Author: Earth

Total: 16
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
Town wins.

Mafia

Robin - SupaDudz

You are Robin! Found in a field by Chrom and his Shepherds, a small band of fighters that fight for the people of Ylisse. After fighting off a bandit attack, you join the Shepherds. Among your repertoire is the ability to view your enemies stats and skills. Thus, you are the 2x ROLECOP. During the night, once during the game, you may learn the role of a player of your choosing. You win with the Mafia.

Kostas - Polyglot

You are Kostas! You are a common bandit caught up in a grander scheme and was killed. Due to your expendable nature as a pawn, you are the Mafia Goon! You have no special powers, but you may carry out the mafia night kill. You win with the Mafia.

Town

Roy - Disci

You are our boy Roy! Many only know who you are because of your presence in Smash, and not very many people outside of Japan played your game, Fire Emblem Binding Blade . Sadly, you weren’t a very good unit in Binding Blade, therefore you are a Vanilla Townie. You have no night ability, but you may influence the game with your voice and vote. You win with the Town.

Eirika - Lunatic

You are Eirika! You are the twin sister of Ephraim. As the princess of Renais, you had to flee when Grado invaded. Ephraim taught you how to fight, but otherwise you don’t do much. Thus, you are a Vanilla Townie. You have no night ability, but you may influence the game with your voice and vote. You win with the Town.

Micaiah - ILikePie

You are Micaiah! Due to your unique magical powers, you have the ability to heal wounds without the aid of a staff. However, this causes physical strain on your body. Thus, you are the bodyguard. Once a night, you may target a player to protect them from lethal actions at the risk of your own life. Every time you save someone from death, you have a 50% chance of dying instead. You win with the Town.

Lyn- Whiteflame

You are Lyn! Once just a nomadic girl living alone in the plains of Sacae, you join Eliwood and Hector’s band of soldiers in their fight against the Black Fang. During this campaign, you track the Black Fang to one of their hideouts later in the campaign. Because of your nomadic life, you are the Tracker. During the night, you may target a player and learn who that player targeted. You win with the town.

Marth - Wylted

You are Marth! You are Fire Emblem’s first protagonist. The prince of Altea, you eventually defeat the evil Medeus and save humanity. Well liked in game and in real life for your classic character, you are the Innocent Child! At the start of DP3, you will be mod confirmed as Town. You win with the Town.

MVP: whiteflame

So that was a game. I suppose for my first game modding, it went decently well I hope. Whiteflame carried town and inactivity plagued the game. Theme was characters from before Awakening (Town) and characters from Awakening beyond (Mafia). I didn't fully read the days, but it seemed no one really wanted to discuss what the theme might be. I know I said I dislike using themes to sus out mafia, but I would at least give it a passing thought. As for balance, I would probably limit Tracker to something like odd night or 2x or whatever. There wasn't really much point in the BG role, so I might as well made it a 2x doc. Also Mafia probably needed a 1x roleblock. Still, I think Mafia had a pretty clear path to victory.  Looking forward to feedback. I already started writing my next game, so hopefully that one is better.

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Earth
Yeah, I thought to do some theme analysis later in, but by then I had much more solid info to go off of.
Earth
Earth
-->
@whiteflame
So what were your thoughts on the balance?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Earth
If Poly hadn’t made himself obvious, I think this would have come down to how well I picked my targets. That’s fine, especially considering that scum didn’t have that much to work with themselves. I would agree with you that I’d convert the strong BG into a Doc or a JK, something that could provide consistent protection and not result in a successful NK, with the JK providing some added utility. The DP3 Innocent Child didn’t seem particularly important, though that may have depended on who got it and how they behaved.

Apart from that, I don’t know if I would have gone with the Role Cop, doesn’t help scum out much. Might give them an RB instead or a redirect.
Earth
Earth
I probably would give mafia a strongman imo. In addition to what you said. Although Strongman plus RB seems overpowered.
Earth
Earth
Maybe a JOAT with RB, Strongman, Rolecop would work for mafia.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Earth
Maybe a JOAT with RB, Strongman, Rolecop would work for mafia.
Could see that working.

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Wylted
@Vader
@ILikePie5
@Polyglot
Endgame's up.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
@Discipulus_Didicit
Endgame's up.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
Thanks for telling me this with no prodding on my part. Fun game
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Yup good game
Polyglot
Debates: 0
Polyglot
I’m bad with fake claiming smh. Kind of panicked and chose any role I could think of. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Polyglot
Yeah, you panicked in more ways than one, but that was easily the most obvious. I'm not one to talk because I've had some pretty terrible claims as scum, though this was pretty bad.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Earth
I didn't fully read the days, but it seemed no one really wanted to discuss what the theme might be.
Personally I tend not to do this because it usually doesn't help town as often as it leads down rabbit holes of red herrings imo. Others probably didn't due to lack of theme knowledge.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Earth
Still, I think Mafia had a pretty clear path to victory.
5 v 2, mislynch on DP1 would have been instant LyLo. So yes definitely agree here.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Polyglot
I was at college but you did a fine job. The claim was bad but your play wasn't terrible by any means. The activity really killed you