Death Penalty not only should be allowed, but it should be lighter than life imprisonment, imo.

Author: Intelligence_06

Total: 12
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
We stop feeling pain after death due to our neurons going offline after the execution is done. Today's forms of executions are MUCH LESS painful than the classical counterparts. Injecting chemicals for cardiac arrest, especially after chemicals to put you into sleep, is much less painful than firing squad and guillotine.

Why do we fear death? Hell? Pain after death? Not being able to reunite with your family? Well, life imprisonment is worse.

Death:
  • There is no hell proven
  • Modern execution methods are less painful
  • You aren't meeting with your family.
Life Imprisonment:
  • Living there is akin to hell as physical limitations are painful on its own
  • Constantly suffering and painful due to lack of space
  • You aren't meeting with your family anyways, probably.
We are too scared of death. Death is less painful than suffering the every second you are existing in a painful place. If I ever get myself in a situation where I have committed a crime harsh enough to guarantee life imprisonment or death(which hopefully I won't), I will choose the latter.

As for being bailed out, if they have to be bailed out after a few years, they should never even get life imprisonment anyways. Genuine life imprisonment is literally hopeless for you and an experience worse than death.

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
Change my mind. How is a post this controversial responseless?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
The same old arguments apply really.

Though "lighter than" makes it sound like you're selling a fat free yoghurt.

Death penalty for murder only. Though socially prescribed death is no less murder....Only socially prescribed.

And social justice is regularly proven to be fallible....You can't bring a wrongly convicted person back to life once you've killed them.

No offence....But perhaps a disregard for the individual is a Chinese thing?

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Intelligence_06
this is just a cope by people who find state murder objectionable. Certainly not existing is worse than existing.  Many people lead happy fulfilling lives in prison.

In prison in the United States, you do get visits from family and friends, some even still allow conjical visits. You can read whatever you want, make friends and go to church, have a restricted healthy diet. 

It's not that bad. I know in China it can be rough. I have seen some leaked videos of people restrained in inhumane ways and begging for mercy because they posted something not even critical of the government but could be misinterpreted as critical
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Wylted
Certainly not existing is worse than existing.
False. Less suffering = better. Death = no more suffering.

Many people lead happy fulfilling lives in prison.
To be fair, life imprisonment wouldn't seem harsh in Sweden and Denmark, etc. However, in the United States, prison is almost entirely punishment.

In prison in the United States, you do get visits from family and friends, some even still allow conjical visits. You can read whatever you want, make friends and go to church, have a restricted healthy diet. 
I am talking about incredibly harsh people like El Chapo. Many people in the name of "life imprisonment", in my opinion, shouldn't even get life imprisonment if they can be bailed out in a few years. For people in the solitary confinements in the supermaxes, that is what the topic is for.

It's not that bad. I know in China it can be rough. I have seen some leaked videos of people restrained in inhumane ways and begging for mercy because they posted something not even critical of the government but could be misinterpreted as critical
I acknowledge this and yes, this is against the Chinese constitution in theory.

In the end, death is not the worst fate, compared to being enclosed in a single-person cell in a prison. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Intelligence_06
False. Less suffering = better. Death = no more suffering.

It's not that simple. Being fat also sucks, and death would begin the decaying process to make you non fat, but we wouldn't conclude that it is better to be dead than fat.

I also can understand why people in torturous amounts of pain at end of life would want to escape it with death. 

I doubt you want to kill yourself everytime you stub your toe though. The only people who kinda accept death are doing so because of coping mechanisms developed to deal with terror management. With the exceptions of end of life and torturous scenarios. 

I don't believe most people who have life in prison are in solitary confinement. I think that usually just happens to death row inmates prior to being executed. 

I did here interestingly enough that Ted Bundy was contemplating suicide while on death row and his psychologist talked him out of it. 

Bundy had apparently came to christ and the conditions were torturous because he was not in life but sentenced to death. He wanted to kill himself and the therapist said

"You know people paint a rosy picture and call it suicide, but really it is self murder"

Bundy said 

"Yeah, I know"

The counselor said.

"Do you really think somebody in your shoes and who has committed as many murders as you, can really risk testing the lord by adding one more murder to your list"

apparently Bundy took the statement to heart and waited for the state to execute him

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Wylted
I apologize for not specifying, but this post is for and just for Supermax confinement’s and the harsh people. They have a live with no hope.

Having a bad life is not enough for death, but having a life where you are constantly begging for death because life is entirely hopeless, death really is better for you.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Intelligence_06
sure, but it has to be a very tiny percentage of murderers in a supermax
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Intelligence_06
If you were on death row and told that your execution was in 48 hours then offered a stay of execution and life in prison you would decline?
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
No. I have been waiting for this moment all my life. I have always wanted to die to find out what is after.

ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@Intelligence_06
Some life is not worth living, as in evidence by those willing to take own life, or risk life without much rational, logical common sense reasoning.

People fear death because of mental terror of pain and not awakening from unconscious states, as most humans go to sleep then awaken throughout there lives.

Mental psychosis fear of death may be likened to deep sleep paralysis, only person is conscious and fears any action.

Ive had mild forms of this psychosis at various times, afraid to move as consciousness knowing any action has consequences, and the unknown consquences over-ride my ability to move.  I always did move eventually cause here I am today typing away, so many years along the pathway of the coming terminality of death.

Dead people touching and getting close does bother me, as they are cold and clammy and that seems so un-natural too me.  Not so much to those who have witness more death around them in their lifes.

The highests spiritual  places states, all that i will do for death, is to die for it.

Ans that may be related to a ' one-for-all and all-for-one ' mentality, to whatever degree.

16 days later

TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Intelligence_06
Change my mind. How is a post this controversial responseless?
I think common sense confirms this.

To figure out which is more lenient, a life where although not free, you have all your living expenses paid for, you get to meet new people, and you don't have to worry about any economic thing or someone killing you, you ought to ask the people serving life in jail if they would prefer death.

If they preferred death, they would have committed suicide or at least want to.  Yet most murderers don't want to commit suicide.  Some of them do.  But in order for what they experience to be worse than death, a majority of people facing life in jail would want to kill themselves.  I don't believe the desire for suicide among prisoners facing life in jail is this high and I would need evidence to confirm this.

Are there things worse than death?  There is only one way to find out; if it is better to commit suicide than it is to endure whatever pain your enduring.

We are too scared of death. Death is less painful than suffering the every second you are existing in a painful place
Maybe less painful, but not worse for you.  Otherwise people would commit themselves anytime they endured a slight amount of pain.  But some amount of pain is okay if it preserves your life.