Vote RM for President of DART

Author: RationalMadman

Read-only
Total: 35
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
I am aware I voted no to the Presidency thing. I understand how this looks but ultimately if it exists I am all for trying. I never once made a secret of my ambitions to be a moderator here, yet I accept that both due to aggression I had to a couple of users here early on and due to me being a social outcast amongst the 'clique' who are moderators, I'll never be one for the foreseeable future.

So, I want you to know what I can and will do for you if you put me in the president position and explain why I am better than almost anyone else who will run for it.

Defense Attorney Guarantee
I absolutely promise you that no matter what Chris, Supa, Ragnar, David or whoever does to gaslight or silence you if/when a ban heads your way and you speak harshly against it, I will both personally represent your case to them even if I disagree with you and think you earned your ban as well as to create a thread myself that they won't dare to close, about your ban for the community to discuss in.

To prove to you that I represented you, I will post captions from our conversations regarding your moderation to a thread I create after the verdict is finally given or they ignore me completely.

Politics/Religion and Bias worries

I identify as left-wing and religiously you could call me agnostic but really I have my own theory that is close to Taoist philosophy in its conclusions and the way I go about life.

I can't promise you that I am going to be completely immune of bias in terms of caring as much if someone who agrees with me is censored vs someone espousing views I disagree with and I think any other candidate who promises you that is not self-aware. 

What I can promise you is unless you have been particularly nasty to me personally, I'll unblock you and hear out why your particular censored content is wrongly treated that way. 

In cases of harassment and two-way bullying, I have never and will never just instantly say the left-wing person or less religious person is in the right. To me, BrotherDThomas is a much bigger issue to the website community than Ethang5 despite the former blatantly being an atheist troll guised as a Christian and the latter being an unabashed Conservative Christian.

I know what bias is and am aware I have it but I will do everything in my conscious power to correct it. If and when it does happen, I am open to criticism, it will be something I'll need to prove doubters wrong on. I'm not immune to it, I accept it.

My agenda

My primary agenda is to make DART more of a website I'm not ashamed to show off to my family and IRL friends or whatever. As it is now, it's bit of a cringey trollfest in many departments and it's not as much an issue that the trolls are active as it is that I feel not enough special events like debate tournaments and actual worthwhile threads are created and contributed to.

I am going to heavily ensure if someone is baited by trolls to overreact and then gets banned that such user doesn't need to operate here totally afraid and instead ensure that the mods see who the provoking member was and to put into context each post.

I also want to give tips and advise to users in situations that I, as an ordinary user, perhaps never get to hear about or see in a combination of private and public clashes. As you know, I support using the block function much more readily and without the shame that most do. I'd always advise that as a default but I am quite good at seeing situations from both sides and would give tailored advice to any user who is feeling targeted and doesnt know how to handle it without lashing out and who feels the mods don't care.

I want this website to be a pleasure, a website you open every other day excited to see what's being posted rather than worry which nuisance has posted and made you not bother to use the site anymore due to. Those who don't know what I am referring to or how it can be achieved without censorship are welcome to vote against me. Those who want to see if I live by my word, should vote for me and see.

I am not going to cower to Chris, Supa, Ragnar or any of them. I am my own person and my agenda is entirely independent of whatever their clique may approve or or laugh into silence. Whatever you want for the website or to get heard in your defebse, let me know. If you're banned and feel nobody heard your case out, I'm not entirely sure what to do yet as I am not keen to give an email nor would I regularly check one but eventually off-site communication can be arranged. At the moment the presently banned seem to all be severe cases. The only one I think actually could be overturned would be Type1 but that's without knowing when he'd next go wild. When he tries, he's an extremely active and entertaining member. When he doesn't try, he becomes toxic and stupid and I do think personally that he knows that but anyway, the rest I'm not sure about. They all seem legitimate permabans.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
RatMan? More like Trash Man

VOTE WYLTED FOR PRESIDENT OF DART (PART)
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Barney
according to the proposed rules, only one campaign thread is allowed. Please make sure if RM runs, any other campaign related thread is taken down.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Alright, nice toxicity guys lmao?

I made only one, Wylted already made his thread so that rule enforcement is easily going to backfire on him. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
And you need to change my username into a broken down rat man to diss it.

Wylted is pronounced the exact same as wilted. Don't even need to try. Shame really.
drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
ill probably vote madman depending on the other campaigns
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@drlebronski
For what reasons?

Thanks for your support. I'd appreciate reasons why you'd vote me and what it depends on, clarity helps voters decide, even ones who already support.
Wylted
Wylted
I'm not eligible to run according the rules proposed actually
Wylted
Wylted
Have you received either 2 bans in 2021 or have been banned for over 21 days RM? 

You may not qualify either. I was gone so did not track your bans

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
It is what it is, if they dismiss us based on that, it's a cowardly move. So, whatever happens I don't care either way. I was asked to try to run by another user here and I'm happy to do so. If I'm disqualified for an unjust ban, I'll support whoever I feel best can help the userbase in my exclusion.
drlebronski
drlebronski
-->
@RationalMadman
overall you seem like you would give normal users more power to fight back against their ban if it is unfair or unjust.

I absolutely promise you that no matter what Chris, Supa, Ragnar, David or whoever does to gaslight or silence you if/when a ban heads your way and you speak harshly against it, I will both personally represent your case to them even if I disagree with you and think you earned your ban as well as to create a thread myself that they won't dare to close, about your ban for the community to discuss in.

I am going to heavily ensure if someone is baited by trolls to overreact and then gets banned that such user doesn't need to operate here totally afraid and instead ensure that the mods see who the provoking member was and to put into context each post.

