Why is Blue So Uncommon in Nature?

Author: ebuc

Total: 12
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc

It is all about shape and structure allowing blue light to get out, while others get trapped.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
The sky is blue most of the time. "uncommon" lol.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Intelligence_06
The sky is blue most of the time. "uncommon" lol.

We have night sky at least half of every day and he night sky is black, not blue. Also the day time sky is not always blue, ergo sky is blue most of the time is incorrect. Glad you can "lol" at your own error.

So your ' intelligence '  ---and common sense---   working less than half of the time.  Watch the vid to increase you ' intelligence '  and enhance your common sense abilities.

..." Now widely polled as the most popular color in the world, there was a time in which there was no blue -- at least not the way we see blue now. Sure, the sky and water haven’t changed colors, but without the ability to easily create blue dye or pigments, we had no use for the word “blue.” "...

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@ebuc
The night sky is more of a navy blue of sorts, instead of fully black. Not mentioning that most of the oceans look blue, so it isn’t “uncommon” lol.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Intelligence_06
The night sky is more of a navy blue of sorts, instead of fully black. Not mentioning that most of the oceans look blue, so it isn’t “uncommon” lol.
Your ego is working overtime to believe = faith in your belief that  Night sky not seen by most people as black peppered with white celestial objects.

Most people ---I'm guessing here---   do not live next to an ocean to see blue ocean.  Photographs of the whole Earth as blue marble have existed for only 51 years of humans existence on Earth. And even there it is peppered with white clouds. So again, not common ergo rare, as the vid in #1 was titled. 

Here is another vid to expand your ' intelligence '. Not that you will watch it, or subsequently,  grasp your ' intelligence ' errors.

Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@ebuc
@Intelligence_06
When it comes to biology, blue isn’t that common. When it comes to Earth as a whole, blue is most common.
When it comes to the universe, visible light is just a very tiny percentage of all light (I’d assume below 0.9%)

Intelligence, you should have asked or watched the video to find out Ebuc meant biology.
Ebuc, you were as guilty in terms of ego. It blinded you from fully understanding the issue and de-escalating. 

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Reece101
but it really isn't though, it's the second most popular eye colour after brown in our species, the video literally shows that it's present in other species too.

It is honestly not even close to being the rarest colour in nature. Purple and Orange are rarest I would say, with red probably being close behind. I'm aware that the scientific community says blue is rare in nature but it is definitely not. I would assume/predict that in fact greys and teal/turquoise are rarer than blue (though if you accept them as variants of blue, that only furthers my case).

Among birds and fish, blue shades are in fact extremely common, especially in tropical climate, same with the plants/coral in said climate.
ebuc
ebuc
When it comes to biology, blue isn’t that common. When it comes to Earth as a whole, blue is most common.
Ok we will give you other blue oceans.  However, it is not air molecules that are blue.  It is the structure{ and shape } of molecules ---just as in many cases in biology---  that scatter the incoming light, ergo we see blue.   And we can give you planet Neptune, tho it is not commonly viewed by many people and again, it is not the molecules, it is the structure causing scarttering of the light that we see blue.

Nature = .." The phenomena of the physical world collectively, including plants, animals, the landscape, and other features and products of the earth, as opposed to humans or human creations. "...

Universe ergo nature does not have lot of blue. Again this is my guess as it is a lot of black sky just as our sky at night ---with no moon or city lights is mostly black.

Ebuc, you were as guilty in terms of ego. It blinded you from fully understanding the issue and de-escalating. 
If I'm more correct, then my ego states such.  I dont deny my ego involvement when I think I'm corrrect. Same goes the other way, and I can state such as a truth, until we have evidence that is over 50% in favor of the counter-points of view.

Here is another link in same view of blue not common --more so in historical past--- i.e. blue is more modern invention in many ways if not most.

Peopled did not use blue color much if at all.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIg5HkyauoY  Here again, ' intelligence ' needs to watch and expand his ' intelligence '.  That is what ive been doing.

Blue in some plants and blueberries is modification of red molecules.  Blue stones are rare.  The 2nd vid laid this out clearly to his daughter who is in the audience. When the blue stones are crushed they become more gray then blue.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpQjTS7VtQQ

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@RationalMadman
It is honestly not even close to being the rarest colour in nature.

Nature = Universe and here is another vid considering cosmic blue analogy to doppler effect ie light going away from us is red shifted and Einstien stated that light coming toward should be blue shifted, but he had no scientific evidence.  Here is the evidence, however, recall that human see the Universe expanding and Dark Energy since 90's of accelearation ergo red shifting and red shifting on steroids.

This cosmic vid is called ' Does Gravity Change Color? '.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdPZQEc1t6U

And they show the experiement that proved Einstein correct, and finally I found a reference to a statement I could swear  I read in S Hawking book ---that I could never find again--- that blue is enhanced in gravitation field, and this above must of  been what Hawking was talking about, but did not explain.  I always thought I read it in ' A  Brief History of Time ', but could never find it again.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Intelligence_06
people referred to the sky as white, before blue was a concept. Literally blue Jay's, blueberries and a bunch of blue flowers and insects are very populous 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Wylted
people referred to the sky as white,
City lights make sky look white.  Dark side of any planet looks dark unless there is lot of active volcanoes, or city lights, or moon refelcting light on to planet.

The last vid makes clear that that the red shifting light from our, seemingly, accelearting expanding Universe means we see more red than lue shifted light in nature/Universe.

Universe = Nature = Cosmos = Finite whole of occupied space.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@ebuc
don't use = signs, schizophrenic. Use your words, and not in some word salad way that connects unrelated things like the above post