Pokémon Indigo League Mafia - Endgame

Author: Polyglot

Total: 21
Polyglot
Debates: 0
Polyglot
Thanks everyone for playing Pokémon Indigo League Mafia. Welcome to the endgame.

TOWN WINS!!!!

Roles:

Mafia:
ILikePie5 - Giovanni: You are the leader of Team Rocket and are rarely seen, usually getting your workers to do your dirty work of stealing priceless Pokémon. You are The GODFATHER and will appear innocent on all investigations. You win with the Mafia. 

Whiteflame - Jessie + James: You are the Team Rocket Duo that is skilled at stealing Pokémon and evading being seen. Therefore you are  ROLEBLOCKER/ROLECOP combo. Each night you may choose to either  ROLEBLOCK a player and that character will not be able to use there role OR you may ROLECOP a player and you will receive that players role. You also have a 2X NINJA ability which you may use to modify your role and not be seen by any Trackers. You win with the Mafia

Town:
Supadudz - Ash: Your mission is to find and train Pokémon and be the best there is. Therefore you are the TRACKER. Each night you may choose a player and find out who they targeted in the night. You win with the Town.

Wylted - Brock: You are a well know gym leader in your city and help Ash along his journey to become a Pokémon master. Because you are well known and helpful you are the INNOCENT CHILD. You will be Mod-confirmed if you survive until DP3 You win with the Town.

Oromagi - Misty: You are mad at Ash for destroying your bike when you first meet and follow him around until he can repair your bike. You sometimes give advice and eventually become a friend to him. Therefore you are a VANILLA player. You win with the Town.

Drlebronski - Professor Oak: You help Ash along his journey learn Pokémon and give well needed advice. Therefore you are the ENABLER for Ash. If you die then Ash will also lose his role. You win with the Town.

Evilgenius - Gary Oak: You are a worthy opponent to Ash. However you rarely make an appearance during the indigo league Therefore you are a VANILLA player. You win with the Town.

Lunatic - Officer Jenny: You help solve crime in every city of the Pokémon world but not completely useful since Ash and his friends usually save the day. Therefore you are 3X COP. You can investigate a person any night and discover their affiliation. You win with the Town.

Earth - Nurse Joy: You help heal Pokémon in every city of the Pokémon world, but you only help Pokémon. You are 3X DOCTOR. You can choose a person any night and save them if they are targeted by the night kill. 

Discipulus_didicit - Mewtwo: You are a Pokémon that creates havoc during your first encounters with humans, however Ash shows you the true love between human and Pokémon and you eventually stop your destruction. Therefore you are the MILLER. You will appear guilty on all investigations. You win with the Town. 

MVP: Whiteflame - He did a great job basically going unnoticed up until the final Day Phase and playing very smart.

Thoughts:

My goal with this game was to get town focusing more on behavioral analysis by giving very few power roles and mostly vanilla or passive roles. 

With that being sad, I think we had very bad play from town. The mass claim made whatever power roles they did have essentially useless, and a further Lynch on drlebronski as Professor Oak wasn’t really the best choice. I definitely think drlebronski claimed his role to easily and had no need to initially. 

Mafia worked pretty well keeping the town guessing. They had good strategy and coordination in the Mafia PM. 
Polyglot
Polyglot
-->
@Wylted
@Vader
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
@oromagi
Endgame 
Polyglot
Polyglot
-->
@Earth
@Lunatic
@Discipulus_Didicit
@drlebronski
@Evilgenius
Endgame 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
GG, guys. For those who are wondering, yes, I really was traveling and, yes, I really was slammed on Monday (hence the delay in posting).

I agree with Poly that I think the massclaim was a mistake. Even with as many claims as we had up to that point, getting more just ended up dragging down town, since we didn't have to guess at anything. We also had our fake claims prepared well before that started, so you weren't hurrying us. That being said, it was really hard to figure out solid fake claims on this one. All the major roles were taken and Luna was smart to do the fake claim of Pikachu, really made the Charizard claim stand out. The Narrator wasn't completely out of left field, and I know that if someone had claimed that I had been town, I probably wouldn't have sussed it much.

Anyway, good job Earth for figuring it out in the end. Oro was right on the money in DP4 and had me utterly pegged by then. I think town was all over the place when it came to sussing in the first two DPs, though the lynch on Evil was warranted based on behavior and the plethora of vanillas. 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
GGs 

Not much we could do since claims were going to standout due to the cast.

