Ancient Roman Battles Mafia DP4

Author: ILikePie5

Total: 39
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Lynched DP1:

Badger Battle of Carrhae - Marcus Licinius Crassus was the richest man in Rome and a triumvir along with Gaius Julius Caesar and Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus. However, he had never seen glory in the military, with one of his biggest accomplishments overthrown by Pompey because the latter took credit. As such he decided to take non-Senate approved legions to take the riches of Parthia who had long been a thorn in the side of Romans. When they say money doesn’t buy everything, it definitely was true for Crassus. Rather than going through Armenia, a friend of Rome, Crassus decided to go through the deserts of Mesopotamia. He reached flat ground where the Parthian horse archers had superiority against the legionnaires who had the burden of their armor and weapons. As such, the Parthian peppered the Romans with arrows all day. When the Romans formed a testudo, Parthian cataphracts would crash into the Romans causing even more losses. The Roman army simply could not move with horse archers surrounding the square box Crassus had formed. Crassus and his son were killed, and Caesar was assassinated days before leaving for Parthia to avenge Crassus. You are the 2x Roleblocker. Each night you may select a player. You will learn who, if anyone, visited your target. You win with the Mafia.

Died NP1:

None

—————————————

Lynched DP2:

SupaDudz - Battle of Cannae - Arguably Hannibal Barca’s achievement with the crossing of the Alps as a close second, you are one of the most famous battles in history. Hannibal's superior tactics, namely his positioning of cavalry and infantry and Rome’s vices such as elitism and poor generalship led to the destruction of Roman forces leaving the doors to Rome wide open for the Carthaginians. First, the Roman Noble Cavalry did not enjoy the company of the Auxiliary Cavalry, thinking them inferior, leading to non-equal numbers on the wings. Hannibal positioned his strongest and highly numbered cavalry against the Nobles who quickly broke and ran. Meanwhile the heavy Iberian infantry under Hannibal collapsed in a semicircle around the advancing Romans who thought they were winning, thus sealing the deal. Because of Hannibal using his advantages for tactical superiority and not facing defeat from a superior numbered Roman force, you are the 2x Strengthener. Each night you may select a player. That player's actions that night will also be immune to interference (i.e. they cannot be blocked, redirected or protected against, etc). You win with the Town.

Died NP2:

Lunatic - Battle of Watling Street - Boudicca, Boudicca, Boudicca. Queen of the Iceni, she led the revolt against the Roman occupation of Brittania burning Camulodunum and Londinium to the ground. The governor of the area, Gaius Suetonius Paulinus was not in the eastern part of Brittania where the revolt had occurred, campaigning in the west instead. Upon hearing news, he rushed over to face the incoming threat. With 10,000 toppers, he faced around 100,000 Britons with their chariots and warriors led by Boudicca herself on a chariot. He could’ve had another legion, but the commander he had left in the south did not send any reinforcements, likely hoping to take advantage of Paulinus' death. Nevertheless, Paulinus chose his position well, protecting both sides from the flank, with a jungle to his back. He energized his troops calling the enemy uncivilized and prone to the might of Rome. In the end, the Romans easily won, with the legions suffering only around 1,000 casualties, while the Britons lost 100,000. This battle proved that when the Romans could select their battlefield, they were unstoppable.  You are the 1x Commuter. One night you may decide to commute. This will make you immune from any and all actions for that night. You win with the Town.

—————————————

Lynched DP3:

Wylted - Battle of Teutoburg Forest - You are one of the worst Roman military defeats and show the easiest way to defeat the normally unstoppable Roman legions. Arminius, a Germanic tribesman originally but educated by Romans, knowing Roman tactics, purposefully led the Romans into a trap. Governor and commander of the XVII, XVIII, and XIX legions, Publius Quinctilius Varus mistrusted Arminius and didn’t conduct any recon within the area. Within the Teutoburg Forest the legions had to walk 1-2 men side by side negating their formation because of the thick woods. Furthermore, because of the rain that fell that day, the Roman equipment became extremely heavy unlike the Germans who wore little to no armor while ambushing the Romans. The Roman line was so long that the vanguard and the front could not be heard or seen, allowing the Germans to cut apart the Romans piece by piece. With this defeat, the expansion under Emperor Augustus finally ended, leading to the Rhine as a de facto border. You are the 2x Redirector. Each night you may select a player and redirect their action(s) onto another player of your choice. You win with the Mafia.

Died NP3:

Oromagi - Battle of Alesia - One of Gaius Julius Caesar’s greatest victories, you were the last major conflict of Caesar’s Gallic Wars. After Vercingetorix’s scorched earth tactics, he was forced to occupy Alesia at the request of his commanders. Caesar in hot pursuit laid siege to Alesia building a massive wall around the outskirts of the city to protect his troops in case the Gauls sallied out. But Vercingetorix proved to be a formidable adversary, with the Gauls assembling a force multiple times the size of Caesar’s to break the siege. In response, Caesar built another wall locking his troops in the middle. One to keep the outsiders out and the other to keep the insiders in. Furthermore, when the Gauls in Alesia ran out of food, they sent their women and children out for Caesar to feed. As the leader, he chose to save the food for his own legionaries rather than his enemy, protecting them from hunger. These tactics proved fateful in finally ending the Gallic resistance leading to the Roman Civil War. You are the Doctor. Each night you may select a player or yourself. That player will be protected from one kill that night. You win with the Town.

