How you spot a coward mod afraid of the moves he's made being exposed.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 54
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
How can myself and drlebronski make a thread about the irrefutable parallels between two user accounts without it being taken down?
You can't. This should not be a public matter. All of it would constitute a call-out thread.
MisterChris

There's a reason he's afraid, PM me for the reality check.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Try to silence me more, I will show you how the game is played. In the end I may lose but you will be exposed for what you are.

You are harboring a racist scumbag propagandist spreading severely fascist and far-right vitriol

I ask you to act accordingly as a moderator of the website, it's up to you who you side with but neutrality and silencing me won't work. Mesmer declared war on me, I will not take it lying down.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I cannot post to you (in this thread) the accounts and clues, those who have even a shred of doubt that Mesmer is a permabanned NeoNazi that the mods are trying hard to silence me away from pushing the rebanning of, please contact me in a non-public manner or else I can get banned for wanting justice done.

I have been banned here for 6 weeks in a stretch for things I never even did, now I ask that someone who has done things get banned for what they did. That is 100% justified and I will not stop this until action happens. Either I will get punished or the multiaccounting far-right racist who is permanently banned and decided to lie about my past and slap on criminal charges with it will. The question is simply who the mods will side with and why.
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
Haven’t you said this about, literally, every moderator that there has ever been in this site?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
and you've brown-nosed each and every one too, we know that thanks.

This time there is a real objective barrier where if I stay silent, they will let a permanently banned racist keep posting the vitriol and somehow that person is being given amnesty that the mods aren't owning up to.

Either they 100% accept what mgtowdemon did is what another user with 3 accounts that I won't name did and then say they are fine with everything that user said, or they admit it and ban. There will be no third outcome here, I won't allow it.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@RationalMadman
So you're saying that Mesmer should be banned because you think he's an alt of MgtowDemon?   That would surprise me since MgtowDemon seemed capable of discussing more than one subject and Mesmer demonstrates no such capacity.  In any case, doesn't Wylted's precedent suggest that some select trolls are being allowed to return?  Is there something about Wylted that deserves greater forgiveness for alting than Mesmer?  Let's agree that anybody who only wants to talk about how much he's not a racist is probably a racist.  Haven't we decided to tolerate a certain degree of open racism as well as many other ignorances and bigotries?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@oromagi
are you willing to discuss with me on DM and read quite a bit?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@oromagi
I have everything from identical source use to nearly identical catch-phrases to extremely similar structuing of sentences, URLs and other things across four accounts (three all confirmed to be Mesmer including the Mesmer account the 1 being Mgtow)

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@RationalMadman
to prove that Mesmer is MgtowDemon?  Nah, I should learn my lesson from prior examples and trust your good judgement in such matters.  I didn't believe Singularity was Wylted for a long time although you spotted it early on.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@oromagi
One thing I will say in public is this:

There is only one user in this website's history who has formed URLs like this (perhaps not just out of habit, as I'm sure this user will change it in the next account if there is one but out of a belief this is the best way to cite):

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@RationalMadman
This is like the 8th time you have made a topic on this. Unlike North Korea, you can leave by just logging off. You have left the site and came back multiple times during the site's 3-year history so I don't get it. Most of us seem to be satisfied with the mods. Your problems have only speculation as proof and yet when they don't have REAL proof you call them cowardly? Please mind your own business. If Mesmer becomes increasingly toxic not only to you but to others and the whole site generally, he WILL get banned regardless if he is an alt or not. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
I have real proof. The problem is this kind of proof requires brainpower and effort to conclude it's accurate. Think of it like the kind of evidence in court where it's only evidence if the Jury and Judge actually pay attention to what the prosecution is arguing. This is simply me reading a website and spotting two identical users who are the same person with exact same typing patterns, topic focus and formatting choices. The only difference, this time, being that the current account is trying a watered down racist agenda, it is a permanently banned user regardless.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@RationalMadman
Why exactly are we trying to prove someone was someone else? If one is harmful he would be banned, vice versa. Banning people for the sake of being someone else really restricts flow of ideas here.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
then all permanently banned users should not be permanently banned, by your logic
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
This user did not appeal their ban via the gmail provided for official appeals. They chose to make an alt and deceive the mods.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
Seriously, get a life.

And stop worrying about trivia.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@RationalMadman
I think you should focus on whether one's action is harmful and less about whether if someone is someone else. If Mesmer is really being racist and toxic, report him for being racist and toxic. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
and if that user makes a new user profile to evade the punishment?
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@RationalMadman
Well, harmful people may be harmful on their alts and they deserved to be reported. Once harmful behavior is shown reports will be made and the profile will be banned.

Making alts isn't the bad thing here. The bad thing is to use those alts to make negativity. Many of the willows alts don't try to spread negativity, instead they are just trying to contribute to actual topics and get banned for a few posts.

