Critical Race Theory, and other Leftist Delusions

Author: coal

Total: 25
coal
Debates: 6
coal
Critical race theory is not a threat to the United States.  But it is a threat to the wellbeing, both social and psychological, of all infected by it.  Belief in this new species of quasi-religious delusion places the follower into a schizophrenia of being. 

At once, they are both oppressed and oppressor according to their imagined level of privilege/victimhood.  At once, they are simultaneously the social judge of themselves, a member of the jury deciding the fate of the accused and the accused themselves, according to their degree of privilege/oppression as imagined by themselves and other believers. 

The human psyche cannot contend with that level of dissonance while remaining intact.  This, presumably, is why proponents of critical race theory manifest something like a hive mind at the collective level; and something approximating one or more clinically significant personality disorders as individuals.  

The two are interrelated: the individual absolves himself or herself of their individual guilt by performance of works, something like "hail marys" to wokeness, by signaling their virtue, often by the only means at their disposal --- on social media.  In having performed their "holy sacrament" of shaming all perceived "oppressors," they absolve their "original sin" of having been born with the mark of the beast, their "identity."  All of it takes the form of something like an exorcism ending with burning someone at the stake.   Or, in a more modern (and equally religious sense), a "struggle session" in the at the behest of Mao's so called "cultural revolution."  Or de-Kulakization in the Soviet Union.  

This phenomenon, to me, is unsurprising.  It echoes the absurdities of identity-based political movements in the 20th Century --- all of which have come about in man's effort to replace the values human civilization developed organically (and which are reflected, generally, in the Abrahamic religion) with something secular.  The communists tried communism.  The fascists tried fascism.  The Americans now try critical race theory.  

In so many ways, "critical race theory" is nothing more than the fulfillment of Nietzsche's prediction in the Genealogy of Morals (and, to a lesser degree, Thus Spake Zarathustra).  At the point in time Nietzsche wrote, man's capacity for reason had developed to the degree that he could both recognize his normative value frameworks as such and self-consciously criticize them.  Largely, this developed as the result of the Catholic church's failures throughout Germany and the world to maintain its cultural legitimacy (a trend that continues to this day, albeit in different form).  So, the need for an alternative arose.  

But the basis of a normative value framework, critical race theory is not.  It is the bastard-child offshoot of a praxis between the so called "Frankfurt School" and Marxists.  It is a self-defeating cult of despair that extends precisely into the realm of psychosis.  
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Let’s stop arguing over races: there exists one big race, called the human race.
drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
-->
@coal
define critical race theory
drlebronski
drlebronski
heres how i define it
The core idea is that race is a social construct, and that racism is not merely the product of individual bias or prejudice, but also something embedded in legal systems and policies.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@drlebronski
racism is not merely the product of individual bias or prejudice, but also something embedded in legal systems and policies.
There is not a single policy that discriminates against an ethnic group.  There are policies that target legal status (such as undocumented workers not being allowed to work) and this particular one should be repealed to improve the economy and to get people off of welfare.  But in terms of ethnicity, there is not a single policy that makes your life worse because of your race, even if blacks are disproportionately effected by them.  This would be like saying Hockey or Basketball are racist because with hockey, the NHL disproportionately benefits whites with jobs.  With Basketball, the NBA disproportionately benefits blacks with jobs.
TheMorningsStar
Debates: 0
TheMorningsStar
-->
@TheUnderdog
 there is not a single policy that makes your life worse because of your race
I would say that how the laws are around Native Reservations and policies which basically make them the one place that is controlled top-down in the country have lead to the higher poverty and lower average education levels we observe within these areas, and such policies/laws exist in large part due to race.

There are restrictions that limit what people can do within reservations that don't exist outside of it, in places with voter ID sometimes reservation residents need to go through extra steps to get an ID with an 'accurate current residence address' (one of the main arguments against voter ID in some states), etc.

These are, for the most part, top-down policies/laws, which differentiates reservations from the rest of the country where things are bottom-up.
coal
coal
-->
@drlebronski
Here's what Ben Shapiro said on Bill Maher, and I agree with what he said:

drlebronski
drlebronski
-->
@coal
same i mainly agree with the definition he gave.
coal
coal
-->
@drlebronski
Malcolm Nance disgraced himself in that interview. 
drlebronski
drlebronski
-->
@coal
i don't think he did; he wasn't there for to debate but i do agree he could have engaged more
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@coal
He was a bag of ad-homs and crawfishing.
Fruit_Inspector
Debates: 20
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@drlebronski
The core idea is that race is a social construct, and that racism is not merely the product of individual bias or prejudice, but also something embedded in legal systems and policies.
If racism is embedded within the systems and policies themselves, then isn't the only meaningful solution to eliminate the systems and policies and replace them?
coal
coal
-->
@Greyparrot
Yeah, the thing is that before that fiasco I liked Malcolm Nance.  I've read his books, too. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@coal
Maybe the crowd clapter got the better of him.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheMorningsStar
What the government does to Indians is criminal negligence. It's more of a problem with incompetence than malicious actors though.

This is what happens when the government is allowed to take complete care of people "for their own good"
coal
coal
-->
@Greyparrot
I think he's just spent too much time with the idiots on MSNBC.  He wasn't always like this.  

I am reminded of the "transitions" of people like Chris Cuomo, from when he was about my age covering 9/11, to whatever he has become now.  Cuomo was not always like this, but whatever he's become is a disgrace to himself and his family.

Same for Don Lemon.  Don Lemon was, in 2003, practically a neocon.  Now?  Well we all know what he is now.  
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@coal
That was such an underrated moment when Shapiro called out Nance as a "man of merit" that he is pushing to tear down the very "racist" meritocracy system that has presently rewarded him based on his merits and not his skin color. 

And replace it with what exactly?

See, we can never let the discussion get that far. Ever. 
Not honestly. That's a shame.
coal
coal
-->
@Greyparrot
That was such an underrated moment when Shapiro called out Nance as a "man of merit" that he is pushing to tear down the very "racist" system that has presently rewarded him based on his merits and not his skin color. 

And replace it with what exactly?
I wholeheartedly agree.  Nance's position in society is itself evidence of the extent to which systemic racism is a leftist delusion. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@coal
Another troubling thing is this trend of taking the past and applying those conditions to the present. It's absolutely disingenuous.

I get rewriting history, but rewriting the present is Orwellian as fuck.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@TheUnderdog
There is not a single policy that discriminates against an ethnic group.
Do you believe literacy tests were racially discriminatory?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@coal
Critical race theory is not a threat to the United States.  But it is a threat to the wellbeing, both social and psychological, of all infected by it.
Do you even know what critical race theory is?

coal
coal
-->
@Double_R
Do you even know what critical race theory is?

Do you remember who I am?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@coal
No.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@coal
Critical race theory primarily states that it's institutions and those powerful in them that perpetuate and truly enact racism, as opposed to casual individuals within the society who may have prejudiced outlooks but can't actually turn it into racism.

I don't entirely agree with CRT due to the latter aspect. I believe individuals can be racist, for sure. The former part though, I totally agree to.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
lol