Comedians Mafia DP3

Author: Lunatic

Total: 34
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Dead players

Drlebronski- You are Louis CK! Louis CK was an amazing comedian, arguably one of the best since Carlin. Your humor, while often self deprecating, was relatable and absolutely hilarious. However after the media broke out with a story about you masterbating in front of women privately, you basically dis-appeared from the world and had a movie you were directing get cancelled.You have had minor appearances since then for local comedy clubs but will likely never be as big as you once were. You are a vanilla town member and can contribute with your voice and your vote. (Lynched DP1)

iLikePie5- ????- ????- ???? (Killed NP1)

Speedrace- You are George Carlin. Carlin was one of the greats in comedy. He wasn’t afraid to speak his mind both politically and philosophically during a comedy set. Even if the audience was completely silent during one of his rants, he never let it bother him, and never skipped a beat. He had a magical way of captivating his audience despite talking about things that were very controversial, in a time where most comedians were still using slap-stick humor. Carlin was a gem in his time, and when he passed, there was no replacing him. Unfortunately there are very few comedians as raw and authentic these days as Carlin was. Though many try to follow in his footsteps, we will never have another like him. You are the 1x Janitor. One time in the game you can janitor a player. You will receive their character and role, but it will be hidden from the rest of the town in the graveyard. Just like Carlin, that player will not be replaceable. You win with the mafia. (Lynched DP2)

Wylted- You are Dave Chappelle! Dave Chappelle has been around for a while, even had his own T.V. show. After a long Hiatus, he returned with a banger Netflix special that put him back into relevancy. Chappelle is constantly tracking what’s going on in the news, politics, and social issues and isn’t afraid to talk about hot button issues. Because you keep track of what’s going on in the world and aren’t just absorbed into the comedy scene, you are the tracker! Each night you can track a player to see who they visit. You win with the town. (Killed NP2)

Living Players

1. Whiteflame
2. Polyglot 
3. Supadudz
4. Evilgenius
5. greyparrot

With 5 players it takes 3 votes to achieve a lynch!

Day phase  3 will end 9/8/21 @  9:30 AM CST. 

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Greyparrot
@Vader
@whiteflame
@Polyglot
@Evilgenius
Dp3 is up!
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Alright, so we're at 4-1. We can execute 1 lynch without fear of a mislynch. Good position to be in for town.

I initially thought that Wylted was onto something, though with that flip, it's pretty clear that the split has nothing to do with cancel culture. George Carlin doesn't fit into his theme split. If George Carlin's on the scum team, then we're dealing with a split that looks like it involves older generation comics vs. newer generation comics, which was the split I was considering. That places Evil squarely in the crosshairs with his claim. The fact that Speed was on that lynch shouldn't give us pause, as this is hardly the first time that he has used an opportunity to bus his partner to clear his name, and he joined that particular lynch pretty late after there were enough votes to execute it in place. In general, as I've already pointed out, Evil hasn't looked particularly good all game behaviorally, and even his response to getting sussed was somewhat uncharacteristic.

But I'm not going to vote just yet. I'd like information first.

Supa, who did you Doc?

Poly, you clearly have some PR. Clarify what your role is and say what you did during the last NP. Also, clarify what made you think you were RB'd.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Vader
@Polyglot
Meant to tag you two on the previous post.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
I was roleblocked
Vader
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
Well not roleblocked, my action failed. That could mean a lot of things
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Vader
@Polyglot
Alright. That should mean that Poly's role went through. Poly?
Vader
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
I mean not in essence. My action could've failed for other reasons but I targeted Wylted 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Vader
So, to clarify, did you successfully Doc Wylted and that failed to provide him protection, or did you fail to Doc him? What were the contents of the message you received with regards to your action?
Polyglot
Debates: 0
Polyglot
My action failed in the night. I’m the watcher. The first night I watched Speedrace, the second night I watched Whiteflame. Both night my action failed.

I don’t know how both me and Supa could have or actions fail in the night given that there is only 1 scum player left

VTL Supa
Polyglot
Polyglot
-->
@Vader
I mean not in essence. My action could've failed for other reasons but I targeted Wylted
Seems like you anticipated my role not going through based on this statement. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Polyglot
My action failed in the night. I’m the watcher. The first night I watched Speedrace, the second night I watched Whiteflame. Both night my action failed.