If there is no reports made and there is no negative behavior, there is no need to even report them and get them banned. Having a profile with 0 negativity despite having a history of being violent is the equivalent of a normal law-abiding user, until the former breaks site-wide rules that of course will get them banned, sooner or later.

Mesmer being MgtowDemon isn't the bad thing here, even if it is true. If you are reporting non-ban-worthy accounts out of bare speculation or reporting random people for no reason, then I don't know who being more detrimental to the site here.

Are most people OK with Mesmer posting things? YES. So even if Mesmer is an illegal alt, it impacts nearly nothing. Concluding that the mods are cowards just for a not-yet ban-worthy account is in itself fallacious. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
 Many of the willows alts don't try to spread negativity, instead they are just trying to contribute to actual topics and get banned for a few posts.
oh you poor thing, you didn't see all the deleted spam threads from him and what was inside them so I'll let you be.

You just don't get it. I accept that. Now get lost please. 

If you steal from a shop, you can't just get plastic surgery and use a different voice and escape the penalty. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
I will say this one last time as well, on top of your core principle being wrong (that if the behavior stopped the punishment should instantly be waived)

You are also wrong that Mesmer is stopping, what Mesmer is doing now is dangerous in a different way, Mesmer is experimenting in very similar ways to previous fascists in history, with how to make the propaganda more diluted and palpable for the masses to at least be slightly swayed by, rather than repulsed by.

All you are seeing is trial and error and improvement at work, Mesmer will use the refinement elsewhere to convert others in the long run.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@RationalMadman
then all permanently banned users should not be permanently banned, by your logic
I can't believe that someone like you is utilizing the strawman fallacy.

No, absolutely not. If the account is harmful, ban it. If the account continues being harmful, permanently ban it. If the user comes back being constructive in another account, don't ban it. If the account then becomes toxic, ban it.

Creating alts is not the problem. Being generally harmful is. Not permanently banning people is bad, but permanently banning accounts for the sake of just being someone else with no evidence of being harmful is also bad as it restricts the freeflow of ideas. If you just wanna talk but you are banned from talking because you made many harmful comments a year ago, what is that different from the cancel culture of Twitter?

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@RationalMadman
You are also wrong that Mesmer is stopping, what Mesmer is doing now is dangerous in a different way, Mesmer is experimenting in very similar ways to previous fascists in history, with how to make the propaganda more diluted and palpable for the masses to at least be slightly swayed by, rather than repulsed by.
OK, he is harmful in general. Now there is no need for you to start this because even if he isn't what you claim to be he still deserves to be reported for being harmful, if this statement is true.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
I am not strawmanning you, your case really is that strawman.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
...Fine. Reports work. Considering the mods have lives outside this site, even when reported, it would take hours or days for the user to get banned. You have forfeited and conceded my latest debate due to you have other things to do. Does that mean you are a lazy coward? No.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
Alright, your passive-aggressive nonsense is getting tiring, when you want to be a 'teacher's pet' just appeal to the teacher, not the one who has an issue with them.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Why do you even want him banned. Is it cause he hurt your feelings lol?

I had no problem with MGTow and our previous liberal administration banned him on the basis of political correctness even when he took the time to respond to arguments against his own. Just like civil discourse should be. You shouldn’t be banned for fringe ideas period.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
Thanks for your useful input, we know your stance now.

The danger the ideology poses isn't something you particularly care about, I already know that.
949havoc
Debates: 7
949havoc
This entire idea of banning seems infantile. Why bother? If this forum is truly a free exchange of ideas, one must expect that someone, sometime, is going to say something offensive to someone else. How the offended reacts tells the tale. Retaliation is typical. My fucking big stick is bigger than yours - and take that allegory to its most absurd limit. Counter-retaliation is also typical - and take that to its most absurd limit. Eventually, one is going to tire of the other, and may do so permanently. Seems to me, the matter has resolved itself merely by one dismissing the other out of hand. And, just as eventually, the other is going to finally get the hint and back off, or look entirely stupid to the rest of the community. Self-immolation.

Do mods really want to get in the middle of that? Why?
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@oromagi
RM is wrong as often as he is right - in that he often leaps to accusations of multi accounts; and happens to be correct sometimes.

I mean - apparently I was a multi-account. *shrug*

I have no doubt that the similarity of style and structure and content is what made him make the leap. However, there are definitely structural style similarities - tells - if you will between the two that you are too unlikely to be simply coincidence.

If I was a multi-account no matter how well i spoofed my IP, you’d be able to tell it was me by my usage of  “-“ and “;” that type of thing is hard to spoof because it’s so subconscious.

I’m not telling you “exactly” how *you*can tell these two can be considered “alts” but **if** I were, I would write it in a reply so that “you can work it out for yourself”