity. He built canals & prohibited Muslims from purchasing non-Muslim lands, unless they don't cultivate their lands for 3-10 years, which boosted agriculture production across the empire. He allowed free trade between all peoples of the Empire, especially with the non-Orthodox Christians previously banned by the Romans. He reinstated the Coptic patriarch after being exiled by the Romans. He established allowance for all mothers with child until the age of 7, relief for all poor (Muslim & non-Muslim), a slave helper for every handicapped, two garments & shoes for every citizen one in summer & one in winter, cost of emancipation for every slave seeking freedom, a year's living for new widows... he famously said: "If a dog dies hungry on the banks of the River Euphrates, Omar will be responsible for dereliction of duty."

Indeed, Islam/Muhammad put many of its learned men- philosophers, mathematicians, physicians and astronomers to the sword.
- You're conflating Christianity with Islam.

@oromagi
Never said they did.  Are you suggesting that the Celts were peacefully converted?
- Yes, the Persians chose Islam. No coercion even occurred.

- Why do much hate?! Not every other faith & religion must be like Christianity. In fact, Christianity -specifically Western Christianity- is by far the bloodiest & most violent religion in human history, & you share their same attitudes. Your history is the most disgusting & savage history of any civilization, actually worse than the rest of them combined. It's just unfathomable how horrible it is. The best comparison between Islam & Christianity is between the Crusaders & Saladin. They massacred every man, woman & child in their wake, in the most atrocious ways. The blood in Temple Mount reached their knees from so much killing. They even ate the Muslims they killed from sheer savagery. In contrast, Saladin when he reconquered Jerusalem from these villains, he gave them amnesty, built them ships & sent them home with their stuff. Between the French colonialists & Prince Abdelkader. They burned entire villages to the ground with their people. they gather villagers in caves & burn them inside with their women & babies. They'd kill the men, lineup their women naked & mass rape them. Prince Abdelkader, in contrast, would punish his own soldiers for even scratching a French captive. This is the difference between Islam & what you have.

@oromagi
Well then its on you to prove that the Persian conversion to Islam after 650 CE was more brutal, homophobic, violent, sexist, than the Celtic conversion to Christianity after 350 CE.  Good luck finding sources much less sources not sympathetic to converters.  I'd make no such assumption except that either experience must have sucked.
- No such thing exists, for it didn't exist. I agree it sucked for Celts, but it certainly didn't suck for Persians. Zoroastrians are people of the book, thus have divinely decreed protection.