Author: Greyparrot

Total: 37
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
the link links to another article (US states that had some of the worst Covid-19 case rates in past week also reported the highest rates of new vaccinations)
ill assume thats a point against vaccines being effective

1.using any single week's data in a multiyear event as proof of a claim is cherrypicking. it is a form of dishonesty. you may use it for convenience in a quick statement in an inperson discussion, or to counter a direct claim about that specific week, but otherwise it is bad proof.

2.prior week vaccinations is horrible evidence for efficacy, and frankly just nonsense. what is relevant for vaccine efficacy is the rate of contracting the disease after vaccination as compared to the rate of contracting the disease without vaccination. prior week vaccinations is the rate of change of vaccination rate, and not the vaccination rate.

to put point 2 in other terms, people that got the vaccine a month or more ago should be counted in any consideration of whether a vaccine works, and yet this argument ignores them.

3. Vaccines dont take effect right away

4. Of course more people will get vaccinated if their area has the highest covid rates

triangle.128k
Debates: 0
triangle.128k
-->
@Greyparrot
It infuriates me to no end that we're still not back to normal when there's ample fucking evidence that COVID isn't that bad, such as this study. 

Once a disease breaks out, it's impossible to halt. Quarantines and lockdowns will only get you so far. Chickenpox and smallpox were considerably worse than COVID, yet there wasn't the same insanity of masks, online school, and social distancing that there is now. Even historical pandemic measures recognized that people shouldn't be treated like cattle in a cage and denied of social interaction.

COVID is literally just Flu+

Young people need no more precautions than washing your hands more often. That's literally it.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@triangle.128k
It's actually much milder on kids than other strains of Flu, but a bunch of teachers find it profitable to spread lies and call people that disagree "radical fascists"

It's particularly bad for obese people, but Fauci doesn't give a fuck about slowing the spread of obesity because there is no profit in that.

triangle.128k
triangle.128k
-->
@Greyparrot
It's actually much milder on kids than other strains of Flu, but a bunch of teachers find it profitable to spread lies and call people that disagree "radical fascists"
Got any more info on this by chance?

It's particularly bad for obese people, but Fauci doesn't give a fuck about slowing the spread of obesity because there is no profit in that.
I never work out, sit all day and do nothing, drink fluoride, eat soy and McDonalds for every meal, mentally brainwash myself with overstimulating media, and become fat from my horrible lifestyle.

Oh noooo man this COVID disease is really scary! Let's put a stop to civilization so it doesn't spread.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@triangle.128k

"Upon analyzing the data, the team found that the flu patients had higher hospital stays, higher rates of intensive care and ventilatory support, and higher mortality compared to COVID-19 patients. Steroid and oxygen use rates were also higher in the children hospitalized for influenza."

When you have extremely few deaths per million kids from Covid, this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone tracking the data.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@triangle.128k
3 states have no ICU beds left and all have ordered refrigerator trucks to store their dead bodies because the morgues are full. I don’t recall the last time the flu did that.

And this is despite at least a third of their populations being vaccinated, which has reduced hospitalizations and deaths for that part of the population by over 90%.

What do you have against reality?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Is there a point to your thread?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Double_R
Yes, his point is that vaccinations give you immunity.

(CNN) -- More than 80% of Americans 16 and older have some level of immunity against the coronavirus, mostly through vaccination

He is encouraging everyone to get vaccinated.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@triangle.128k
Young people need no more precautions than washing your hands more often. That's literally it.

Clueless ^^ again,  as the primary pathway of coVid2 contagion is aresol aka exhalation. 

Oh noooo man this COVID disease is really scary! Let's put a stop to civilization so it doesn't spread.

Clueless ^^ is most likely candidate to "put a stop to civilization " see end-date-for-humanity 2232.

Pi-time 66.5 * 3 { triangulate to-get-a-fix/location }, * speed of radiation, = human population on Earth 2015 { approx. }

Add in old indian saying that, humans need to consider the consequences of their actions 7 generations { 30 years approx  ergo 210 years} out = 2232.

The less complex organisms shall inherit the Earth. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
@FLRW
@Double_R
4,578,722 coVid19/2 and I guess that is since Jan 2020 --I dunno-- so maybe year and half total

If the below flu high value is doubled --ergo two years---   then that tally is 1,300,000 and that is less than the above Covid19 deaths.

