Gulf Stream Is Destabilizing :--O

Author: ebuc

Total: 14
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
Those irrational, illogical lack of common sense people who first said the the Earth is not warming { 80's 90's } then later on 2000's began to concede the truth, but to this day still claim humans have nothing to do with erratic climate change, need not apply to this thread, as humans dont need to hear anymore nonsense from these types of people.

..." In recent years, scientists have warned about a weakening of the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (AMOC), which transports warm, salty water from the tropics to northern Europe and then sends colder water back south along the ocean floor. Researchers who study ancient climate change have also uncovered evidence that the AMOC can turn off abruptly, causing wild temperature swings and other dramatic shifts in global weather systems." .....

Another thing not predicted by climate change models, was the recent slowing of the jetstream causing extreme heat domes over western USA.

100 year events will increasingly become the new normal in less than 100 years.  Call me a pessimist, but I dont see humanity uniting around a common goal of rational, logical common sense pathways to preventing extinction of humanity on Earth. 

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@ebuc
President Donald Trump dismissed a study produced by his own administration, involving 13 federal agencies and more than 300 leading climate scientists, warning of the potentially catastrophic impact of climate change.
Why, you ask?
“I don’t believe it,” Trump told reporters, adding that he had read “some” of the report.

Well Trump is the lowest IQ president ever elected.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@FLRW
FLWR, that is not fair, because most people are aware of just how smart a Trumpet orangutan can be and Trumpet is most likely one of the more intellectual orangutan's.

Many if not most of the people at DArt are behind the 8-ball of intellectual integrity and moral integrity. 

The first evidence of this gulfstream destablization came in 2016.  This above is just the latest pin in Trumpeteers donkey ass.  ;--))

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
i'm dreaming of a white england
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@oromagi
i'm dreaming of a white england
As when the celestial object struck Earth Ice age Canada  ---12,000 years ago--- and releasing fresh water from lakes and ice into the Altantic disrupting the salt water beltways from around tip of south Africa and beyond.

First time I heard about that was in documentary "After the Warming" narrated by English dude James Burke. 80's 90's.  https://shop.nfsa.gov.au/after-the-warming-series and as I recall that led to winterizing or re-winterizing  Europe. 

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@ebuc
Yeah, England is kept temperate by the Gulf Stream.  I was there in the late October as the remnants of Hurricane Katrina hung over the islands for weeks- it was wet but very warm- you could be very comfortable in shorts and a raincoat.  London is north of Fargo, even Calgary.  If the Gulf Stream suddenly conks out, Northern Europe's climate becomes much more like Canada and Russia and the Sahara and the Middle East get much wetter real fast.
Nyxified
Debates: 21
Nyxified
-->
@ebuc
I don't see humanity uniting around the cause of defeating climate change either.

But so long as we take it upon ourselves to fight twice as hard, we need not those who ignore the suffering of our Earth.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Nyxified
But so long as we take it upon ourselves to fight twice as hard,
Dang, just when I was considering a 4th, polluing { disel fuel }  cruise-ship voyage on the open sea.  I new better the first 3 times and I went anyway.

Guess I was preparing to ' go down with the ship ' so to say.....Space-ship Earth or humanity. :--(

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@ebuc

"It depicts catastrophic climatic effects following the disruption of the North Atlantic Ocean circulation in a series of extreme weather events that usher in global cooling and lead to a new ice age."
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
HI Doc.

I imagine that a new ice age would be pretty catastrophic.....Well......For human society.

I don't suppose that the Planet would be too bothered.

It will just keep spinning around, until such times when it can't spin around any more.

Though clever people will probably survive.

Because we know that clever people need to survive.

Even if the not so clever, are sometimes jealous of clever peoples cleverness.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
hi zed

i agree that clever people will get through it, if theres another ice age.

but did we for real go from gloal warming to ice age
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Well "we" stay at approx  98F.....Temporarily of course......Just joking.

And I don't imagine that a new "Ice Age" would be a click of the fingers event.

So I see no reason why not.

Things would get progressively cooler and a global human society would modify accordingly.

I think that you and I will be OK Doc. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
things get cooler? sure i like winter

18 days later

ebuc
ebuc
As a friend once told me, we can dress for the cold, we cannot dress for the heat.

Ice fishing works.  How bout if the oceans freeze on surface, then we could still ice fish. 

A long as their is still sunshine,  wind methane vents we could have an energy source, to manufacture clothes from something, we mined out of the Earth since, they may not be any trees, mammoths, or any wooly animals. I dunno.

Somehow we humans will have to survive the warming before worrying about surviving the cooling.