Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Does this imply God has a butt?
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot
Yes, remember that God was created in the image of Man.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Atheist take the Bible literally as fundamentals do, LOL.
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Greyparrot
Jesus is fully man as well as fully God. 

This means he has every part of a human including something to sit upon. 

Of course - sitting on  a throne - is both literal and metaphorical.   The Queen of England sits on the throne every second of every 24 hours.  Yet this is not the same as her sitting literally. 

I am not even sure that it every involves her literally sitting on a throne - maybe at her coronation. 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Atheist take the Bible literally as fundamentals do, LOL.
I always find that hilariously funny.

But maybe God has one of those ergonomically progressive thrones that allow Him to "sit" on His knees. (God has knees?)
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Tradesecret
Of course - sitting on  a throne - is both literal and metaphorical.
Nope. The Bible can only be literal. People back in biblical days had not yet invented metaphor. Ask any atheist.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
If a person wants to find god it will take a bit to navigate around all these religious groups. 

They painted God in like a billion coats .
Real real thick like.  
Upon a layer,  pon a layer.

Sooooooooooooooooo
Gods a man.
Grey long hair.
And lives up there. 
Up in the sky.  

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@ethang5
Was the bible wrote without the ummmmmm,  knowing of what happens in 2266. ?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Was the bible wrote without the ummmmmm,  knowing of what happens in 2266. ?
Yes. I think their omniscience lasted only until 2,264.

If a person wants to find god it will take a bit to navigate around all these religious groups.
Why? Does God reside inside a religious group?

But we can eliminate the non-singing religious groups right? That will make finding God easier, no?
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@ethang5
If you believe in god , you join a religious group.
No one in the history of living has believed in god and not been in a religious group. 

The bible shouldn't have a  ( USED BY ) date, but surly it needs a ( BEST BEFORE ) 

It is near impossible to eliminate religious groups. I can't think around em. Maybe Johnny can but .

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
If you believe in god , you join a religious group.
Is that your made up law or is the government about to start kicking down doors?

No one in the history of living has believed in god and not been in a religious group. 
Since omniscience doesn't end until 2,264, you might be right.

The bible shouldn't have a  ( USED BY ) date, but surly it needs a ( BEST BEFORE ) 
Before what?

It is near impossible to eliminate religious groups.
Why would you want to?

I can't think around em.
You can think?

Perhaps if you didn't park your circus on the Religion board, your brain cells would function again? Hmmm?
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Eliminate religious groups in the hunt for god. 
How else does one find out that we are here on earth for corn ? 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Eliminate religious groups in the hunt for god.
The hunt would be easier if you didn't keep obsessing on religious groups.

How else does one find out that we are here on earth for corn ? 
I'm open to hearing about your corn religion. It can't be any more loony than your obsession with groups that sing.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Greyparrot

Greyparrot,

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE: "Does this imply God has a butt?"

YES, Jesus as God does have a butt since He is considered to be the serial killer Yahweh God incarnate!

Another example of this fact is the following:  "And it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by. “Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen.” (Exodus 33: 22-23). Since we are made in the image of God (Genesis 1:27), then when Moses saw "God's backside," he saw God's BUTT!  

Castin
Castin
-->
@Greyparrot
Kanye had to come from somewhere.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
GOD is in your head Mr E, no?

GOD the idea is unavoidable.

So it is in my head too....It's just a different idea to yours.

Atheism and theism are separate ideas.....But obviously relative ideas.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Greyparrot

Lol, do you really want any answers?? ya know I don't mind looking like a nutter temporarily so that when some of you get a taste of the afterlife you don't feel like complete morons when you get there, unexposed and all. There's quite a bit of beautiful, yet usual things that take place in the heavens. Most humans have no idea what is even possible beyond the limits of the physical realm, what exists, in what forms, in what places ect ect. Physics change drastically outside of the rigid material world and the dynamics of what is really possible become more of a reality. Souls that have had spiritual encounters and those who have had an NDE or an OBE are forever changed by their perception of what exists and what may be possible.

