Ancient Roman Battles Mafia DP3

Author: ILikePie5

Read-only
Total: 64
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Lynched DP1:

Badger Battle of Carrhae - Marcus Licinius Crassus was the richest man in Rome and a triumvir along with Gaius Julius Caesar and Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus. However, he had never seen glory in the military, with one of his biggest accomplishments overthrown by Pompey because the latter took credit. As such he decided to take non-Senate approved legions to take the riches of Parthia who had long been a thorn in the side of Romans. When they say money doesn’t buy everything, it definitely was true for Crassus. Rather than going through Armenia, a friend of Rome, Crassus decided to go through the deserts of Mesopotamia. He reached flat ground where the Parthian horse archers had superiority against the legionnaires who had the burden of their armor and weapons. As such, the Parthian peppered the Romans with arrows all day. When the Romans formed a testudo, Parthian cataphracts would crash into the Romans causing even more losses. The Roman army simply could not move with horse archers surrounding the square box Crassus had formed. Crassus and his son were killed, and Caesar was assassinated days before leaving for Parthia to avenge Crassus. You are the 2x Roleblocker. Each night you may select a player. You will learn who, if anyone, visited your target. You win with the Mafia.

Died NP1:

None

—————————————

Lynched DP2:

SupaDudz - Battle of Cannae - Arguably Hannibal Barca’s achievement with the crossing of the Alps as a close second, you are one of the most famous battles in history. Hannibal's superior tactics, namely his positioning of cavalry and infantry and Rome’s vices such as elitism and poor generalship led to the destruction of Roman forces leaving the doors to Rome wide open for the Carthaginians. First, the Roman Noble Cavalry did not enjoy the company of the Auxiliary Cavalry, thinking them inferior, leading to non-equal numbers on the wings. Hannibal positioned his strongest and highly numbered cavalry against the Nobles who quickly broke and ran. Meanwhile the heavy Iberian infantry under Hannibal collapsed in a semicircle around the advancing Romans who thought they were winning, thus sealing the deal. Because of Hannibal using his advantages for tactical superiority and not facing defeat from a superior numbered Roman force, you are the 2x Strengthener. Each night you may select a player. That player's actions that night will also be immune to interference (i.e. they cannot be blocked, redirected or protected against, etc). You win with the Town.

Died NP2:

Lunatic - Battle of Watling Street - Boudicca, Boudicca, Boudicca. Queen of the Iceni, she led the revolt against the Roman occupation of Brittania burning Camulodunum and Londinium to the ground. The governor of the area, Gaius Suetonius Paulinus was not in the eastern part of Brittania where the revolt had occurred, campaigning in the west instead. Upon hearing news, he rushed over to face the incoming threat. With 10,000 toppers, he faced around 100,000 Britons with their chariots and warriors led by Boudicca herself on a chariot. He could’ve had another legion, but the commander he had left in the south did not send any reinforcements, likely hoping to take advantage of Paulinus' death. Nevertheless, Paulinus chose his position well, protecting both sides from the flank, with a jungle to his back. He energized his troops calling the enemy uncivilized and prone to the might of Rome. In the end, the Romans easily won, with the legions suffering only around 1,000 casualties, while the Britons lost 100,000. This battle proved that when the Romans could select their battlefield, they were unstoppable.  You are the 1x Commuter. One night you may decide to commute. This will make you immune from any and all actions for that night. You win with the Town.

—————————————

Remaining Players:

1. Drlebronski
2. Whiteflame 
3. Wylted
4. Oromagi
5. Greyparrot
6. Earth
7. MisterChris
8. Polygot

With 8 players left, it takes 5 to lynch. The DP will end in 48 hours on Saturday July 24th, 2021 at 10:00 AM CST.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Wylted
@whiteflame
@oromagi
@drlebronski
Let’s go
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
@Greyparrot
@MisterChris
@Polyglot
DP3
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5
If it's not too late-- rename this forum to DP3
oromagi
oromagi
so.....

