Confident of the resurrection.

And the perpetuation of the sequence.

Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
Nice Vic.

The same circle of life on earth.  And not having anything at all  to do with a god in my pinion. It is what it is.  The cycle is `out with the old and in with the new normal `, this is what I believe the bible teaches happens but a bigger scheme of things but the old going out can vary rarely accept the incoming new .  But like I keep saying, its the bigger scheme of things that many a Christian completely fail to grasp and understand. Only my own opinion , Vid lad. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
I refer to it as a universal sequence.

And GOD represents the ultimate of knowledge and material development .  And is certainly not the Man of story books.

Though most popular God based hypotheses share a similar basic principle.

In so much as GOD enables the recreation of life and intelligence and intelligent life assists in the recreation of GOD....Thus perpetuating the sequence.

I would therefore  suggest, that this has all happened before, many times.

Associated tall tales are just a product of the imagination....Though to write them off completely, would be to deny a significant part of human development.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
I would therefore  suggest, that this has all happened before, many times.

And I couldn't agree with you more, Vic my mate. As does THE BIBLE:

Ecclesiastes 3:15King James Bible
"That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past."

The ancients were onto something , Vic,  and it wasn't all begatting. 

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@zedvictor4
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@zedvictor4
If all knowledge can be accumulated it must also accumulate the abyss and absorb even it, and not the other way around.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
is this another zedku?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@fauxlaw
Yep good point.

Sort of fits the hypothesis quite well.

Though the collapse of the universe is perhaps inevitable, the accumulation of all knowledge (GOD) ensures the resurrection.

Do you see how well that fits with the basic philosophy of the Bible.

Back in the day, knowledge didn't extend beyond the visible and limited science, so ideas remained human centred and were embellished/explained by human inspired super-natural myth. 

An unseen floaty about bloke, that gave birth to himself, then had himself nailed to a cross for our benefit, and then disappeared again....Doesn't quite cut the 21st century scientific mustard... Technologically inspired understanding and knowledge of the universe and it's processes.

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@zedvictor4
Technologically inspired understanding and knowledge of the universe and it's processes.
...which we see from a single perspective, so, given our vast technology, when we observe the universe expanding in all directions, assuming it will collapse likewise [and that is an assumption], how are we sure it is doing so at the same rate, given our singular "line-of-sight" perspective? And, do we know for certain what we consider the center-point of the Big Bang is really the universal center just as we once that that center was Earth? You must admit that the assumptions are piling up faster than we are acquring sure knowledge.

The arrogance of those assumptions are as great as those who produce "Ancient Aliens" assume that all our knowledge acquired is at the hands of the title characters...

...or is science going to admit that all we know is due to Almighty God? That'll be the day. Acquiring knowledge by our own sweat of the brow is part of that dominion over the Earth stuff we were given according to Genesis.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@fauxlaw
Technology is always vast ....It was vast when our ancestors learned the ability to create and control fire.....And so on.

Technology has currently evolved to a certain point, but will get vaster.

And religion is no less an assumption for sure, and the religious GOD principle is the same as any GOD principle.

Though looked at rationally through todays eyes, associated religious myths can clearly be seen for what they are.

It's only stubborn data transfer that perpetuates belief in such myths.

And "Almighty God" is a pertinent reference to any GOD principle.

And Genesis I'm sure is the first part of the acronym, but I haven't worked out what the OD stands for yet.  
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Yep.

Another Zedku Doc.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@fauxlaw
Acquiring knowledge by our own sweat of the brow is part of that dominion over the Earth stuff we were given according to Genesis.

I think you are referring to  Genesis 1:26
" let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth".

It doesn't actually say batteries included so to speak, but I will assume this is what you mean? Correct me if I am wrong.

That said, it is a good point of yours and a well chosen word; "knowledge" as in from the tree of knowledge. 

But then that throws up another problem for you doesn't it. I will wait a while  to give you the chance to spot it for yourself.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
cool
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
@fauxlaw

fauxlaw wrote: Acquiring knowledge by our own sweat of the brow is part of that dominion over the Earth stuff we were given according to Genesis.

Stephen wrote; I think you are referring to  Genesis 1:26
" let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth".

It doesn't actually say batteries included so to speak, but I will assume this is what you mean? Correct me if I am wrong.

That said, it is a good point of yours and a well chosen word; "knowledge" as in from the tree of knowledge. 

But then that throws up another problem for you doesn't it. I will wait a while  to give you the chance to spot it for yourself.

Can you see yet what you did there High Priest?

here is a clue..

"but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”Genesis 2:17

You lot  just cannot help yourselves, can you?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
@ Stephen

And that just demonstrates that a "day" as Hebrew reckons it is not necessarily limited to 24 hours, doesn't it? Adam and Eve did, ultimately die, didn't they? Eating of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil [that is the entire name, yeah?] introduced mortality. Before that, Adam and Eve were immortal beings in the Garden, and could have lived in that state forever, the downside being, they would never have children. Thus, Eve considers the consequences of staying in the Garden, or having children, which is the full measure of her creation. She was, until having her eyes opened to recognize good and evil, merely named "Woman." Only after that reckoning is her name given as Eve, dignifying the mother of all living. That consequence is not available to her while in the Garden.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@fauxlaw
And that just demonstrates that a "day" as Hebrew reckons it is not necessarily limited to 24 hours, doesn't it?

