Taliban gives former government officials amnesty

Author: Wylted

Total: 4
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
the talisman is literally treating the former administration, better than they would have been treated if the reverse happened. https://www.marketwatch.com/story/taliban-declares-amnesty-as-it-urges-women-to-join-government-01629188262
MarkWebberFan
Debates: 2
MarkWebberFan
Well, Sharia allows forgiveness, even if you've apostatized. I think it shouldn't be surprising to any observer out there about the Taliban's grant of amnesty. Now, if the women were to persist in their stubbornness after the fact, well that's the part I'm interested in.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@MarkWebberFan
I think the taliban seems to be making an effort already to be a part of the international community and they are just in power for like 3 days now. It's a good sign. 
MarkWebberFan
Debates: 2
MarkWebberFan
-->
@Wylted
I think It's not going to be any different from any Islamic state. Unless they're secretly Baathist/Ahmadiyya, what I think that will happen is that the Afghans will turn their countries like Pakistan/Saudi Arabia, with similar laws of stoning and amputation.

Ulamas are predicting that Allah will grant them an oil field if they do turn Islamic, so there's also that.