Why I support MTG for president

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 15
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
Margorie Taylor Greene is one of the few republicans that don't take corporate money so she's not curropt.

I also give AOC credit for not being curropt, but I don't like her stance on UHC so I don't support her.

MTG believes in some crazy ideas like she supports Qanon, and I don't think this is a plus, I'm just willing to overlook it if she's not curropt.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
President? I don't think someone who believes in Qanon and someone who is actively homophobic and transphobic would make a good president for the US. 
dustryder
dustryder
Personally, empathy and intelligence are some of the characteristics I look for in a leader. Unfortunately MTG is critically lacking in both.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Intelligence_06
LGBT issues aren't a big voting issue for me.  Since she's not curropt, I'm willing to overlook her strange Qanon beliefs.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@dustryder
I'm sure MTG has empathy, just not as much as the typical person.

For instance, in my book, anyone who for example wants a murderer punished has empathy for the victims of the murder.

But most "empathetic" politicians are curropt and I don't like that.
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@TheUnderdog
Margaret Taylor Greene for president?! 

Eek. 
drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
underdog you really need to research your politicians more.

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@TheUnderdog
Margorie Taylor Greene is one of the few republicans that don't take corporate money so she's not curropt.
False.

MTG believes in some crazy ideas like she supports Qanon, and I don't think this is a plus, I'm just willing to overlook it if she's not curropt.
I've just addressed these claims here:  https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/6687/post-links/286838

Greene is not only quite corrupt herself but quite corrupting of all the important values that make a Democracy work.   She not just unqualified, she's anti-qualified. Every quality that an American would want in a President, Greene works to undermine and destroy- truth, equality, justice, future vision, balanced perspective, good communication, personal integrity, cooperation.  Greene is a fucking disaster in any elective office and I am ashamed that she calls herself an American.

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@TheUnderdog
It never ceases to amaze me how aware people are of the fact that POTUS is quite possibly the most difficult, demanding, and consequential job in the world, yet how little qualifications, abilities, and experience many are willing to accept in the person they think should should hold that job.

MGT is in her 40’s I believe, and just now, for the first time in her life (allegedly) understands that the Holocaust was bad. If someone like that interviewed for to be a grocery store manager you would probably throw their resume in the trash and burn it. But you think she should be the leader of the free world? It’s a literal joke.
dfss9788
Debates: 2
dfss9788
-->
@Double_R
just now, for the first time in her life (allegedly) understands that the Holocaust was bad.
I heard that she kept saying thinking the congress members were required to swear on the Christian bible to be sworn in to office and also believes Qanon conspiracy nonsense. These things suggest a belief formation process. She is not fit to be POTUS.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@dfss9788
I wouldn’t hire her to run a hot dog stand. To claim she should be POTUS puts you in flat earther territory. It’s just stupid.
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
-->
@Intelligence_06
Is that what makes a good President? Sucking up tp all the perversions that humanity can create? All I care about is fiscal policy, foreign and policy and immigration. Those three alone affect my life dramatically. All the other shit is just that shit for the whining of America to complain about and be used to marginalize and divide people.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
This is the second thread I have seen from you where you consistently spell corrupt as curropt, meaning it's not a mistake, you believe the word should be spelled that way. I am curious as to why.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
MTG for President? Slamdunk 'hell no' for me, not even a second thought about it.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheUnderdog
Republican party leaders linked to the White House helped boost the primary campaign of a QAnon supporter with a history of making racist and bigoted statements, campaign finance filings show.
Marjorie Taylor Greene’s victory in the 11 August primary runoff for Georgia’s 14th congressional district all but assures that a backer of the baseless and antisemitic QAnon conspiracy theory will be elected to Congress in November. Her primary opponent, John Cowan, ran as a pro-Trump, pro-life and pro-gun conservative.

The filings reveal donations from:
  • groups connected to the White House chief of staff, Mark Meadows, and his wife,
  • the chairman of the board of prominent conservative think tank the Heritage Foundation,
  • the attorney who represented “Covington Kid” Nicholas Sandmann in defamation suits against the Washington Post and CNN,
  • and multiple Republican mega-donors.
Meadows was given the opportunity to disavow or denounce QAnon in multiple television interviews on Sunday, but he demurred, claiming not to know what it was.
“Getting involved in a primary on behalf of an absolutely insane, conspiracy-minded, explicitly racist candidate in a seat that is reliably conservative is mind-bogglingly irresponsible,” said Tim Miller, a former spokesman for the Republican National Committee who is now political director for Republican Voters Against Trump.
“This is how you signal to the Trump base, ‘We are with you. We are going to go along with the most radical, conspiratorial segment of the Trump base to show that you can trust us, that we’re not going to get ‘cucked’ by the media.’”

Greene has garnered significant media attention for her extraordinary support for QAnon, a baseless conspiracy theory rooted in antisemitic tropes whose followers believe that Donald Trump is waging a secret battle against a cabal of Democrats, celebrities and billionaires engaged in pedophilia, child trafficking and even cannibalism. The movement has repeatedly inspired vigilante violence, and has been identified by the FBI as a potential domestic terrorism threat.

