Incel subculture is a major threat to the western world's peace and safety.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 37
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
I don't have anything more to say, I want people to say what they think.
drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
i don't know how it would be a major threat. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
WIKIPEDIA:
At least eight mass murders, resulting in a total of 61 deaths, have been committed since 2014 by men who have either self-identified as incels or who had mentioned incel-related names and writings in their private writings or Internet postings. 
By comparison, hippos have killed more than 3,500 people over roughly the same period.

The culture doesn't seem large enough or mentally stable enough to offer any kind of sustained threat to Western Civilization.  Incels do seem to follow fairly classic patterns of true believer syndrome and I suppose that even radicalized individuals can do a lot of damage.  Still the scale and disorganization of the Incel group does not suggest any kind of priority on a list of potential threats.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@oromagi
a three year old girl was shot by the plymouth shooter, stop trying to make some bullshit semantic twist to gaslight me on the seriousness of incel subculture and what it's breeding

losing 1 life of a young person isnt forgivable, this is going too far
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@RationalMadman
-->@oromagi
a three year old girl was shot by the plymouth shooter,
A single anecdote.  I am looking at trends over the last decade.   Is it more rational to evaluate threats to peace and safety by evaluating trends over the last decade or by evaluating trends over the past week?

stop trying to make some bullshit semantic twist
Semantic twist suggests that I am playing with the meaning of your thesis.  What words, specifically, have I twisted?

to gaslight me on the seriousness of incel subculture
to gaslight is "to manipulate you by psychological means until you question your own sanity"  Are you questioning your own sanity because hippos kill more humans than incels?
and what it's breeding
I thought the absence of breeding by Incels was pretty much the whole of their complaint.
losing 1 life of a young person isnt forgivable, this is going too far
The Taliban killed 27 children this week.  Should we not therefore conclude that the Taliban is a greater threat to the wester world than Incels?  Car accidents in the US kill 2.7 children under 12 every day.  If the death of even one child is truly unacceptable and too far as you suggest than no rational person would continue driving- yet we do.

To my thinking, ranking threats to the western world by number of casualties seems like a very rational place to start, although not the only consideration of course.  In terms of raw numbers, Incels are a small, disorganized group that's almost impossible to identify before turning violent and more likely dead than not, once violence is resorted to.  You claim MAJOR threat but I just don't see the threat  on a global scale or even how you come to that conclusion,
dfss9788
Debates: 2
dfss9788
The data suggest that incel subculture is not "a major threat". More of a nuisance.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@oromagi
To Afghanistan and Pakistan definitely, not to Western world.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@oromagi
All I can say is normally I am pro-privacy but I hope they investigate these incel bastards and wiretap their fucking devices to know the truth. I hope it very much, this is the fucking limit now, in UK without any guns some lunatic somehow got a gun license to just do this shit. In US with guns, many schoolchildren have to be scared (or definitely had to be in Trump's America) scared stiff of when the next random attack would be.

Take the guns away from people who are not in the armed forces/police and then please investigate incel online forums or subforums, it is very important to do. I hope you catch them, interrogate them and find every last one before another thing like this happens. I will even help, let me know if you want me to be a secret agent, I have had enough of these pieces of shit. I will never raise my child in an environment nor live my life in one where I'm afraid of a piece of utter dirt killing them, that's the absolute limit of where liberty is something we're entitled to vs safety.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
I don't know, but saying this is the same as saying that antinatalism is a threat to civilization. I get that not wanting to have sex results in no kids and less population and thus less working force to build the future, but is there more?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
yes there is more, they encourage each other to go on mass killing due to the frustration they feel towards women and life. They also tend to be racist and 100% caucasian, it is a subculture that has less to do with the fact they don't have much sex and far more to do with feeling unfulfilled.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@RationalMadman
This is what the definition of an "incel" is. So far, I don't see any connection between your concerns and the hating of having sex.

As for that Incels kill people: All kinds of groups do so, as long as it is possible to have baddies in the group. Murdering is not a part of the ideology of what "incels" are, as a result, you ought probably to hate them who committed the crime, instead of their group of ideology. A Japanese person murdering another person does not represent that the Japanese law on murder is flawed: It means that the guy who murdered is wrong.

I might not have interpreted everything correctly. Please elaborate.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@RationalMadman
yes there is more, they encourage each other to go on mass killing due to the frustration they feel towards women and life. They also tend to be racist and 100% caucasian, it is a subculture that has less to do with the fact they don't have much sex and far more to do with feeling unfulfilled.
In this case, they also happen to be in another subculture, one much more harmful to society, but has nothing to do with not wanting to have sex. In this case, it is not the incel subculture you should be ranting against, at least for how it is defined at this moment.

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@RationalMadman
To those incels that have committed crimes, they should be punished for doing whatever crime they have done, and not for being an incel.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
They kill themselves before we can punish and investigate, after killing many (including children and teens) in a mass shooting.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
Don't talk about things you don't know ty. This isn't a semantics thread this is a politics thread. I didn't ask for the definition.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@RationalMadman
They aren’t mad for being an incel. Being an incel not harmful. Being an incel that also is something else that harms people’s lives is harmful. Stop ranting about them being incel. How about ranting that they actually do bad stuff.

I understand that just maybe, incel are more inclined to do crime, but incel is all about not wanting to have sex. Killing people is their fault, but not because of the incel part in them.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@RationalMadman
What you are describing can be hardly be called incels. Just because most members of group A is also in group B, doesn’t mean A is equal to B. In fact, the nature of the two contrasts vastly and share little in common. One is about not having sex and the other is about killing people for selfish reasons.

Don’t use terms you don’t know what they mean. Apples are not oranges and individual incels who harm are not representative of the subculture.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
alright, I'm interested in talking with people who have the slightest idea about this. In the mean time research the subculture and the meaning of the term 'involuntary' and come back to me.
drlebronski
drlebronski
-->
@RationalMadman
@oromagi
not a major threat but still a threat
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@drlebronski
an exponentially growing one.

These are not 'victims' who we should feel sorry for, I am fed up of that take. These are scumbags who became the very thing they loathed growing up; bullies. They spend day after day bullying each other for not getting laid, making each other feel uglier than they already feel and encouraging each other to embrace the rage and hate.

This is as toxic as a subculture can get.
drlebronski
drlebronski
-->
@RationalMadman
all you really need to do is look at the wikipedia definition to know theyre losers  
"An incel is a member of an online subculture of people who define themselves as unable to get a romantic or sexual partner despite desiring one."

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
@RatMan

"Incel subculture" is an inevitable consequence of mainstream social and cultural evolution.

A pre-programmed entity will need to channel it's energy in some direction, if it feels prohibited from functioning as intended.

Population management is perhaps the ultimate solution, though I don't see that happening any time soon.

So we will just have to learn to cope with the "incel-subculture" that we are creating.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I don't think that guy was an incel.

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Keep in mind that saying something is "disgustingly immoral and grossly irrational" is different than saying something is "a threat to civilization". It is possible to be the former and simultaneously not be the latter.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
lmao dozens of people get shot in chigaco every.single.weekend but incels are the major threat?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Dr.Franklin
citation? is that something to laugh about?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@RationalMadman
this from july

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Alright, so will you work with me to take guns away from people?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@RationalMadman
um what would that do because ALREADY WITHOUT A BAN, 60% of weapons used in crime is illegal
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Dr.Franklin
oh what you need is publicly funded cops doing sting operations and also need the average US citizen to hate guns.

that latter part idk what to do though, in the countries that got rid (mostly) of guns it was events like the one you link in Chicago that caused the culture/society to actively want to get rid of guns. US culture seems deadset on keeping them.