Pettiness from extremists

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 66
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
Liberals: One black person dies from the cops a day.  We must be tougher on who gets to be a cop.

Conservatives: One person dies from a terrorist attack in the US every week.  We need to be tougher on Muslim immigrants.

Me: WE ARE ALMOST $30 TRILLION IN DEBT!  This is a bigger issue than both of these combined!
drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
enlightened centrist
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@drlebronski
I would say I'm an independent, not a centrist, at least for now.
MarkWebberFan
Debates: 2
MarkWebberFan
-->
@TheUnderdog
I believe that's called a sigma.

You live outside of the normal hierarchy. Now all you need to do is be rich.

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@MarkWebberFan
No, no, he doesn't have to be rich. Just look at the Buddha.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@MarkWebberFan
What's a sigma?
MarkWebberFan
MarkWebberFan
-->
@Intelligence_06
Well, Buddha was a lone wolf. For Underdog, I don't think he resembles anything like the Buddha. I'd like to think that the mere fact that he's surrounded by beta liberals and beta conservatives positions him as a polar opposite to any Eastern Philosophy. 

Here is a more apt example illustrating who TheUnderdog truly is (especially when he's surrounded by betas):

At least, that's how I see him whenever he makes these kinds of threads.
MarkWebberFan
MarkWebberFan
-->
@TheUnderdog

Look at my most recent video link. That should give you a clue. It's a meme.

In all seriousness, I don't know much about sigmas. I read a post about wylted bragging about how Sigma Biden was and I went into my usual internet over-indulgence of memes.
Nyxified
Debates: 21
Nyxified
-->
@TheUnderdog
I don't think either of these are extremists

U.S. debt to GDP ratio was ~108% in 2020. While this is a problem, I don't see why we can't tax the 1% and use the money to overhaul our system of policing or anti-terrorism, since neither of those seem to be working.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
lol this guy thinks that everyone else is wrong and that he is the only enlightened genius destroying everyone with facts and logic
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
Wow, debt is more important than people dying. WtF is wrong with you?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Nyxified
U.S. debt to GDP ratio was ~108% in 2020. While this is a problem, I don't see why we can't tax the 1% and use the money to overhaul our system of policing or anti-terrorism, since neither of those seem to be working.
To fix the debt, I propose replacing the income tax with a sales tax and a capitol gains tax, and increasing the number of taxpayers of the US as much as we can.  Paying off the debt will be easy.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Both parties suck and their members are partisan hacks who will believe anything their party tells them without thinking for themselves. 

Democrats are the party of tolerance (until you decide to open carry an AK 47, be mask less, or be without a vaccine.  Then they will not be tolerant.  They will justify this using some weird logic, but in the end they aren't being tolerant of your life choices.)

Republicans are the party of small government (until a republican president decides to wage a war in the name of, "stopping terrorism", or when they decide to bootlick law enforcement, or when someone tries to enter the country without papers.  Then the GOP is all about maximizing the size of government).

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Wylted
A $28 trillion debt is a bigger problem than 1 death from terrorists a week and I think most people can agree here as human life is not priceless as nothing that lasts a temporary amount of time has infinite value.  Otherwise, it would be morally justifiable to make the speed limits on highways 10 mph (if it saves JUST ONE LIFE).

In reality, people see past this and realize that the economic security of not being $28 trillion in debt, the economic freedom of not having to pay for others, and social freedom of getting to go fast are all legitimate tradeoffs to saving as many lives as you can.
RationalMadman
Debates: 569
RationalMadman
OH NO!

You're so smart. Wow. Damn.

Zero income tax, sales tax (what do you think VAT is?) ohhhhhh genius capitol gains tax!

YOU SCHOOLED BLM AND FAMILIES AND FRIENDS OF VICTIMS OF TERRORIST ATTACKS!

WOW!

Fucking hell, that was beautiful. You inspired me.

Incredible. To think you're the underdog around here.

Fascinating.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@TheUnderdog
  • In reality, people see past this and realize that the economic security of not being $28 trillion in debt, the economic freedom of not having to pay for others, and social freedom of getting to go fast are all legitimate tradeoffs to saving as many lives as you can.

It's literally a debt based economy. Have you not watched zeitgeist 
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Wylted
Have you not watched zeitgeist 
I have not.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@TheUnderdog
watch it, but ignore the ignorant shit like them dismissing religion because of parallelism 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheUnderdog
Both parties suck and their members are partisan hacks who will believe anything their party tells them without thinking for themselves. 

Democrats are the party of tolerance (until you decide to open carry an AK 47, be mask less, or be without a vaccine.  Then they will not be tolerant.  They will justify this using some weird logic, but in the end they aren't being tolerant of your life choices.)

