Simon Biles Pulling Out of Olympics Is Smart

Author: Vader

Total: 6
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Simon Biles is amazing at gymnastics, let's get this straight. She didn't need to prove anything to anyone. I also do think it was best for her to step down

Regarding performance, mentality is key, especially in solo sports where the light is all on you. When I did shot put, if I put negative ideas and such into my head, it would ultimately lead to poorer results in my throws as such. Being in a proper mental state is essential into scoring well and if that is truly the reason she withdrawed, there is no issue. Mentality is key to the Olympic games and if Simon had consistently negative thoughts and was fighting demons that led to her performing at less than she should, she should resign and allow others to continue. I also could tell the sharp difference between her 2020 performance and 2016. It shows her deterioration (granted her deterioration is still the best in the world), if it impacts US performance, she should resign.

This will not be the end of Simon Biles. For god sake she is insane and so good that a move was named after heard, but other analysis like Charlie Kirk should really be quiet on the matter, especially with little sports knowledge or experience
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
Simone....Undoubtedly an outstanding gymnast.

I'm sure that there will be more to this than meets the eye.

The ability to cope mentally in  high level, technically and physically demanding gymnastics disciplines, is as essential as physical ability.

All her competitors are under the same pressures.

For such people fallibility is never an option, but fallibility is the inevitable reality.
Vader
Vader
-->
@zedvictor4
Yes, but there's a lot more to Simone Biles mental health that meets the eye. I'm sure having a sexual abuser train you for years isn't going to help with that at all

14 days later

Vader
Vader
To be clear, Simone Biles struggled with aerial distortion, much different than mental health. This is for her safety to step out. Trust me, losing your coordination in mid air while doing the moves Simone Biles does at her level would scare the shit out of anyone
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Vader
I think the right should stop focusing on the culture war and start focusing on substantive policy like UHC, free college, ending the wars, and a green new deal.  If you are conservative on this, then fine, but address this stuff, not random culture war stuff like Simone Biles.
drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
i noticed after she pulled out of the olympics conservative commentators immediately called her weak mentally (steve crowder for example) despite not knowing what was going on