I'll be back in a year.

Author: DeadFire27

Total: 33
DeadFire27
Debates: 10
DeadFire27
I received an DM from Ragnar stating how the minimum age limit for this site is 13. He has not specified a solution, but I am anticipating a required one year hiatus until I'm 13. 

I just want to let the moderators know that, I don't hold anything against them, and I accept any punishment that will come. 

Thank you Bones for our numerous debates, and being a good friend off and on the site.

Thank you whiteflame for judging the Discord tournament.

Thank you Nyxified for particpating in the tournament and being an insightful guide in making the tournament. 

Thank you all moderators for keeping this site safe. 

And thank you all members of this site for keeping this place good and entertaining.

Deadfire27

Bones
Debates: 31
Bones
-->
@DeadFire27
The rule is stupid, it is clear that you are wise beyond your years, and that you have been a positive contribution to this cite. There are plenty of people who are above the age limit, and yet have made a fraction of the contribution that you have.  Nevertheless, you've been a good debater and more importantly a good friend here. I eagerly await your return. 

I received an DM from Ragnar stating how the max age limit for this site is 13
On a small note, minimum age, not max age. 
DeadFire27
DeadFire27
-->
@Bones
Fixed.
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@DeadFire27
It's a dumb rule. Gifted children should be allowed to stretch out their wings here and get some real competition under their belts.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Sum1hugme
@Bones
It's more of a legal issue than anything. This site is a 13+ site and we starting enforcing the rule more because of the fact that COPPA made things much stricter on sites. We have no issue with Deadfire and would keep him if legal concerns weren't an issue
Vader
Vader
-->
@DeadFire27
You are a great person and I'm sure you will be come back stronger. Unfortunately for legal reasons you are required to be 13+ in order to participate due to COPPA regulations. I wouldn't have suspected you to be under 13 due to the intellect and responsibility you've taken on
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@DebateArt.com
@Vader
DART: Could you make it impossible to list your birthday as younger than 13? 

Supa: if the above was implemented, wouldn't that alleviate the legal burden? Bc then it's on the user for lying.
drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
farewell my brudda
Vader
Vader
-->
@Sum1hugme
It still would not matter at all. People can lie about their age on the internet for all we know even if said thing was implemented. In order for us to appeal to all ages there would need to be mass referendum in the policy of this site. 
Mesmer
Debates: 0
Mesmer
-->
@Vader
It's more of a legal issue than anything. This site is a 13+ site and we starting enforcing the rule more because of the fact that COPPA made things much stricter on sites. We have no issue with Deadfire and would keep him if legal concerns weren't an issue
This is a smart move. Legal battles, particularly in the US, are a major pain at best, and a death sentence at worst.

I'm glad the site is making smart moves like this.
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@Vader
I'm not trying to appeal to all ages. But the mods cant control who signs up. I'm just saying that if you made it so that if someone is younger than 13, it's on them for lying about it if any hot water comes up (which I'm betting it won't. I mean, nobody is going to get in trouble because a 12 yo lied to get on the site.)
Vader
Vader
-->
@Sum1hugme
That's not how the legal system works. If we have any knowledge about someone being under the age of 13 we must act. The instance we know about it we have to act upon it. The knowing presence puts up liable for anything and a result, can be taken down. 
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@DeadFire27
First question.

Why the hell did you give anyone here your real age ?
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@Vader
Ah I see
Vader
Vader
-->
@Sum1hugme
It is unfortunate. He is definitely mature for his age and if he lied saying he was like 13 or 14, I would still be just as shocked. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@DeadFire27
He has not specified a solution
Have you tried lying about your age?
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Barney
@Vader
@MisterChris
There is no internet police coming to arrest the mods if some Russian website allows 12 year olds on it. Please stop with the stupidity and urge the mods in mod chats to also stop with this stupidity. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@DeadFire27
It's obvious you are lying about being 12. Just admit you lied and are 15, and they shouldn't be prying into any personal details into a 15 year olds life to prove their age either.

There is no site rules about lying and saying you are 12, so just admit it and enjoy your stay
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Vader
Jesus Christ, I just looked at a summary of the law. You guys are idiots.  It just says you can't collect certain information about 12 year olds. That information does not include opi ions on world events. Stop interpreting coppa like an idiot would. Half the old members the mods ran off are lawyers, just pm one about Coppa on Facebook to confirm what I am saying about you guys being idiots is correct
drlebronski
drlebronski
-->
@Wylted
to late lol but if your not bullshtting i think hes in the discord still 
DeadFire27
DeadFire27
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I didn't know 12yr olds couldn't join.
DeadFire27
DeadFire27
-->
@Barney
@drlebronski
Not yet, awaiting response from Ragnar about questions for my hiatus.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@drlebronski
the point is that coppa is about collecting data from 12 yesr olds to sell to 3rd parties or to use for your marketing. This site doesn't do that to anybody. So the law doesn't apply here unless you interpret the law like a retard would. Also the mods are being retards if they have interpreted the law that way. More importantly, they are retards for thinking that internet police are going to come to their doors and arrest them if a Russian debate site let's 12 year olds debate
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Wylted
the point is that coppa is about collecting data from 12 yesr olds to sell to 3rd parties or to use for your marketing. This site doesn't do that to anybody. So the law doesn't apply here unless you interpret the law like a retard would. Also the mods are being retards if they have interpreted the law that way. More importantly, they are retards for thinking that internet police are going to come to their doors and arrest them if a Russian debate site let's 12 year olds debate
This 100%

I made this argument months ago when they brought up coppa in regards to you pretending to be a 13 year old, pretty sure my comment didn't get a response. 
drlebronski
drlebronski
-->
@Lunatic
@Wylted
You pretended to be 13?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@drlebronski
I wouldn't really say pretended, it was obvious he wasn't 13. He made a joke the mods thought were innapropriate towards a person trying to see if they would take the bait and expose themselves as a predator. Out of context it sounds were than it actually was. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@DeadFire27
drlebronski
drlebronski
-->
@3RU7AL
how is that relevant?
3RU7AL