..." COVID-19: Current COVID-19 deaths*

...Flu: The World Health Organization estimates that 290,000 to 650,000 people die of flu-related causes every year worldwide.
The COVID-19 situation is changing rapidly. Since this disease is caused by a new virus, the vast majority of people do not yet have immunity to it. Doctors and scientists are working to estimate the mortality rate of COVID-19, but at present, it is thought to be substantially higher (possibly 10 times or more) than that of most strains of the flu."...

vvvv for the map and no dots on Anartica and one little dot on Greenland. Interesing map, tho it is not FOX news map. 

And of course it appears that GP is on drugs since he is post references CNN and not Fox news info ;--)
949havoc
Debates: 7
949havoc
-->
@Double_R
I don’t recall the last time the flu did that.
You may not recall, but the history is clear and all it requires is asking a few questions.

The 1918 H1N1 pandemic, aka, influenza. Flu.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@949havoc
The 1918 H1N1 pandemic, aka, influenza. Flu
1918 was 102 years ago.

#18 ......" Doctors and scientists are working to estimate the mortality rate of COVID-19, but at present, it is thought to be substantially higher (possibly 10 times or more) than that of most strains of the flu."...

And now there is another new Covid2 variant ..." Sept. 2, 2021 -- The World Health Organization is tracking a new COVID-19 variant called Mu, which could be able to evade the immunity provided by vaccines and prior infections.
...The variant, also known as B.1.621, was first identified in Colombia in January. It has now been detected in 43 countries and was added to the WHO’s “variant of interest” list on Monday.

“The Mu variant has a constellation of mutations that indicate potential properties of immune escape,” the WHO wrote in its weekly COVID-19 update on Tuesday.'

Vaccines retard chances of covid2 variants and teh potential of even more severe variants --see 1918 influenza above--- to evolve. 

Thank God{?} we have the anti-vaxxers to keep humanity safe from any potential, and more severe ,covid2 variants.

End-date-for-humanity 2232. The less complex organisms shall inherit the Earth.

949havoc
949havoc
-->
@ebuc
End-date-for-humanity 2232.
curious that you cite sources for all points but this. Why?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@949havoc
curious that you cite sources for all points but this. Why?

I am the source.. Dumb-ass human barbarians are also the source of my source of speculation.

Ex. #13..."Thank God{?} we have the anti-vaxxers to keep humanity safe from any potential, and more severe ,covid2 variants."...
949havoc
949havoc
-->
@ebuc
Being the source, we need not take it as factual.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@949havoc
You may not recall, but the history is clear and all it requires is asking a few questions.

The 1918 H1N1 pandemic, aka, influenza. Flu.
Our medical capabilities are a little bit better today than they were in 1918.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@FLRW
Yes, his point is that vaccinations give you immunity.
That somehow doesn’t strike me as a Greyparrot topic, but if you say so…

triangle.128k
triangle.128k
-->
@Double_R
3 states have no ICU beds left and all have ordered refrigerator trucks to store their dead bodies because the morgues are full. I don’t recall the last time the flu did that.
Yeah man I'm sure states having stupid hospital infrastructure makes a flu with a 99.4% survival rate (assuming the official statistics aren't manipulated, which they are) such a super deadly disease.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Yeah man I'm sure states having stupid hospital infrastructure.
When the government is paying, you can be sure the hospitals are going to find warm bodies to fill the beds.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@triangle.128k
Yeah man I'm sure states having stupid hospital infrastructure makes a flu with a 99.4% survival rate (assuming the official statistics aren't manipulated, which they are) such a super deadly disease.
That’s why I didn’t bother with statistics, I gave you very simple facts, but even that was too much to process so instead you diverted your attention to blaming the “stupid hospital infrastructure”.

Let’s try this again. You said Covid is “just flu+”, thereby implying this is not serious. Do you believe that a disease that causes the ICU beds in multiple states as well as their morgues to overflow is serious? Yes or No?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@triangle.128k
Yeah man I'm sure states having stupid hospital infrastructure.
It's not even a state problem...it's like a few cherrypicked hospitals out of the millions of hospitals that have capacity problems, like no hospital EVER had capacity problems EVER before Covid19.... but yeah, never miss a chance to spook the herd so they don't see what Washington DC is doing. 