I don’t know how both me and Supa could have or actions fail in the night given that there is only 1 scum player left

VTL Supa
Well, it's a bit unclear that Supa's action failed. Seems like he's saying that his action succeeded, but that it failed to provide Wylted protection. The Strongman could account for that. We know that your action failed during both NPs, so we can assume that you were the target of the RB, which the other scum has. We also know that the NK was executed by Speed, since the Janitor got used. It's possible that the other scum is a Strongman/RB.

That being said, while I understand your targeting me during the second NP, Speed is an odd choice for the first. Why him?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@whiteflame
I cant tell if it's poly or supa
Vader
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
What you said in that post
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Greyparrot
Suffice it to say that I'm trying to decide whether it's infighting among town or a discrepancy worth noting. A Strongman/RB isn't beyond the realm of possibility, and that would explain these results, even if it makes Poly suspicious.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@whiteflame
Although 2 things stick out..

1) Supa is still alive
2) Supa didn't immediately say who he targeted and had a rather quick correction immediately after he said he was blocked.

If I was town doc I would be providing exact information toward the late game, especially who I targeted, even if it was myself.
Polyglot
Polyglot
-->
@whiteflame
My strategy as watcher is to choose someone who I assume the mafia may kill. During DP1, my suspicions was mostly on Wylted, Greyparrot, and Supa. Speedrace didn’t really catch my attention at all. I assumed mafia might have gone for Speedrace during the first night kill so I chose to watch him. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@Greyparrot
To be fair, I literally woke up 30min ago to Wylted dead and nothing saying that my action failed
Polyglot
Polyglot
-->
@Evilgenius
Also want to hear Evilgenius thoughts.
whiteflame
whiteflame
Going to be judging a live debate for a bit here. I'll post after we're done.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Vader
I have seen strongman alot with doc setups... I just don't know why you thought it would be helpful for town to not say who you targeted. Scum either knows or doesn't care.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Greyparrot
I know, I realized that I should claim who I targeted but nothing did sadly
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Vader
You don't really have to convince me.. convince WF since he is going to be leading the lynch.
Evilgenius
Evilgenius
Still having issues with Supa .. firstly, you jumped on lynching Bron 
Secondly, on this DP you are flip flopping big time and giving lame excuses on why you did not say who you targeted. I guess you didn’t really care. That’s scummy af 

Vtl SUPA
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Wow, not even waiting for WF?

VTL EVIL GENIUS
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
UNVOTE...just gonna wait on WF
whiteflame
whiteflame
I really don't think it's either Poly or GP at this point. It's really a question of whether we should be sussing Evilgenius or Supa at this point.

I think both could be viewed as sus behaviorally. Each of them has jumped around quite a bit when it comes to who they sus and why. I outlined my issues with Evil's reasoning during the last DP, and those still stand out to me, though I agree that Supa wasn't any better, particularly in DP1.

When it comes to their claims, I'm sussing Evil more. It's not so much that he's Vanilla as that the absence of Supa from this game would mean the following:

1. Town doesn't have a protective role.
2. He claimed the sole protective role in DP1, before scum had a verified safe claim.
3. Town's only PRs are a Watcher and a Tracker.

I have a harder time believing that that's the case than I do that there are two Vanillas instead of three, especially given that, as the Innocent Child, I'm functionally Vanilla. I also don't see how Ken Jeong fits in with a theme split that includes George Carlin on the scum side. Maybe we should consider it niche enough to be a decently secure fake claim, though I will note that he basically committed to it during DP1.

On the whole, I'm just not buying that Supa is the more likely of the two, but even if he is, we're guaranteed another opportunity at a lynch during the next DP. At the moment, I'm putting my vote on Evil, though I'm willing to consider the hammer on Supa.

VTL Evil

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
VTL EVIL
Lunatic
Lunatic
"If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring?" "Pilgrims."

supadudz- 2/ 3- polyglot, evilgenius
evilgenius- 2/ 3- Whiteflame, greyparrot

Vader