The "low IQ" of black people is due to environmental conditions rather than gentics.

Author: drlebronski

Total: 19
drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
Disclamer: i do not think that black people any more or less intelligent than any other race or ethnicity Intelligence is multifaceted and IQ is ineffecent at measuring intelligence. the creator of the iq

This post is intended to be an informal debate as i prefer a less organized debate.

Whoever objects this i would be happy to argue you can go first

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
I would argue both, but what really caused it really could be environmental conditions, that changed how they respond to certain stuff and those experience may fit less with the present society built by White people for the most part of history.

You can't call them "less smart" by IQ score because that is still one metric of intelligence. I bet many of them can hunt better than you given the same time of training.
Nyxified
Debates: 21
Nyxified
-->
@drlebronski
I agree that black people, if they have statistically lower IQs on average, only have a lower IQ on average because of conditions related to their early life or their current life. I'd imagine the whole ~poverty~ part of things has a tendency to lower IQ scores fairly significantly.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
I would agree with this statement. Living in a more stable community in Chicago, it is really noticeable the drastic different between black Americans where I live versus in more crime ridden neighborhoods here. Black Americans I meet at my school typically do well, go to university, aren't involved in any violence, and are doing well for themselves. However they know people that live in more poverty strucken neighborhoods performed worse, were involved in a lot of crime and gang related activity and such. I don't believe that intellect is an indicator of whose smart based on race, but based on living conditions
Fruit_Inspector
Debates: 20
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@drlebronski
"This post is intended to be an informal debate as i prefer a less organized debate."

Should I expect another forfeiture in our debate since this post is directly related? 12 hours left...
n8nrgmi
Debates: 0
n8nrgmi
-->
@drlebronski
black people have smaller brain sizes than whites. whites are smaller than asians. brain size correlates to intelligence. it's possible that some blacks are poor environment that causes their brain to be smaller, but that's highly unlikely for most given there's such a trend across races. unless... are you trying to say white people have smaller brains because they have a poor environment? which is a stupid idea.  also, it doesn't related precisely to brain size but blacks who are brought up in wealthy households have lower IQs as well. the environmental effect is moot in this case. 
drlebronski
drlebronski
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
I wont forfeit again. or i will try not im having trouble making a rebutal as i did not specify my definition very well when making the debate
drlebronski
drlebronski
-->
@n8nrgmi
sources
Fruit_Inspector
Debates: 20
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@drlebronski
What are you having trouble rebutting? Do you find yourself in general agreement or with my argument?
n8nrgmi
Debates: 0
n8nrgmi
-->
@drlebronski
brain size correlates to intelligence and varies by race. this is just the easiest credible looking source i found. i'm sure there are better sources. 

i'm not going to cite each of my other points. feel free to research my claims as starting points for your own research. it's not my obligation to educate you. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@drlebronski
Which blacks are you talking about? The ones raised in Democrat urban dystopias or the Nigerian immigrants that earn far above the median household income?

9 days later

dfss9788
Debates: 2
dfss9788
-->
@drlebronski
Whether or not the people of one race are, on average, genetically superior or inferior compared to the people of a different race is something which has no impact on policy making. It's a useless fact.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@drlebronski
I think if the IQ study about blacks was correct, then 1/6 Blacks would be retards.  Yet out of the potentially dozens of black people I know, I wouldn't call any of them retards because I have common sense.  I think the government should do a cheap study to get more accurate results of race and IQ because I think the data people are relying on is outdated.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
Which blacks are you talking about? The ones raised in Democrat urban dystopias or the Nigerian immigrants that earn far above the median household income?
There is such a selection bias with African immigrants. 
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@dfss9788
Whether or not the people of one race are, on average, genetically superior or inferior compared to the people of a different race is something which has no impact on policy making. It's a useless fact.

It absolutely would be useful. If they are exactly the same intelligence but have worse outcomes, then the problem is "systemic racism".

If they aren't the same intelligence, then a huge chunk of the difference would be a problem of biology.

So, if biology was the actual cause, any attempt at getting rid of biases would be a waste of time because that isn't what is causing the issue.

So it wouldn't be a useless fact to know. Knowing the cause of problems leads to the right policy solutions and efficient use of funding (ie. not throwing money at a potentially unsolvable problem).
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
It absolutely would be useful. If they are exactly the same intelligence but have worse outcomes, then the problem is "systemic racism".

Lol no it isn't. 

People with the same intelligence with different cultural upbringing will have vastly different outcomes, regardless of ANY system.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
Lol no it isn't. 

People with the same intelligence with different cultural upbringing will have vastly different outcomes, regardless of ANY system.
Looking back, I should have said that differently because you’re right. The thread was about race so I used that example.

My point is, it gets blamed on some “systemic” issue assuming the difference isn’t inherent (biology), which is (somewhat) valid.

Culture, biology, parental income, number of siblings, maternal education, and other factors all affect your future success.

But when they say that certain cultures are disadvantaged in the US, I think there is merit to that. My response is just vastly different: assimilate or stfu. We shouldn’t have to change to accommodate everyone else’s culture, but semantically, I’d say it is true some cultures are worse off.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
I guess you could say loosely that bad culture is "systemic"

Very loosely.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
Well some cultures aren’t individualistic. Some idolize fentanyl addicts that rob pregnant women.

Neither of those are likely to be as successful aggregately in an (arguably) First World society such as the US’