NO. What it demonstrates is that you were talking absolute bullshite when you said ;

Fauxlaw wrote: Acquiring knowledge by our own sweat of the brow is part of that dominion over the Earth stuff we were given according to Genesis.#9 

God didn't want man to have knowledge, and it wasn't his plan that we grow in or acquire knowledge either  as you are trying to say.. and that is a BIBLICAL fact.

" do NOT eat from the tree of knowledge" is what THE BIBLE clearly says. God even tell us the reason man was created, and it wasn't to be his brain children, of that you can be assured.How do I know? Because THE BIBLE says so. 

Adam and Eve did, ultimately die, didn't they?

NO. And I don't appreciate you attempting to misuse the word "eventually" in this case. You must take everyone on this forum to be mugs, High Priest. This is just YOU again, attempting to inject your own interpretation and opinion into the scripture and present it as fact.

What god said was :  "but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for on the day that you eat from it you will certainly die.”
 Adam lived 930 years  and didn't die on the day he ate. And you can attempt to pull all the shite you like but the serpent lord was correct and  they didn't die
"on that day" or in that day. 

Eating of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil [that is the entire name, yeah?] introduced mortality.

I see.  And is morality that bad that we were sentenced to death and Satan to crawl on his belly eating dirt" for the reset of his days? Is this the reason for god expelling man from paradise, because he learned the knowledge of morals?  Is this also the reason that god sent a blood sacrifice because we had gained morals from the tree of knowledge millennia before hand.  Don't make me laugh  High Priest, your god could have nipped this in the bud back in the garden had he not realised his flaw at the time and before becoming to regret that he had ever made us " IN HIS IMMAGE"!!! he's a god after-all, isn't he?

Before that, Adam and Eve were immortal beings in the Garden,

There is no actual biblical evidence of this and you have no way of proving it. 

and could have lived in that state forever, the downside being, they would never have children.

You have something there, but I won't go into that here. But this also creates yet another problem, if this be the case.  And I will wait for you again to work that one out entirely on your own.

The point here is that you have claimed above that god intended us to "acquire knowledge as part of having  dominion over the earth". :

fauxlaw wrote: " Acquiring knowledge by our own sweat of the brow is part of that dominion over the Earth stuff we were given according to Genesis".

THE BIBLE categorically denies this. And you know this full well.  
 You fkd up and are now simply trying to justify your fk  up.

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
TL/DR/TB
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Bones

FAUXLAW, in being guilty of the following:  the runaway from biblical axioms from me alone 87 times and counting therefore being the #1 Bible fool upon this forum, and who has called Jesus a LIAR many times, and goes against Jesus in taking care of the poor, says that the Bible is a FRAUD and calls the Christian faith as DISHONEST, and says Jesus is not the total cause of everything of which He is, and that Christians have "free will" which they do not, said that God does not order murder, where in fact He does,

FAUXLAW QUOTE: "TL/DR/TB"

Oh look, FAUXLAW is trying in vain to be supposedly smart when proffering an acronym that isn't understood!  Wow, how cool is that?  This only shows once again that FAUXLAW will go out of his way to take the limelight off of him is losing so badly to "Bones" in their recent debate, where FAUXLAW lost so terribly, that it may be a DEBATEART record!  LOL!

Bones
Debates: 30
Bones
-->
@BrotherDThomas
I'm not too sure what Fauxlaw means by TLDRTB. Does it mean to long didn't read too bad? That's quite gen Z term...
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Bones
Does it mean to long didn't read too bad? 

If it does, Bones , then I will take that as me being correct and him being the bible ignorant High Priest that he claims to be.  Either god wanted us to  acquire knowledge or he didn't? The bible say he didn't. And he appears to have god quite upset that we listened to another side of the story .
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas
FAUXLAW QUOTE: "TL/DR/TB"

Oh look, FAUXLAW is trying in vain to be supposedly smart when proffering an acronym that isn't understood!  Wow, how cool is that?  This only shows once again that FAUXLAW will go out of his way to take the limelight off of him is losing so badly to "Bones" in their recent debate, where FAUXLAW lost so terribly, that it may be a DEBATEART record!  LOL!

I think , Brother, that fauxlaw an  " ordained High Priest"#36 maybe quoting from one or two of those ancient languages that he claims to be qualified in?
His own forum profile he claims that he  is" Fluent in English, French, Italian, and Egyptian hieroglyphs".https://www.debateart.com/profiles/fauxlaw

Odd then isn't it that in this very detailed profile he forget to mention that he is also a student in ancient Greek  isn't it, Brother? #28
Bones
Debates: 30
Bones
-->
@Stephen
If it does, Bones , then I will take that as me being correct and him being the bible ignorant High Priest that he claims to be.  Either god wanted us to  acquire knowledge or he didn't? The bible say he didn't. And he appears to have god quite upset that we listened to another side of the story .
Exactly. From my experience, saying "oh too long I didn't read it" is a textbook concession. Nothing out of the ordinary from our good friend. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Bones
If it does, Bones , then I will take that as me being correct and him being the bible ignorant High Priest that he claims to be.  Either god wanted us to  acquire knowledge or he didn't? The bible say he didn't. And God appears to have got quite upset that we listened to another side of the story .
Exactly. From my experience, saying "oh too long I didn't read it" is a textbook concession. Nothing out of the ordinary from our good friend. 

"oh too long I didn't read it". 

Maybe these are the real  reasons behind their own bible ignorance. And in this instance, from an alleged  "high priest"? #36