why are social workers so terrible at their jobs?

Author: Wylted

Total: 13
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
When I say social workers, I am referring to child protective services like government organizations.  

Wby is it that so many kids are abused, social workers are aware of the abuse and the kids later end up dead by their abuser?

Why is it that so many times, kids who have loving parents, are taken from their homes and put in abusive foster home environments?

It's almost as if dcf is trying to ensure more kids are abused, by keeping abused kids with their parents and taking non abused kids away and putting them in abusive foster homes.

I think we should return to orphanages, which can have a ton of eyes on them ensuring they are safe environments.  I stayed in a modern day orphanage and a foster home and the orphanage was significantly less abusive than the foster home.
Wylted
Wylted
If anyone is curious about who is not dog shit at protecting kids and who is dog's hit, look at the list below

Foster care ===== shit
Social workers ===== shit
Guardian ad litems ===== shit

--------------

Child advocacy organizations such as boys town ======== not shit and also incredibly good at their jobs
Wylted
Wylted
I've explained the others, so let me explain guardian ad litems here.

Mine was shit. She claimed to be trying to help me and my sibling in a ton of ways, but failed at everything. 

When she failed to get me out of an abusive foster home, but Boys town was successful at it. She quit .

I ran into her years later. I managed to keep my hate of her in check. She decided to devote her life to being a 911 operator because she felt useless as a guardian ad litem, because of my situation and my siblings. 

I looked at her in disgust, because certainly incompetence at being a guardian ad litem, proved she couldn't cut it at helping people, and as a 911 operator, lives were literally in her hands. She apologized for my childhood and walked away, and I have never seen her again.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Wylted
Seems like you are a victim of this issue.

You can speak out by creating an organization dedicated to reduce those issue for the most part. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Intelligence_06
I want to know why the disparity. If you saw the justice system have way too many free guilty people and an excessive amount of imprisoned innocent people, than you would begin to wonder, if it is set up just to hurt law abiding citizens
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Wylted
It is nearly impossible for a system set up to hurt normal citizens. If anything, it is designed to not hurt people who have bribed them.

28 days later

sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
Why are social workers so terrible at their jobs? Govt does not require results to keep your govt  job. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@sadolite
or they measure results in stupid ways. Like a hospital that judges doctors based on how happy the patients are, as opposed to their level of health 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Wylted
Sadly these days the answer is to sit in an office and poke a computer.

Actually getting up and doing something is not so popular anymore.
Nyxified
Debates: 21
Nyxified
-->
@Wylted
I feel like you're talking from experience rather than consensus among those who lived in foster homes. I do apologize that you had to endure an abusive situation, though.

Nonetheless, the fact the focus is on 'keeping families together' and not 'ensuring children are happy, healthy, and well looked-after' is abhorrent. The reason is obvious, however: any politician that DARES to insinuate that a parent has no right to a child that they are not properly taking care of would absolutely bomb the next election, because the current culture encourages parents to view children as property and to take offence at any notion that they might be not the greatest of parent. In this vein, CPS fails.

When it comes to social workers, my experience was very positive. I was able to get a social worker who listened to me and helped me through some of my problems. For what they couldn't do, they connected me to organizations that provided free counselling that could fill those gaps. I'm very grateful for social services for that reason.
Wylted
Wylted
I feel like you're talking from experience rather than consensus among those who lived in foster homes. I do apologize that you had to endure an abusive situation, though.
It's not that uncommon, I can tell you from many discussions with other foster youth.

the fact the focus is on 'keeping families together' and not 'ensuring children are happy, healthy, and well looked-after' is abhorrent

The second criteria would result in draconian measures so the government can mandate what is healthy, happy and well looked over

Keeping families together is a priority because foster parents often would rather rip you from your original family, than to give you back to a mentally ill mother who is normally fine, but could not afford her medication for a few months, and other such issues. Kids love their parents, and they need reassurance that the system is working to rehabilitate their parents and not to rip them away. It seems that you would like to remove that reassurance and have the state raise the family. 

The reason is obvious, however: any politician that DARES to insinuate that a parent has no right to a child that they are not properly taking care of would absolutely bomb the next election
Politicians usually ignore the arena of child welfare altogether.  The issue isn't that they take the wrong stance, but that they take absolutely no stance. 

When it comes to social workers, my experience was very positive. I was able to get a social worker who listened to me and helped me through some of my problems. For what they couldn't do, they connected me to organizations that provided free counselling that could fill those gaps. I'm very grateful for social services for that reason.

Let me guess. Your parents opposed you cutting off your dick, so social services gave you a list of therapists who instead of challenging your delusions, embraced them and thought it was a good ideal for you to remove your dick because you internally and subconsciously hate yourself
Nyxified
Debates: 21
Nyxified
-->
@Wylted
No, in fact my parents have yet to voice their opposition (if it exists), but nice try.

Keep walking in the face of scientific evidence should you so please.
Wylted
Wylted
You blocked me, so I can't respond to you, but if we could keep the chopping of penises off to just adults, it might be something I can get behind, but you guys try to get parents to push this shit on their children, and now we have mothers actually dressing up boys in dresses, because they always wanted a girl and causing them all kinds of psychological distress. That girl jazz was pressured by her mom to cut off her dick. The look on jazzes face after his dick was removed and he realized it was no longer a game, was one of pure horror. That boy's mom should be in prison.