Are Chicago sports on the rise?

Author: Vader

Total: 10
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Bears:
Drafted Justin Fields. Surrounded themselves with a young core. Still a great team that drafted amazingly this year offensively. Amazing defensively. Potential division champions if Fields pans out

Bulls:
New management. Acquired Lonzo Ball, Demar DeRozan, and other assests. New starting 5...

Lonzo Ball
Demar Derozan
Demar Rozan
Patrick Williams
Nikola Vucevic

Also Caruso and Coby White are on the bench.

Blackhawks:
Just acquired Venzina winning goalie Marc Andre Fleury from the Golden Knights. Also acquired Seth Jones from the Blue Jackets (though he was overpayed). They could make a playoff pus this year with some of the key core still in tact

White Sox:
One of the best teams in baseball right now with a 62-44 record. There roster includes

C. Yasmani Grandal
1B. Jose Abreu
2B. Cesar Hernandez
SS. Tim Anderson
3B. Yoan Moncada
LF. Eloy Jimenez
CF. Luis Robert (when healthy)/Brian Goodwin
RF. Adam Engel
DH. Gavin Sheets

Their pitching is looking insane as well
Lance Lynn
Carlos Rodon
Lucas Giolito
Dallas Keuchel
Dyan Cease

Oh and their bullpen is arguable the best in the MLB
Liam Hendriks
Craig Kimbrel
Garrett Crochet
Aaron Bummer
Ryan Tepera
Michael Kopech

The only team that is in rebuild mode is the Cubs and they got a good return for their plays for the most part

Chicago might be a big sports city in 2020's

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Vader
You aren't focusing on the Olympics?
Vader
Vader
-->
@Intelligence_06
I am. I’m focusing on Swimming, Shot Put, and other sports. Not much I can say about that

434 days later

Vader
Vader
Bears:
Drafted Justin Fields. Surrounded themselves with a young core. Still a great team that drafted amazingly this year offensively. Amazing defensively. Potential division champions if Fields pans out
Yet to see. New management is OK and while Fields has looked rough, he had a good game vs the Vikings

Bulls:
New management. Acquired Lonzo Ball, Demar DeRozan, and other assests. New starting 5...

Lonzo Ball
Demar Derozan
Demar Rozan
Patrick Williams
Nikola Vucevic

Aged like fine wine. Still one of the best teams in the league with some nice young pieces
Blackhawks:
Just acquired Venzina winning goalie Marc Andre Fleury from the Golden Knights. Also acquired Seth Jones from the Blue Jackets (though he was overpayed). They could make a playoff push this year with some of the key core still in tact
Aged as well as milk

White Sox:
One of the best teams in baseball right now with a 62-44 record. There roster includes

C. Yasmani Grandal
1B. Jose Abreu
2B. Cesar Hernandez
SS. Tim Anderson
3B. Yoan Moncada
LF. Eloy Jimenez
RF. Adam Engel
DH. Gavin Sheets

Lance Lynn
Carlos Rodon
Lucas Giolito
Dallas Keuchel
Dyan Cease

Liam Hendriks
Craig Kimbrel
Garrett Crochet
Aaron Bummer
Ryan Tepera
Michael Kopech
Fuck Tony La Russa. Bad year with injuries in 2022 and had incompetent managing, and then they lost to the Stros the year I made that post

The only team that is in rebuild mode is the Cubs and they got a good return for their plays for the most part

118 days later

Vader
Vader
Bears:
Yet to see. New management is OK and while Fields has looked rough, he had a good game vs the Vikings
Fields has become the future. A lot of potential

Bulls:

Lonzo Ball
Demar Derozan
Demar Rozan
Patrick Williams
Nikola Vucevic

Aged like fine wine. Still one of the best teams in the league with some nice young pieces
And then it aged like milk. Lonzo is mysteriously hurt, the team is 10th and barely play in. Win vs good teams but lose to bad teams. Not a good team where the GM =/= trade
Blackhawks:
Just acquired Venzina winning goalie Marc Andre Fleury from the Golden Knights. Also acquired Seth Jones from the Blue Jackets (though he was overpayed). They could make a playoff push this year with some of the key core still in tact
Aged as well as milk
Aged even worse. #1 pick potential