I DOCTOR'd Lunatic last night and he died anyway.  I breadcrumbed my action in my last post.
oromagi
oromagi
I DOCTOR'd myself DP1 and assumed that is why NK failed but now scum seems to have got past that.
Polyglot
Debates: 0
Polyglot
I motion detected Whiteflame last night and there was no movement there. 

oromagi
oromagi
So, DP2  POST 219 is a continuation of DP1 POST#15

POST#15
who is overexciting with a capital E?  which was my vercingetorix claim but also my ROLE claim- who, as in Dr. Who

POST #219  I reinforced that ROLE claim and pointed to protected TUF NP2

[DR]no is overexciting
lunatic is overexciting
[DR]strange that is overexciting with an e

Since Lunatic died anyway, I am outing my role because I am a TOWN who was visiting the NK last night

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I watched lunatic. I did not see oro visit him, but I saw whiteflame visit him. 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Onto DP3! 

Not terribly surprised that scum targeted Lunatic (and apparently, neither was Oro), given that he has headed up the last two lynches and has consistently been a substantial force in pushing discussion. Pretty likely that he used his 1X Commuter during NP1, hence the lack of an NK during that DP, though I do have to wonder how they knew that their second attempt would go through. Would be a strange choice to target him twice if they didn't have good reason to believe that it would work. It's also possible that they targeted Oro instead, failed to kill him, and shifted over to Lunatic. Either way, looks like they used their Strongman this time to make sure it went through, though possibly Oro was RB'd or he's just lying about his role.

As for lynching Supa, that still seemed like the right choice in retrospect. He was behaviorally scummy and claimed a role that he was both reticent to use and likely would have little effect now that Badger's 2X RB is out of the game.

As for the remaining players, the only person that is basically town confirmed is GP. I'm still not 100% that his role confirmation puts him in the town camp (we've been burned by this before when he was the scum Mason), but he has the most solid claim to town that I've seen so far. I'd still put MisterChris in the strong town lean category as well, given that he was early on the lynch train for Badger, though I'm not ruling out very convincing bussing from him.

I have a harder time understanding why Polyglot is being so solidly town confirmed, though I give him a town lean. The Motion Detector role is a pretty safe claim since he could target anyone he wanted and, if they said they didn't move, we would all just assume they'd been visited with no way to confirm it. I will say that MC isn't the most obvious choice in that regard, since we did not know he even had a PR, but he's not an obvious choice from a town perspective either, given that MC had solid town cred by the end of DP1. He also tracked me during NP2, which also seems like an odd choice, though he is right that I didn't move. The fact that he has a role that has confirmation of movement from both of us is a solid point in his favor, but I still only see it as a slight town lean on the whole.

Oromagi is tricky, but I also see him as a slight town lean. I agree with Luna's analysis of his voting tendencies lending a bit to bandwagoning to give himself some town cred on the Badger lynch, but his behaviors with regards to getting deeper into the theme analysis and expansive analysis of behaviors more closely match my experiences with him as town in previous games than they do with him as scum. The fact that he's claiming Doctor gives him some credence in my book as well, given the general lack of claimed protective roles.

That leaves Wylted, drlebronski and Earth. I wouldn't be too surprised if there was only one of the remaining scum (or the TP, as the case may be) among these three, but I do think one is in here. Much as many of you have been willing to dismiss drlebronski as too newbie to be playing this as scum, I'm still not so sure, though he's also the one in here that I'm most split on (he probably is new to this and I have a harder time believing that he's faking it this well), so I'll set him aside. Earth has been playing pretty similarly to how I've seen him play before, but that leaves him largely as unclear to me. He just hasn't contributed much to discussions of what to do beyond supporting given lynches for reasons already given (or for no reason at all, as the case may be), and has jumped around quite a bit, particularly in DP1. Don't know if I see it as particularly scummy or obvious bussing, but he hasn't given me much reason to read him as anything but tentative.

That leaves me with Wylted, and while he was on the hammer for DP1, I still have a lot of misgivings about him. Behaviorally, he just isn't acting like I've seen him before in games where he's been town. Hopping off the Badger lynch, in particular, was a very odd move for him. It's possible that Badger could have been lynched without him during DP1, and even if he wasn't, another lynch train would have formed on him during the next DP. He may have just seen the writing on the wall and saw an opportunity to gain some town cred by hammering. I know some have made mention of him likely being more involved if he was scum, but Wylted legitimately just seems busy and frustrated with life at the moment, which may be affecting the way he plays as well. If anyone stands out as behaviorally sus to me at the moment, it's him.

