Comedians Mafia Sign ups

Author: Lunatic

Total: 53
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
This will be a 9 player game. The game is specifically designed around that player count, so I cannot adapt for more or less. So hopefully this fills up. 

2 mafia vs 7 town. No fake claims will be given as this is a broad theme with thousands of fake claim options. There will be a theme split, mafia will be unaware of that split. I think it's a relatively easy theme split, not overly complicated. 

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Wylted
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
@Discipulus_Didicit
@drlebronski

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Earth
@Vader
@oromagi
@Speedrace
@Polyglot
sing ups!
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Ooh, I like the theme.

/in
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
/in
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
/in

A theme I don’t know much about again *sigh*
Lunatic
Lunatic

1. Whiteflame
2. Speedrace
3. iLikePie5

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
A theme I don’t know much about again *sigh*
You don't watch comedy!? I mean that explains some things ;-)

jk 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
You don't watch comedy!? I mean that explains some things ;-)

jk 
Half of em are liberal hacks. Plus it’s late in the night so I’m asleep 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
Half of em are liberal hacks. Plus it’s late in the night so I’m asleep 
Oh damn, you are deep in the right wing hole. My dad used to be like that. Wouldn't watch a movie that had an actor who was liberal in it. I remember he hated Ben Affleck with a passion. 

I get it. Famous people with differing view points don't really bother me that much, I like Dana White, Tom McDonald, and several other famous rich people who have opposing view points. As long as they don't have some view point that crosses the line morally, or is just incredibly stupid that is beyond forgiving, I will still watch them. While I tend to lean left socially and politically, I almost get more pissed off by ultra libtards like Brie Larsen then I do by  the dumbass redneck conservatives. I refused to watch Captain Marvel after she displayed her retarded views on gender equality. But she also isn't really an actor worth watching. Kind of like Kristen Stewart, just seems dead in the face and feels like she's reading lines on a paper/ 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
While I tend to lean left socially and politically, I almost get more pissed off by ultra libtards like Brie Larsen then I do by  the dumbass redneck conservatives. I refused to watch Captain Marvel after she displayed her retarded views on gender equality. But she also isn't really an actor worth watching. Kind of like Kristen Stewart, just seems dead in the face and feels like she's reading lines on a paper/ 
Captain Marvel getting bitch slapped by Thanos was the most satisfying moment in all of Marvel imo
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
teehee
drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
/in
Lunatic
Lunatic

1. Whiteflame
2. Speedrace
3. iLikePie5
4. drlebronski

Polyglot
Debates: 0
Polyglot
/in
Lunatic
Lunatic

1. Whiteflame
2. Speedrace
3. iLikePie5
4. drlebronski
5. Polyglot 

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
/in
Lunatic
Lunatic

1. Whiteflame
2. Speedrace
3. iLikePie5
4. drlebronski
5. Polyglot 
6. Superdude

Evilgenius
Evilgenius
.in
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Lunatic
Oh damn, you are deep in the right wing hole. My dad used to be like that. Wouldn't watch a movie that had an actor who was liberal in it. I remember he hated Ben Affleck with a passion. 

Hollywood is almost like 99% liberal. I would just have to avoid the TV, if I felt that way. 

Also

In
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Bill Maher was saying just last Friday that the reason the right wing can't do comedy is because liberals aren't funny but I don't think that's even close to true.  I think liberals are just as silly and misinformed and hypocritical as the right.  

The theatrical genre of Greek comedy can be described as a dramatic performance pitting two groups, ages, genders, or societies against each other in an amusing agon or conflict. Northrop Frye depicted these two opposing sides as a "Society of Youth" and a "Society of the Old." A revised view characterizes the essential agon of comedy as a struggle between a relatively powerless youth and the societal conventions posing obstacles to his hopes. In this struggle, the youth then becomes constrained by his lack of social authority, and is left with little choice but to resort to ruses which engender dramatic irony, which provokes laughter.
  • If comedy is always on the side of youth, as defined, than comedy is inherently more liberal.
  • Dramatic irony requires at least two version of the truth to be held up side by side and the humor comes from the failure of the apparent truth and the wisdom of the newly perceived truth.  Conservatives and right-wingers are inherently more concrete in their definitions and so less funny.  Its like that old saying that conservatives love their country like their mother while liberals love their country like a lover.  You can make fun of a lover but its seldom as funny to make fun of you mom.

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Lunatic
I'm volunteering at the Telluride Film Festival this week, so I am out.
Lunatic
Lunatic

1. Whiteflame
2. Speedrace
3. iLikePie5
4. drlebronski
5. Polyglot 
6. Supadudz
7. Wylted 
8. Evilgenius

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@oromagi
Ah darn
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
Bill Maher was saying just last Friday that the reason the right wing can't do comedy is because liberals aren't funny but I don't think that's even close to true.  I think liberals are just as silly and misinformed and hypocritical as the right.  

I feel like only the right can do good stand-up now. When you get people like bill burr, Dave Chapelle and other big names they all seem to have a conservative POV on stage, even if they are liberals. 

Meanwhile woke comedians are bombing. Amy Schumer for example is not even remotely funny. Which is wierd because she steals the routines of funny people, but she just can't perform those same routines well. 

Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy, Jeff Dunham, the people who actually make you laugh, just spout shit on stage that appeals highly to conservatives. 

The funniest liberal I like is Stephen colbert, but he doesn't really do stand up much. 

George Carlin is probably the funniest comedian ever and he is pretty anti establishment which is more appealing to conservatives. 

Norm Mcdonald is great and he clearly is conservative. 

Sitcoms now. Sitcoms are all liberal and it's why they suck now days. Saturday night live has not been funny since Chris Farley was on it, because it is just liberal propaganda now. Face it. Conservatives are funnier. 
Wylted
Wylted
Seinfeld was the last funny sitcom. No funny ones existed after that
XLAV
XLAV
-->
@Wylted
werent you banned lmao
XLAV
XLAV
Wait did they unban everyone so this site will get more traffic or something
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@XLAV
He was unbanned under the previous administration and once new moderation came in, his slate was wiped clean 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@XLAV
long time no see XLAV, want the last spot?