Why the taliban has revolted

Author: Wylted

Total: 20
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
Just one of many reasons, but Afghanistan government forces would literally walk around raping boys with the full support of the United States Army. 

These are a bunch of local farmers, banding together and taking their country back from a puppet government. 
Wylted
Wylted
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
You seem to be saying:

P1: Afghan government abused power
P2: Taliban don't like abuses of power
C: Abuse of power was the reason for Taliban takeover.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
basically yes. They want self rule not rule by an American actor/ cia asset
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Wylted
Unfortunately any evidence of Taliban abusing power would disprove this syllogism, thereby making it logical to conclude that the takeover was for some other reason such as simple lust for power.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I don't think your average farmer picking up a gun cares about power
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
1) The Taliban do not commit abuses of power.

2) The syllogism in post 3 fails because premise two is false.

Pick one.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
you know it's possible to revolt due to abuses of power, particularly raping little boys and still be an imperfect organization where abuses sometimes happen, right?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Wylted
where abuses sometimes happen, right?
Be more clear about your claim. Are you talking about abuses by individuals that are part of certain movements but are acting on their own or are you talking about abuses that occur specifically because of orders given by the leaders of said movements?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Wylted
Bump?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Fine, I'll take the hint.

Be more clear about your claim. Are you talking about abuses by individuals that are part of certain movements but are acting on their own or are you talking about abuses that occur specifically because of orders given by the leaders of said movements?
Some abuse was individual choices, Like the rape of young boys. Others are systematic like the Americans turning a blind eye. 

Others were a more extreme form of systematic corruption. Like Afghanistan's poppy fields being used for recreational drug manufacturing by the United States. 
Wylted
Wylted
Opium production rates under US occupation 

Wylted
Wylted
One of the reasons the taliban is coming to power, is now that the United States is not protecting opium fields, they will be able to take production of opium to zero and end their drug problem. https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/taliban-afghanistan-drugs-heroin-ban-b1905589.html

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Wylted
You said: It's possible to revolt due to abuses of power while being an imperfect organization where abuses sometimes happen.

I asked: If that's the case then should we expect these abuses 'that sometimes happen' (yes, the part of your post I quoted was the part I was responding to) to be systemic in nature?

You responded: By ignoring my query and looping back to the beginning of the thread rather than advancing the conversation.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I asked: If that's the case then should we expect these abuses 'that sometimes happen' (yes, the part of your post I quoted was the part I was responding to) to be systemic in nature?
It's because I was addressing your hidden premise. I think it depends though. These abuses that sometimes happen will probably be split into rare occurrences and systematic things. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Wylted
split into rare occurrences and systematic things. 

Then to get back to the point, what you are asking in post 8 is whether I think it is possible that a group revolts because of abuses by the in-power group (as opposed to making such abuses their excuse in propaganda for a revolt that occurs for other reasons) yet still causes intentional systemic abuses to occur.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
as opposed to making such abuses their excuse in propaganda for a revolt that occurs for other reasons)
If it isn't because of  systematic abuse, especially when it comes to american troops literally protecting poppy fields and turning a blind eye to child molesting, than in order to believe it is something else, you should give your theory,, so we can analyze whether it makes more sense.. 

RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman

Think before you take a side.
Wylted
Wylted
I think RM is saying don't take sides because both sides are evil. However one side is clearly less evil
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
The taliban is evil and backed by China and Russia. Just stop your nonsense conspiracy theory and realise the actual conspiracy theory that's actually true and backed even by official news sources in both India and Pakistan.