VTL Wylted
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Wylted (1/5) - Whiteflame
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
VTL EARTH
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Wylted (1/5) - Whiteflame
Earth (1/5) - Grey

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Wylted
Alright, this firms up my decision.

First off, Poly used his Motion Detector on me. He said I did not move. Either Poly is lying (and is somehow consistent with what MC did, but not what I did), or Wylted is lying.

Second, it generally seems strange to have a Watcher and a Motion Detector in the same game. I have a much easier time buying that Poly is the Motion Detector than I do that Wylted is the Watcher. If he's a 1X Watcher, I don't know why he chose not to use it until this DP. If he can use it multiple times, why hasn't he stated who he watched during NP1?

Third, Oro says he visited Luna as well. That ups the ante even further, since both Oro and Poly would have to be lying for Wylted to have correctly identified this.

Fourth, it's just an odd role claim in general, especially paired with the Battle of Mt Vesuvius. It's not clear at all how his Watcher claim actually links to the battle, and while other claims may have tenuous links as well (mine included), I can usually at least see some connection. It doesn't seem like anything in the battle relates to monitoring the other army, which is the bare minimum I would expect to see in a choice like this. I'd like to see him try to provide a justification, but my guess is he either got the battle or the role as a fake claim (my guess is the battle), and will provide a tenuous or non-existent link between the two because he doesn't have one.
Polyglot
Polyglot
-->
@Wylted
Wow. Explain yourself.  

VTL Wylted

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Polyglot
how would you not see whiteflame move?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@whiteflame
do you have an explanation for why you would be seen visiting lunatic?
Wylted
Wylted
poly probably got redirected. 

VtL whiteflame
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Wylted
I don't. Because I didn't visit him or anyone. It's pure bullshit.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@drlebronski
do or die time. Whiteflame was saw visiting the NK target
Polyglot
Polyglot
-->
@Wylted
that seems really unlikely. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@whiteflame
@Polyglot

why would you motion detect whiteflame when he was in your town pile?

Explain your decision. This is not adding up
Polyglot
Polyglot
-->
@Wylted
If you are a watcher, why did you choose to watch Lunatic?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Polyglot
Oro said he was protecting tuf and his action failed and he was not seen visiting him. I would not be surprised if you or him were blocked or both were redirected somehow. Oro was definitely visiting lunatic. 

Why would I claim watcher at this point in the game with no pressure, if not to out scum?

Think about it
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Polyglot
lunatic was driving the town. Lynching well and being a force. He was the obvious NK target. Are you on the same team as whiteflame and covering for him?
Wylted
Wylted
maybe 3 scum team. Poly whiteflame and badger. 
Wylted
Wylted
Poly whiteflame obvious scum team. I am not stupid enough to put myself in this position if it was a fake claim. Not this early 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Wylted (2/5) - Whiteflame, Poly
Earth (1/5) - Grey
Whiteflame (1/5) - Wylted

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Earth
@Greyparrot
@oromagi
@MisterChris
@Polyglot

So, let's get this straight. For Wylted's claim to work, the following would have to be true:

1. I would have to be lying.
2. Poly would have to have been redirected or otherwise messed with.
3. Oro would have to be lying.

All three of those would have to be true. You would have to buy that both Oro and me are scum (Wylted even somehow claims that it's me and Poly, despite the fact that he actively says that Oro is also lying) and that Poly, who has a role that only allows him to see whether someone moved or was visited by someone else, was the target of a redirect to further confuse the situation. With a half dozen other targets, all of whom could have far more valuable and dangerous PRs (excluding GP who already used his), scum went out of their way to redirect Poly.

This is pure, unadulterated bullshit. Lynch him.
oromagi
oromagi
Greyparrot has me blocked so somebody might want to tag him with this

GP- 

What has you so convinced about Earth?
Why no magistrate DP3?