How the US can get out of debt and balance every historical budget

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 11
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
The US debt is perhaps the biggest issue this nation is facing that few are talking about.  Fortunately, I made a plan that I think is pretty effective on how to get this nation out of debt easily.

Of course, I made this idea myself so it could use some work from outside people.  If you like the plan, be sure to say so on this thread.  If you don't like this plan, feel free to place your criticisms on this thread.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
ASTAP 2.0?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I named it a better name, and the proposed policy is different, but it's close enough.  My current draft is distant enough from the rough draft of a few years ago that I can say you could call it ASTAP 2.0.  But the tax policy is drastically different.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
I can't really see the spreadsheet on my phone. How much is the headcount tax per year?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
The tax isn't based per head.  We have 2 choices I strongly support on how we pay off the debt and I have preferences, but I'm fine with any of these.  The choices are:

1) Start to pay if off now and pay a 17% capitol gains tax, a 14% necessity tax, and a 20% luxury tax.  No more income tax or social security tax, which overall saves even the poorest working class Americans money since the income tax and the social security tax combined cost at least 16.2% of one's income, whereas if someone spent all their money on necessities, they would only pay a 14% sales tax on this, and very few people fall into the first income bracket, so most people end up saving more than 2.2% of their annual income on taxes to pay off the debt.  Combine this with a lazzaire faire approach to immigration, and it would increase the GDP and tax revenue enough to pay off the debt in 2 years since our tax revenue would quadruple in the long term and increase 9 fold for the first year all while cutting the percentage of one's income Americans pay in taxes.

Or

2) Wait 50 years, balance all future annual budgets, and pay only a .6% capitol gains tax while having the same approach to immigration which would increase the tax revenue in the short and long term by significant amounts with such a small amount of tax.

If you don't think this amount of money will pay off the debt, I recommend you use a computer somewhere so you can access the spreadsheet.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@TheUnderdog
they would only pay a 14% sales tax on this, and very few people fall into the first income bracket, so most people end up saving more than 2.2% of their annual income on taxes to pay off the debt.
Wait, are you trying to claim that the lowest income tax bracket taxes 16.2%?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I'm saying the lowest income tax bracket is 10%, but everyone pays a 6.2% social security tax, so the poorest taxpayer in the United States pays 16.2% of their money to the federal government.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@TheUnderdog
Oh... so social security doesn't exist anymore in your plan?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Social security still exists, it is merely funded differently.  The taxes I told you about would pay for social security and everything else the government spends money on.  The elderly (the recipients of social security) couldn't care less about how it's funded.  They merely want to get paid.

My plan saves every taxpayer money on their tax bill and allows us to pay off the debt.  When the debt is paid off, taxes fall even more saving the taxpayer even more money (assuming option 1 is implemented.  If option 2 is implemented, I think taxes would be low enough once the debt is paid off).
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
My plan saves every taxpayer money on their tax bill and allows us to pay off the debt. 
What are the cuts then?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Currently, if you are a US citizen, you pay anywhere from 16.2% to 43.2% of your income to the government.  Everyone gets a tax cut by replacing the income tax with a 14% necessity sales tax, a 20% luxury sales tax, and a 17% capitol gains tax.  This amounts to an average sales tax of 14.6% and a capitol gains tax of 17%.  If you don't own any stock, you don't pay the capitol gains tax.  If you do, money isn't as big of an issue for you.  But everyone in the nation saves money on their tax bill, from a minimum wage worker to a CEO.  We are able to pay off the debt because we significantly increased the number of taxpayers, and this move quadrupled the tax revenue in the long term and increased it 9 fold 1 year after since the stock market would skyrocket with the huge influx of workers and business.