Heaven, hell.... If you live like trash the world will be trash.

Author: Intelligence_06

Total: 20
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Basically the title.

I believe there is a heaven, or a hell, depending to how you look at it.

The world is a heaven or a hell, or a limbo even. No matter where God(if applicable) sent you, you will always feel the same.

To those grateful for everything for a strong belief(for example, in a Godly figure in any religion), placing them in the world will feel like a heaven to them.

To those complaining everything and blame their neighbors for their faults, they will blame and be angry elsewhere too unless they change. The world feels like hell to them.

And to those who has nothing to do but to waste time with useless things, the world will feel useless, gray, and uneventful, kind of like Limbo.

The world is a heaven to the people who treat it like one. The world is a hell to the people who treat it like one. The world is a limbo to the people who treat it as one.

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
To put it one way, a man's heaven is another's hell. What matters is how you look at the world, or otherwise known as, faith.

The bible has contradictories: Maybe we aren't supposed to focus on the little details written millennia ago: they were written by fallible men.

Nevertheless, the Bible is a moral textbook. From the barebones of it it teaches you how to treat the world like a heaven and make it one for others. You shall not steal, you shall not envy, you shall not murder, you shall not disrespect other people, etc.... These are essentially advices, by the standards of 2000 years ago or even older, how to make the world a heaven for both you and others. Some of them stay though some of them fail as society progresses... However, a sense of order amidst man's free nature is something many would need to treat the world like a heaven and not pollute it to be others' hell. 
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
To be fair, the people in the old ages who claimed they have seen god has heaven, hell, etc. drawn in a form of a strange society.

Society.

Heaven is when you put good people and good people together. Bad people among them will become good. They will make it work and that is why it is seen as clean.

Hell is when you put bad people and bad people together. Good people among them will become evil. They will mess it up and that is why it is so out-of-control. Satan is just the moderator of Hell. The bad people contribute to most of why it is bad.

In the end, you do not want to ruin a group of good people by consistently being bad. That is a good person to be moral, polite, etc. if you care for others.

And if you are selfish but everyone else has you as a "good people", then *clap clap* *clap clap*. I mean, that is what Tesla did. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
As far as we are able to know, "trash" is an assumption based upon an alternative point of view.
Fruit_Inspector
Debates: 20
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@Intelligence_06
What happens if being good requires sacrifice (giving what little I have to someone in need), but being evil is expedient (cheating on your taxes). What is the incentive to work hard and earn my own money if the government is going to give me welfare to relax at home? Why be honest when it could get me in trouble if I can lie to avoid it?

If I am only to live a short life in a meaningless universe just to die and be forgotten, what's the point of trying to make "heaven" at great cost to myself?

19 days later

sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
I don't know about this. I work hard, pay my taxes, play by the rules, help people who deserve it, yet am surrounded by woke fucking entitlement minded idiots everywhere from which there is no escape.

10 days later

drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
-->
@sadolite
awwwwww boohoo i feel so bad for u.
sadolite
sadolite
drlebronski  How lame, you blocked me. Anyhow there is a silver lining though, No competition in the work place and the satisfaction of seeing them perpetually angst and poor.

7 days later

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Not sure where the if you believe in a god your happy stuff ever came from. 
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Intelligence_06
The world is a heaven to the people who treat it like one. 
Children with pediatric cancer might think differently.
FLRW
FLRW
Religious people are weak.  Well, not weak, but vulnerable. Religious people are more vulnerable to self-deception. The reason is I think, most religious people don't use rational thinking. I think they willfully ignore rational thinking, because it is a threat to their beliefs. Religion offers them hope in the continuation of life after death. That's powerful. We're all afraid of death to some degree. That fear is natural. It stems from our natural fear of the dark. Our ancestors had to be afraid of the dark, because in the darkness there were predators waiting to eat them. We've carried that fear, among others I'm sure, with us throughout our evolution. Death is the ultimate darkness. It's the opposite of life. The first instinct of any living creature is survival. We know there is nothing we can do to survive physical death, but we can create things in our minds to deal with our mortality. We can escape death by believing in an afterlife. That's where religion grabs people. It promises survival. Seeing that survival is the first and most important instinct, it's no wonder we turned to religion to save us.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Say what you normally say religious people are mentally ill and those of us that aren't religious need to take care of them like little baby ducklings.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Yes
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
In a thousand years no one will believe in God except a few people in mental wards. There will still be spiritualism, which is really just the effect of 86 billion neurons.  'The word God is for me nothing but the expression and product of human weaknesses,' -Albert Einstein
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@FLRW
Quoting atheist bigots to make a point is like someone quitting the Bible to make a point.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I pray (to the gamers that created this simulation (who but a gamer would create atoms?)) that you find Humanism.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Intelligence_06
The New Testament quotes Jesus as saying that "it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God".
Pastor Kenneth Copeland is worth $760 million. I guess he treats the world like Heaven.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@FLRW
I pray when you die you get exactly what you wished for but that won't happen. 
949havoc
Debates: 7
949havoc
I believe in heaven, hell, and pandora with its floating mountains and flying raptors.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@FLRW
@Intelligence_06
We know there is nothing we can do to survive physical death, but we can create things in our minds to deal with our mortality. .... it's no wonder we turned to religion to save us.
Aka as all men-women in foxholes pray to God / Universe.

Early humans followed the source of life --fresh water--- to its source high in the Himalayan mountains, ergo, they believe life is in the heavens { higher and higher altitudes } ergo God is in the heavens.

Ancient temples with moats { fresh water } were local land dwelling religous eprensetations of former sea-peoples even more acnient ways of mountain { where God lives on top } on an island with sea { water } around it. Angor Wat being the most famous but here are ten others around the world.

God is island onto themselves, and that  translated to Pharoah Kings  etc royalty on Earth anywhere someone had enough power to create their island onto themselves.

Also the Babyloinian Ziggurats.  https://surfiran.com/iran-ziggurats/