In videos unearthed by Politico, Greene has argued that Muslims should not be allowed to serve in the US government, compared Black Lives Matter activists to neo-Nazis and the Ku Klux Klan, described the election of Congresswomen Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib as “an Islamic invasion”, and promoted antisemitic conspiracy theories about the billionaire financier and Holocaust survivor George Soros.

The Republican Jewish Coalition cited those videos, as well as Greene’s refusal to apologize for posing for a photograph with a “longtime white supremacist leader” in its decision to pick sides in a Republican primary and endorse Cowan.

As a blogger for a now-defunct website, Greene promoted QAnon as well as other fringe conspiracy theories, according to NBC News. Archives of the website show that she promoted conspiracy theories about a “Clinton Kill List”, about the 2017 gun massacre in Las Vegas, and about the murder of a young Democratic party staffer.
Madihha Ahussain, Muslim Advocates’ special counsel for anti-Muslim bigotry, denounced the “vile, false, violence-inciting rhetoric against Muslims” from Greene in a statement that also addressed anti-Muslim extremist Laura Loomer’s Republican primary victory. “A failure to disavow this anti-Muslim hate is an endorsement of it,” she added.
Some high-profile Republican leaders spoke out against Greene after Politico unearthed the videos of her making racist statements, and the political action committee (Pac) associated with Koch Industries, KochPac, requested a refund of an earlier donation. But campaign finance filings reveal that her campaign continued to be backed by major Republican donors and influential political leaders.

The Your Voice Counts Pac affiliated with Meadows first donated $2,000 to Greene’s campaign in March. Greene received further support from the Meadows family when the RightWomen Pac, whose executive director is Debbie Meadows, Mark’s wife, endorsed Greene and spent $17,500 to oppose Cowan in the runoff.

Greene also received significant backing from the House Freedom Fund, the Pac associated with the House Freedom Caucus, of which Meadows was a member before he was tapped as White House chief of staff. Meadows is still featured on the House Freedom Fund’s website. In addition to spending more than $30,000 on an independent expenditure campaign to support Greene over Cowan, the House Freedom Fund raised nearly $90,000 from its own donors, earmarked for Greene’s campaign.
These earmarked donations include $5,600 from Barb Van Andel-Gaby, the chairman of the board of the Heritage Foundation, an influential conservative thinktank. Van Andel-Gaby is also a director of the parent company of Amway, which was founded by her father with Richard DeVos, who was in turn the father-in-law of the US secretary of education, Betsy DeVos. Van Andel-Gaby’s husband, Richard Gaby, also donated to Greene’s campaign through the House Freedom Fund. Van Andel-Gaby did not respond to numerous requests for comment on her support for a candidate who supports QAnon.

Some of Greene’s donors are a touch ironic, given the QAnon movement’s preoccupation with baselessly accusing Democrats, Hollywood celebrities and billionaires of pedophilia and human trafficking.

Besides Meadows, the House Freedom Fund is also lead by Representative Jim Jordan, who has been dogged for years by allegations that he knew and did nothing to stop sexual abuse of student athletes at Ohio State University when he worked there in the 1980s and 90s. Jordan has denied any knowledge of the abuse.
Greene received $2,800 from John W Childs, the former chairman of JW Childs Associates who stepped down after being charged with misdemeanor solicitation in an investigation related to the suspected human trafficking sting that led to the arrest of the New England Patriots owner, Robert Kraft. Childs denied the charge at the time and said he had retained a lawyer. Kraft pleaded not guilty to two misdemeanor solicitation charges.

Greene also received $2,800 from L Lin Wood, the attorney who represented the British cave explorer Vernon Unsworth in his unsuccessful defamation suit against Elon Musk after Musk baselessly called Unsworth a “pedo guy”. Wood also represented the Covington Catholic student Nicholas Sandmann when he sued numerous media outlets for defamation over coverage of a viral encounter between Covington students and attendees of an Indigenous Peoples March.

Wood, whose Twitter biography includes a hashtag associated with QAnon, “#WWG1WGA”, declined to comment on his belief in QAnon, his view of other conspiracies Greene has promoted, or her history of bigoted statements. He confirmed the donation as a matter of public record and said he represented Greene, adding: “You would be wise to leave me out of your propaganda piece.”

Greene also received donations from major Republican donors, including Tatnall Hillman, who was described by Colorado Politics as “a secretive Aspen billionaire who annually makes multi-million contributions to Republican candidates”; Lenore Broughton, who was described by Vermont paper Seven Days as “a Burlington heiress with a history of funding conservative causes”, and Cherna Moskowitz, the head of the Irving Moskowitz Foundation and chair of the Moskowitz Prize for Zionism.
Almost all of the Guardian’s attempts to contact donors were unsuccessful. Greene received $5,600 from William Pope, chief executive of NCIC Inmate Communications, a private company that provides phone service to prisons. Asked about the donations and Greene’s support for QAnon, Pope responded by email, “Never heard of her!” He did not respond to follow-up questions.
 in San Francisco