Republicans are the party of small government (until a republican president decides to wage a war in the name of, "stopping terrorism", or when they decide to bootlick law enforcement, or when someone tries to enter the country without papers.  Then the GOP is all about maximizing the size of government).

Yes the democrat position can be explained by the tolerance paradox as well. They are not tolerant, they hate you

The republican says its for small government but it shouldnt. Fuck small government, i want authoritarianism :)
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Wylted
i used to like zeitgiest but now i realize how unrealistic and stupid it is, 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Dr.Franklin
They are not tolerant, they hate you
How is that a paradox? One can tolerate what they hate.

I am curious though, why you Republicans think that someone who is for tolerance should 'tolerate the intolerant acting on their intolerance' in order to push forth the tolerance-agenda. In the end the bigger paradox and hypocrisy would be tolerating said intolerance, surely you do see that.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@RationalMadman
the democrats do not tolerate republicans. 1 in 5 say your evil for your beliefs
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Dr.Franklin
And if the beliefs and actions are evil, is that correct?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@RationalMadman
i suppose, but it goes to show how the left literally hates you and wants your life ruined while the right is still saying "compromise","unity","this is america" type BS
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Dr.Franklin
The right is full of shitheads that bully and even maim people for their ethnicity and creed and refuse to have it branded as a hate crime.

It's also full of psychopathic corporate manipulators of the media who have convinced you that they're actually left-wing marxists. It's fucking ingenious.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@RationalMadman
stop the lie, you are talking about a small minorty, im talking about 20% of all democrats in this country that HATE YOU for simply being conservative
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Dr.Franklin
That's a minority too, 20%.

Now, elaborate on what a Conservative is. Then you'll realise why the resentment is there.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@RationalMadman
no, your talking about a very small people-like 10 people, im talking about millions
Mesmer
Debates: 0
Mesmer
-->
@TheUnderdog
Liberals: One black person dies from the cops a day.  We must be tougher on who gets to be a cop.

Conservatives: One person dies from a terrorist attack in the US every week.  We need to be tougher on Muslim immigrants.

Me: WE ARE ALMOST $30 TRILLION IN DEBT!  This is a bigger issue than both of these combined!
I'm going to unpack the "Liberal" and "Conservative" views.

The "Liberal" notion that black people are dying unjustly at the hands of police is data ignorant and dead wrong. Blacks (whilst unarmed) are killed by police roughly 48 times per year. Compare this to the weather (187), accidental drowning (591) and other Blacks killing them (2,570) On Racial Bias in Police Shootings | Ideas and Data (wordpress.com) . A police officer killing an (unarmed) Black person is one of the LEAST likely ways a Black person dies. We can add to this fact that when police officers do kill Black people, it's often justified as the Black person has lashed out in his/her resistance of arrest. For example, Rayshard Brooks decided to resist arrest and steal an officer's taser and tried to shoot officers with it. Still, Black people rioted because despite lethal force being justifiable, this is somehow "systemically racist". Also, data clearly shows that white officers are more hesitant and less likely to shoot a Black criminal, so this "Liberal" notion is wrong on that front, too On Racial Bias in Police Shootings | Ideas and Data (wordpress.com) . So, Blacks/"Liberal" people threatening to riot whenever there is a justified police killing of a Black person (i.e. legal self-defence), is a gigantic problem that undermines the police force and criminal justice system.

As for the "Conservative" point of view, Muslims don't assimilate into populations. Muslims tend to want Sharia and a caliphate wherever they go Muslim Beliefs About Sharia | Pew Research Center (pewforum.org). When you bring Muslims into your country, you're bringing in a population that will contest your systems -- that's a real reason to oppose Muslim immigration. Take into account the fact that Muslims are usually a race differing to yours, and that they'll block up and vote based on their race, and that's another reason not to let them in. As for the impact of Muslim terrorist attacks in the U.S, there actually aren't that many in total Terrorism in the United States - Wikipedia . Two Muslim terrorist attacks have cost the U.S. significant amounts, around $3 trillion for 9/11, and $800 million in the other WTC attack The 10 Most Expensive Terrorist Attacks In History | TheRichest . You could argue that the fear is a factor, and that's difficult to quantitatively measure. If the U.S. would just stop bombing and attacking Muslim Middle Eastern countries, perhaps Muslims wouldn't feel inclined to retaliate with terrorist attacks. So, Muslim immigration is actually a problem for any (non-Islamic) country, and the "Conservative" viewpoint is an issue, too.

Thus, the "Liberal" issue is provably a non-issue. "Liberals" become a problem when they riot about this non-issue. The "Conservative" issue is real and is compounded by Muslims not integrating into your countries.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Systemic racism is real but assimilation of Muslims towards a 'Western' culture is dependent on them and the community within that culture. It's neither a definitely yes or definitely no type thing. They do assimilate though, just not always.