Say....if you went to the Kingdom of Heaven as recorded in the scriptures of the Bible there would certainly be a throne room and an actual throne within what is described as a "city". Actually the river of life flows directly from the throne room right through the gardens of Heaven which is unbelievably beautiful, which is lined by magnificent trees like you've never seen before. There's a lot here on this planet of what we would see in the afterlife just on a greater, much more grand scale. So people might find it amusing that scriptures would suggest such things about God or the afterlife not knowing that this world mimics many things that were already in existence in other places.
There are many differences though, God is not a physical being with any human features, but then there are spiritual beings that have spirit bodies that resemble human form. They aren't limited like human bodies are even though they have likeness.
A throne room in Heaven!...this would be more like a power center, energetic spiritual amphitheater and focal point of energy of such an existent paradise where you would also see Jesus coming to and fro where a powerhouse/vortex of energy would flow from the presence of God (the Father), the being of Jesus, the saints and all sorts of angels out into Heaven and into parts of the physical world where this energy could be channeled. God doesn't have to have a butt to fill a throne room with presence, Jesus though does have an incarnated body where he has features what you would refer to as human form, albeit a spiritual form.

If you were to see the throne room of the Kingdom of Heaven if you were so lucky, you would see what would look like a massive confined point of light and energy emitting the most beautiful array of colors and power. It would certainly put you on your face in awe, as that power would shake you to your very core you could only collapse. Out of that magnificent light and energy you would see Jesus going into the Father and out of the Father where you could witness in Jesus something you could define and touch.
Jesus is the form of God you can talk to, feel and relate to. Known as the Son of the Father, the King of Heaven is a being that you can approach and learn from all things regarding you and creation. It's a shame that such marvelous places like Heaven get scorned and mocked without people knowing truly what reality is and what that entails.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
GOD is in your head Mr E, no?
No.

My brain is in my head. God does not exist between my ears. I'm not a liberal, so I know real things do not need my belief to exist.

I could disbelieve them, and they would continue to exist just the same. That little fact drives liberals into conniptions.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
"Conniptions"....Nice word and a new one to me.

Though I am neither liberal nor connipted.

I remain apolitical and equanimous.

In order for you to be able to transmit data, then said data must be formerly acquired and stored within your database.

Irrespective of whether or not there is an existent GOD, you are wholly reliant upon internal function.

No brain in Mr E.....Then no GOD for Mr E.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
I remain apolitical and equanimous.
Nancy Pelosi and Hitler think the same thing about themselves.

In order for you to be able to transmit data, then said data must be formerly acquired and stored within your database.
Irrespective of whether or not there is an existent GOD, you are wholly reliant upon internal function.
That is your belief, not fact. I wish you were able to comprehend the difference.

No brain in Mr E.....Then no GOD for Mr E.
Your "God" may be limited by the physical, mine is not.

For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.”Psalm 139:13-16 NKJV

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” – Jeremiah 1:5 NKJV

God knows me and loves me, and exists, and it has absolutely nothing to do with my brain or the data inside it. I love Him because He first loved me.
dfss9788
dfss9788
-->
@Greyparrot
Heaven needs regime change.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Mine is not.
Yep it is.

A GOD should perchance one exist....Might not be limited by the physical. (Not to be confused with a GOD principle)

But you most certainly are Mr E.

Mr E thinks, therefore he believes in a supernatural GOD.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
Mr E thinks, therefore he believes in a supernatural GOD.
My God is natural.

Please don't try now to move the goalposts. The question was not whether Ethan believes in God.

You said, "Irrespective of whether or not there is an existent GOD, you are wholly reliant upon internal function."

This is not true. My God is not limited by my limitations, regardless of how much the liberal in you believes his thoughts are reality.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Your specific personal GOD is wholly internal and therefore limited by your limitations....And sure this is a consequence of natural function.

But your internally limited assumption that an external GOD exists, is nonetheless based upon a belief in something not actually known to exist in nature.

Therefore your God is currently super-natural.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
I will just have to accept that you are convinced that your subjective perception is reality. No problem, reality doesn't need your agreement.

God will go right on existing regardless of your delusion.

19 days later

949havoc
Debates: 7
949havoc
-->
@Greyparrot
Yes, and Michelangelo painted it in its fleshed glory [a mooning, as it were] on the Sistine Chapel ceiling. It is said it was a specific message to Pope Julius.

131 days later

eventuality001
eventuality001
The  Throne  Of  God  described  in  the  scriptures  -    are  specifically  referring  to  the  character  and  attribute  of   how  God  is   interacting  in  judgment,  mercy,  justice  and  also  his  eternal  power.

not that God is seated or standing or rising up  from  his throne as  seating  like  a man    -   but   -  his spirit is coming down to earth and interacting with his creation -  his  throne  in  heaven  is  his  dwelling  place  and  his  throne  is  a description  of  his  power  and  authority .  

198 days later

Shila
Shila
-->
@Greyparrot
Throne of God.

It implies God used a toilet and even showed his glorified backside to Moses.

Exodus 33:18 Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.”19 And the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 20 But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”
21 Then the Lord said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. 22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”