Gotta fill those hospital beds with frightened sheep to pay the yacht club dues.

Check out these fucking articles pre Trump. It's the same circus, different clowns.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@949havoc
Being the source, we need not take it as factual.

Huh, ^^ more evidence of clueless-ness.  GP, you need to get you flock of  morally superior monk a handbook on rational, logical common sense disscussion.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4,578,722 coVid19/2 and I guess that is since Jan 2020 --I dunno-- so maybe year and half total

If the below flu high value is doubled --ergo two years---   then that tally is 1,300,000 and that is less than the above Covid19 deaths.

..." COVID-19: Current COVID-19 deaths*

...Flu: The World Health Organization estimates that 290,000 to 650,000 people die of flu-related causes every year worldwide.
The COVID-19 situation is changing rapidly. Since this disease is caused by a new virus, the vast majority of people do not yet have immunity to it. Doctors and scientists are working to estimate the mortality rate of COVID-19, but at present, it is thought to be substantially higher (possibly 10 times or more) than that of most strains of the flu."...

vvvv for the map and no dots on Anartica and one little dot on Greenland. Interesing map, tho it is not FOX news map. 

And of course it appears that GP is on drugs since he is post references CNN and not Fox news info ;--)

949havoc
949havoc
-->
@Double_R
Our medical capabilities are a little bit better today than they were in 1918.
And yet, a preventable pandemic wasn't. Sounds like Faucci's hands are not exactly bloodless.

Too bad our politics do not not fare so well, either.
1918 - Wilson - promised to not get us into war, and failed.
2021: Biden - promised to get us out of a war, and failed.

Americans left behind enemy lines in both cases.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@949havoc
And yet, a preventable pandemic wasn't. Sounds like Faucci's hands are not exactly bloodless.
What is this supposed to mean? Do you think Faucci deserves blame for people dying in a pandemic?

2021: Biden - promised to get us out of a war, and failed.
Last I checked we were out of war 

Americans left behind enemy lines in both cases.
There are Americans in every country on earth, did you really think every one was going to get out? This is such a tired right wing talking point.

949havoc
949havoc
-->
@Double_R
Do you think Faucci deserves blame for people dying in a pandemic?
You have to ask? Yes.

Last I checked we were out of war 
He promised to get all Americans out. Fail. He never promised to get all equipment out, and did not. Fail. 

did you really think every one was going to get out?
I realize there may be Americans who don't want to get out. , and not much can be done about that. But, private individuals are doing the DOS job, getting Americans who want to get out out, and DOS is trying to block that. Why? Fail.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@949havoc
I realize there may be Americans who don't want to get out. , and not much can be done about that. But, private individuals are doing the DOS job, getting Americans who want to get out out, and DOS is trying to block that. Why? Fail.

DOS says it's too risky to rescue the Americans left behind. Sounds legit.
949havoc
949havoc
-->
@Greyparrot
Too risky? Uh, huh, a likely story. But that's not what Biden promised, is it? So, he 's not talking to his DS, is he? He said all would be taken out before the military left, Fail.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@949havoc
Maybe the optics are risky I guess. But that's politics.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@949havoc
Do you think Faucci deserves blame for people dying in a pandemic?
You have to ask? Yes.
Could you elaborate? What did he do that contributed to the deaths of Americans?

He promised to get all Americans out. Fail.
Ok, so you began with "[Biden] promised to get us out of a war, and failed" and are now moving the goal posts to "Biden failed because he failed to get all Americans out". Noted.

I realize there may be Americans who don't want to get out. , and not much can be done about that. But, private individuals are doing the DOS job, getting Americans who want to get out out, and DOS is trying to block that. Why?
Did you bother googling it to find out?

“Without personnel on the ground, we can’t verify the accuracy of manifests, the identities of passengers, flight plans, or aviation security protocols,”

I'm sure your next response will be to criticize the administration for evacuating personnel before getting Americans out to which I would point out that this withdrawal was announced months ago and all Americans were told to get out then, so what exactly is your issue, besides a desperate search for anything you can find to slander Biden?