White Sox:

C. Yasmani Grandal
1B. Jose Abreu
2B. Cesar Hernandez
SS. Tim Anderson
3B. Yoan Moncada
LF. Eloy Jimenez
RF. Adam Engel
DH. Gavin Sheets

Lance Lynn
Carlos Rodon
Lucas Giolito
Dallas Keuchel
Dyan Cease

Liam Hendriks
Craig Kimbrel
Garrett Crochet
Aaron Bummer
Ryan Tepera
Michael Kopech
Fuck Tony La Russa. Bad year with injuries in 2022 and had incompetent managing, and then they lost to the Stros the year I made that post
RIP Jose, couple of nice pieces added too with La Russa gone. It's gonna be a 50/50. Kimbrel gone too

405 days later

Vader
Vader
Bears:
Fields has become the future. A lot of potential
Welp the new look Bears have shown a ton of potential even after an abysmal season. Fields did not become the future. I guess it's Caleb season. New management has been cooking though. Bright future

Bulls:

Lonzo Ball
Demar Derozan
Demar Rozan
Patrick Williams
Nikola Vucevic

And then it aged like milk. Lonzo is mysteriously hurt, the team is 10th and barely play in. Win vs good teams but lose to bad teams. Not a good team where the GM =/= trade
Still the same. Mediocre team but Coby White has become a surprising piece to this team. Still an 8 seed but I can only pray
Blackhawks:
Aged as well as milk
Aged even worse. #1 pick potential
Well we got a generational talent out of the draft and are looking to get another. Future is insanely bright but geez that take aged like milk

White Sox:

C. Yasmani Grandal
1B. Jose Abreu
2B. Cesar Hernandez
SS. Tim Anderson
3B. Yoan Moncada
LF. Eloy Jimenez
RF. Adam Engel
DH. Gavin Sheets

Lance Lynn
Carlos Rodon
Lucas Giolito
Dallas Keuchel
Dylan Cease

Liam Hendriks
Craig Kimbrel
Garrett Crochet
Aaron Bummer
Ryan Tepera
Michael Kopech
RIP Jose, couple of nice pieces added too with La Russa gone. It's gonna be a 50/50. Kimbrel gone too
Well this aged horribly. 1/2 the core is gone and the team might lose 100 games this season

The Cubs are starting to look competent again I guess
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
-->
@Vader
Bruh. I kid you not, I think you will be saying the exact same things this time next year. You are caught in a vicious cycle of false hope
Vader
Vader
-->
@Mharman
I am a pessimistic Bears fan. I always downplay what they will do in a season. Most fans had them at 9-8, 10-7, and I had them at 7-10 (granted for the wrong reasons). 

I like the moves Poles is making. Building in the draft, building up the offense, acquiring talent at a cheaper rate versus making the big splash in FA. Think he's done a 8/10 job at the moment. Not a fan of the Claypool trade and IMO, Waldron is overrated and Flus should've probably been fired considering the coaching options available in the market. Sure he got a low return in the Fields trade, but at least he did right by a guy that gave Bears fans something to look forward to every Sunday when we were dogshit.

I can safely say if Caleb Williams doesn't pan out, it is 100% on him and him only. He'll be able to draft his guy. Poles  has very extremely successful in the draft with only a handful of misses. He has hit on a ton of draft picks and has been extremely solid in drafting OLineman and CB's.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Vader
Always amazes me that millions of people put so much energy and emphasis into watching and discussing a handful of people doing daft stuff on a contrived field.

With a contrived leather sort of a ball object.

I suppose that it is one of many analogical necessities in a society that no longer depends upon hunter gathering.

Philately and numismatics are two other examples.

And ironically, hunting.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Vader
Feels like all commercialized sports are rigged on some level, so you can't really predict anything.