And I agree with Poly. Game would’ve been over faster in towns favor without the mass claim
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
I will say that objectively I would’ve lynched Disc over me. That and not mass claiming were the objective truths I had this game
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@whiteflame
I agree with Poly that I think the massclaim was a mistake.
Both of the scum got a LOT of pressure for the weirdness of their fake claims so I am going to have to strongly disagree here.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I'd disagree that I got much pressure at all for my fake claim. It got noticed, but in the end, your claim got more attention than mine did. I do agree that Pie's claim got sussed hard and fast, though it only led to a lynch after you got the role claim, and I think you would have pushed for a claim from Pie after his behavior in DP1 without the mass claim.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Polyglot
The massclaim is what should have won the game for town. That was like most of the reason pie was lynched was because of his claim. And I had whiteflame as my cop target np1 based on his claim. I would have died np1 anyway most likely, so me getting killed as cop didn't matter. Especially when I was getting a 1 for 1 by revealing pie. Massclaim helped town out a lot here. There was some retarded lynches though, like the lebronski lynch.

Also oro was right in his analysis about why disc should have been pretty town lock. The fact that no one was even talking about bus theory  makes it absurd that he was even a lynch option at Mylo. Earth's play was down bad there. 

Good job to whiteflame for staying under the radar though. I think POE that stemmed from the early mass claim worked against you unfortunately  UT your claims were decent otherwise. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
Yeah, you copping me guilty would have ended this a lot sooner. In that sense, it could have worked out very well if others had similarly found the claim to be sus, so I'm not discounting the value of the massclaim entirely, just pointing out that within the context of this game and how it played out, it probably ended up doing more harm than good.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@whiteflame
Yeah, you copping me guilty would have ended this a lot sooner. In that sense, it could have worked out very well if others had similarly found the claim to be sus, so I'm not discounting the value of the massclaim entirely, just pointing out that within the context of this game and how it played out, it probably ended up doing more harm than good.
How did it do more harm then good? Supa was rendered useless because of the leb lynch, and earth was never supposed to claim his character truthfully, he just decided not to read the day phase lol
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
How did it do more harm then good? Supa was rendered useless because of the leb lynch, and earth was never supposed to claim his character truthfully, he just decided not to read the day phase lol
Well, I can't really say anything about Bron's lynch because his had more to do with the perceived oddness of his role, which shouldn't have been such a big deal and I agree that that lynch was BS (wouldn't have been on it if I'd been town). That much I wouldn't chock up to the massclaim. And yes, I would say that if Earth hadn't claimed truthfully (as both you and I were very clear he shouldn't), things might have worked out better, though I get the impression that any alternate claim (there weren't exactly a plethora of good choices) would have led to a wagon on him that would have either resulted in his being lynched or eventually claiming Nurse Joy defensively. Even assuming that he somehow flew under town's radar, Pie and I would almost definitely have singled him out.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@whiteflame
And yes, I would say that if Earth hadn't claimed truthfully (as both you and I were very clear he shouldn't), things might have worked out better, though I get the impression that any alternate claim (there weren't exactly a plethora of good choices) would have led to a wagon on him that would have either resulted in his being lynched or eventually claiming Nurse Joy defensively. Even assuming that he somehow flew under town's radar, Pie and I would almost definitely have singled him out.
You being able to single people out based on claims is the whole point though, because the idea is that by giving you 3-4 claims you can already start doing that more effectively. So the idea with the mass claim is to give town POE to work with as well, and it did. I wouldn't have tried to lead a lynch on pie otherwise.Also as I said pie I don't think a mass claim is right for every game, but I am going to start pushing ones in every game that town stupidly decides to start giving free claims in the beginning, as it was ultra helpful for scum hunting in this game. If town is going to freely help mafia anyways, we might as well try to even the playing field by giving POE to town as well. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
I see your point, though I don't fully agree with you here. Think I would have been against the massclaim if I was town as well, but maybe that's just me being stubborn.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@whiteflame
I see your point, though I don't fully agree with you here. Think I would have been against the massclaim if I was town as well, but maybe that's just me being stubborn.
I think it's the idea more than the practice. I get it. But we need as town to get out of the habit of requiring so many claims dp1. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
I am generally anti claims for the most part in regards to character. I believe it ultimately to be a net detriment to town. While it may have helped town here, note it also hurt town as well, as they knew your character and killed you in DP1 because of your claim and how Lunatic fake claimed Pikachu (which was a very solid play FYI). If scum were to claim less sus characters, I would say it's more of a detriment
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
But we need as town to get out of the habit of requiring so many claims dp1. 
Agreed.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
Supa i would have died anyway after pushing pie. Whiteflame was sprouting how it is wierd when I survive dp1 in the last game, he would have killed me anyway. I was expecting to die, but if we lynched pie it would be a 1 for 1 and worth it. You guys lynched leb for some dumb reason, but if we lynched pie dp1 it was hella worth it
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
I didn't even vote for Leb but I agree if we lynched Pie it would be
Evilgenius
Evilgenius
Well, lessons learnt lol ..
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
I was super busy with node war on BDO otherwise I would have pushed harder in the last hours