.......also who is type1?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@drlebronski
One of the first permanently banned users here. In terms of why he got banned, it was a justified reasoning and he went way overboard in his final days. I was saying out of the permanently banned, he's one of the only ones I feel had positives that could justify unbanning him, so as to show what I may consider overturning as President here.

At the moment, the users who were wrongly banned are all currently unbanned and still around or left the site for good despite being unbanned.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
You may not qualify either. I was gone so did not track your bans
It makes you wonder what this 'clean slate' promise that they make each iteration even means, they never stick by it.

The only way they justified my wrong ban was to dig into the past before the other iteration that also promise clean-slate, which even then was twisted and still had outright lies and ignored context.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I am still going to run, I want to be disqualified as a majority winner if it's the case. I encourage everyone who supports me to vote me, regardless of eligibility, and to state explicitly in the vote when making it for an eligible candidate that they'd vote for me instead if they could. It has to be proven objectively that I was robbed, if I was robbed.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Tf there’s no ex post facto?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
In my six-week ban it in fact was above 90% ex post facto, they had to do that after I destroyed all the justifications they brought post-facto of the David+Ragnar moderation era's beginning by solid reasoning and post-by-post addressing. They specifically had to dig deep into the past of me and Ramshutu to find a post that remotely could justify the ban which I had already gotten banned for 2 weeks for during Bsh1's era.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
To make it worse for them, DuhHamburgler (Mikal), Lunatic (TUF), Seldiora (now Gugigor) and all others they accused me of having harassed claimed to be anti-my-ban saying they didn't feel harassed by me in any way that could justify a ban. The mods had to desperately silence, sidetrack and avoid the gaping hole in their case against me, pointing out that I owed them for reducing my ban sentence to 6-weeks, having been banned for the 'harassment' of members who vehemently opposed my ban and called it abusive moderation.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Ragnar's favorite rhetoric tactic was to say RM did you make this post that RM made? oh look at me, I am so clever hehehehe it got childish and tiring to even bother addressing. 

I took my ban, came back and have since been reserved with my contributions, understanding that the first excuse these guys get they'll ban me. That's not how I want any other user to feel, I will make sure of it if I'm the President.
Mesmer
Debates: 0
Mesmer
-->
@ILikePie5
RatMan? More like Trash Man

VOTE WYLTED FOR PRESIDENT OF DART (PART)
Yeah anyone but RM really. RM would push for heavy censorship and he'd probably start doxxing and DDOSing people again (just like he did on DDO).

It's also hilarious that he said that you're being toxic when he routinely slanders, Ad homs and abuses people on here. He's so thin-skinned that if you give back what he dishes out, he cries and reports you -- not a trait you want for a prez.

RM is exactly the kind of authoritarian tyrant who you don't want to give any power to.

My vote is with Wylted atm.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
 start doxxing and DDOSing people again (just like he did on DDO).
I never ever DDOS'd, you can keep trying to bring up this 'past devil' argument about me but when you make criminal charges it's rather different.

If you are going to dig up my past, I should let everyone here know who you used to be too right? 

I will just let your lies stay there but I'm not gonna take a criminal charge. 
drlebronski
drlebronski

rethinking my vote because
 RationalMadman is 100% an anti-white Liberal/Progressive who might also be a Black supremacist (not surprising given where he lives -- probably doesn't want to get necklaced). If Oromagi, DoubleR and Reece101 are also White, they are also this kind of anti-white White people

/sarcasm btw
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He's so thin-skinned that if you give back what he dishes out, he cries and reports you -- not a trait you want for a prez.
I call you a racist, far-right troll. If that is something that is too much for you to take, it is you who is thin-skinned. I can objectively prove every aspect of me calling you that, correct, you call me things like 'little boy' and 'worst post in the thread' and other such things solely to aggravate and get a rise out of me. You do that to plenty of users, being as offensive and aggravating as you feel that you can get away with. If you are going to pretend our motives and frequency of such things are the same, then so be it.
drlebronski
drlebronski

My vote is with Wylted atm.
not suprising that youll vote an actual neo-nasi troll who said he would answer the jewish question if he got elected
Mesmer
Mesmer
If you are going to dig up my past, I should let everyone here know who you used to be too right? 
Only took him two minutes to threaten to doxx me LOL.

If you vote this insane authoritarian DDoser and doxxer into power, you deserve all the serious problems that result from that.

Vote Wylted or really anyone but this malicious crazy person lol.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@drlebronski
Don't take the bait too much, but yeah, Wylted's views are a bit worrying if that's a president of this website.

I'm not going to react much more than necessary to Mesmer, Wylted or anyone whose sole purpose is to get a rise out of me here. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I did not threaten to dox you, who you used to be means usernames on this website alone that you went by. None of which lead to your identity unless there's something I don't know about.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
You are talking about my past with false allegations. I am done replying to you but don't accuse me of criminal things. If you wish to talk of my past, people should know of yours too yes? That is what I asked you. I didn't threaten, I asked you about hypocrisy here.
drlebronski
drlebronski
i may run if the mods dont let you run
Mesmer
Mesmer
I can objectively prove every aspect of me calling you that, correct, you call me things like 'little boy' and 'worst post in the thread' and other such things solely to aggravate and get a rise out of me. 
But they do LOL. You are proving that me calling you a 'little boy' and saying your post was the 'worst post in the thread' upset you. That's the point!

Why would anyone want the prez to be so thin-skinned that he gets his panties so badly bunched over those comments? Seriously hahahahahahaha
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Mesmer
Watch him call us out when we spam the forums with negative comments about his admin if he wins