To those who think BLM haven't changed anything and that 'it hasn't happened since the slavery days'

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 41
RationalMadman
Debates: 566
RationalMadman
Not nearly as misinformed as the readers of the article with zero info from the other side of the story.
As I said:

Fuck the other side, they're rich and powerful enough to get their side heard of they had an iota of defense worth publishing.
Show me either the 'other side' or a single reason why they're too financially or socially incapable of getting their side heard.
dfss9788
Debates: 2
dfss9788
-->
@RationalMadman
LOoK aT yOu, dfss, the one to go 'huh a dumb jury said it, it doesn't matter' when a woman was going to be literally killed and trapped in a cell losing several years of her life branded as a baby killer because of a misinformed, potentially racist all-white jury and the verdict they gave her.

What is most unforgivable is that you sit there on some fucking high horse about hearing the other side when that's the very thing they never did to her in the first place. Fuck the other side, they're rich and powerful enough to get their side heard of they had an iota of defense worth publishing.
Grow up

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@RationalMadman
they have not only helped others in this exact way
There are certain people that simply won't come around no matter what, it would be more efficient to focus on people that are genuinely on the fence and potentially able to be convinced. I think Oromagi is correct in saying that this would be more easily accomplished by directly showing the "others helped in this exact way" that you speak of.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@dfss9788
Lmao to my entire reply to you all you have to say is 'grow up'. All you had to say about the entire article is 'what about the other side'? They even mention how utterly simple-minded the 'other side' was even afterwards. The verdict was given by a guy who was deadset on giving the death penalty to all those who harm children, he didn't even think to imagine the argument that the lawyer was giving him was that she, in fact, had not been the original harm to the baby that had an extremely rare, fatal kidney condition that was only treatable if at all if you already knew he'd have it.
dfss9788
dfss9788
-->
@RationalMadman
Actually the article had this and I missed it:

"I have very, very strong feelings about this. By golly I lost this thing. But I am going to tell you every son of a gun that kills a baby in (my district), I am going to ask for the death penalty in every one of them."

The former District Attorney claimed the case had been influenced by 'myths and fables since it was tried'.

He added: "It has gotten all garbed all the way down the line. It has been one of those situations where nobody wants to pay attention to the facts."
It's not much arguing of the evidence there. The article also says:

Sabrina was finally exonerated in her retrial - and she had to fend for herself in county jail during this time.
This is misleading. Not guilty verdict doesn't establish innocence. In the Sabrina case there was a separate, later proceeding where she actually proved that she did not do it. The later proceeding is far more significant in establishing innocence. It is not mentioned in the article. I infer that it happened on account of the restitution paid by the state because to get that compensation you have to prove innocence under the statute.

Relating this to your original claim about BLM - This defendant was acquitted on December 17th, 1995. I don't think BLM was even around back then. So, they don't deserve any credit for this.

dfss9788
dfss9788
-->
@RationalMadman
I have successfully debated the value of Black Live Matter but you can't credit BLM with this win.
I'm not.
Thread title:

To those who think BLM haven't changed anything
It looks like you were using this article as evidence that BLM has changed things. Then you say that you were not crediting BLM for her acquittal. I lack the credulity to believe such things.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
When I see rational well educated blacks debating all these white liberal/marxist BLM and CRT activists, it makes me ashamed that they have to remind White people why it's a really bad idea to have policies based on skin color. Perhaps we need an era of Leroy Crow to drive the point home.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
Perhaps we need an era of Leroy Crow to drive the point home.
What would that look like ?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
CRT fully implemented as systemic racism.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
CRT fully implemented as systemic racism.
Why am I not afraid of this ?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@dfss9788
When you quote the title, quote all of it. :)