—————————————

Remaining Players:

1. Drlebronski
2. Whiteflame 
3. Greyparrot
4. Earth
5. MisterChris
6. Polygot

With 6 players left, it takes 4 to lynch. The DP will end in 48 hours on Saturday July 24th, 2021 at 8:00 AM CST.

Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
Okay so justifications aren't very good.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
@whiteflame
@drlebronski
Mafia
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
@MisterChris
@Polyglot
Mafia time
Earth
Earth
-->
@ILikePie5
Shouldn't the DP end Saturday 8PM?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
VTL EARTH
drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
greetings

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Earth
@drlebronski
Alright, we have every opportunity to win this, guys. There’s one scum left and only two people it could realistically be. Let’s break it down.

We do know that they still have a Strongman, as they were able to kill Luna through Oro’s Doctor. I wouldn’t be surprised if the remaining scum is a JOAT, 

Last night, I JK’d MisterChris. To my surprise, he was not the target of the NK, so we lost out on a Cop read. Still, this also town confirms him, since he could not have performed the NK.

We have already virtually town confirmed GP and Poly, the former based on his confirmed Magistrate, and the latter based on the obvious contradiction of his Motion Detector read.

That just leaves drlebronski and Earth. I have stronger reason to believe it’s Earth, but neither of them have claimed their roles. Both of you need to claim your roles. Include your justifications and what you’ve done with your roles so far, including any targets you’ve picked and the results you’ve gotten.
drlebronski
drlebronski
-->
@whiteflame
i have a very usefull role but havent been able to use but i will still roll claim--- i am 1x dreamer every night i get to see 3 ppl 1 of which is scum
drlebronski
drlebronski
vtl earth
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@drlebronski
...You've been a Dreamer this whole time? Did you use it? When? Who came up on your list of three?
whiteflame
whiteflame
Wait, you said you haven't been able to use it? What does that mean?
Earth
Earth
I am the bodyguard
drlebronski
drlebronski
-->
@whiteflame
I was supposed to get the list but ilikepie hasnt pm'ed me it.
drlebronski
drlebronski
shit nvm i know why its cuz i have a new discord forgot to tell pie
drlebronski
drlebronski
-->
@ILikePie5
forgot to tell u bout my new discord lost email to the other 1 dm the last 2 lists i havent gotten to see them
drlebronski
drlebronski
GlorpheusVII#6712
drlebronski
drlebronski
this gonna seem really sus
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@drlebronski
nah its earth 100%
Earth
Earth
That is kinda sus ngl
whiteflame
whiteflame
...Alright...

So we have two claims that both have their own problems, but I think it's pretty clear that Earth is the most sus here. The fact that this Dreamer stuff is happening at all actually makes drlebronski seem less sus to me, as I can't fathom why he and his scum partners wouldn't have shored up this claim before now. The Dreamer role is usually used early, which could have been a big help in narrowing down to Wylted or figuring out who the last scum is (might still be useful in that regard), but if he was scum and using this as a fake claim, I have no doubt he would have given us results that would have suggested it was someone else. The fact that he doesn't have any almost certainly makes him town.

That leaves Earth. I'll note that, despite claiming Bodyguard, he hasn't stated who he targeted during any of the previous NPs. He hasn't given any justification for his role, either. Neither has drlebronski, but at least he's new to this. The fact that Earth is apparently withholding this information is a lot more sus coming from him. So, I'll put this directly to him: 

Give the justification for your role, your previous targets for the bodyguard role, and why you chose them.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Earth
The above is directed to you. Note the bolded words.
whiteflame
whiteflame
...And, of course, he's entirely absent dropping his role and claiming that something (it's unclear what from this post) is sus. I'm guessing this is in relation to drlebronski's claim, but I'd honestly love to hear Earth explain why scum that is currently in contact with two partners in chat would decide that their best course of action with a fake Dreamer claim is to pretend that they didn't get a message and, thus, have no results. I don't know what scum stands to benefit from presenting that scenario convincingly. Seriously, if this is drlebronski playing an incredibly effective con to look and act like a total noob at this, then he deserves to win at this point because his performance is impeccable. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
Yes 8 PM my bad
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
VOTE COUNT:

Earth (2/4) - Grey, Bron
drlebronski
drlebronski
-->
@whiteflame
i was visited so i dont have a list and if it isnt earth i will likely be visited again
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
VTL Earth.

Simple POE leads to SCUM being between Earth and Drlebronski. While both are viable scum candidates, Wylted advocated a lynch of Drlebronski late DP1 and early DP2... Earth is clearly more likely here. Drlebronski's dreamer claim makes me wonder, but if Earth isn't SCUM we can lynch him afterward anyways...

5v1 now...
Mislynch = 3v1

So we have one more DP after this one even if we get it wrong.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
VOTE COUNT:

Earth (3/4) - Grey, Bron, Chris

MisterChris
MisterChris
Also going to point out how incredibly sus it is Earth came out of the void as soon as the 2nd scum was lynched and is now posting before the game mod can even ping users to join the DP. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@drlebronski
Have you been sent your results?