I am so excited

Author: janesix

Total: 13
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
I'm going to start looking for a job, things are working out for me. Going to get off disability and be a productive member of society again. I can't wait. I was just waiting to hear from ss on requirements for the trial work period. 

I am hoping for a job at mcdonalds, as it is within walking distance from my house. They are paying pretty good right now. Everyone is, becasue of the staffing shortage. Things couldn't be better for me right now. It's been ten years since I worked.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Congratulations and good luck to you 
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@janesix
Way to go, Jane!
949havoc
Debates: 7
949havoc
-->
@janesix
Best wishes to you, Jane, for success. 
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@janesix
don't you fucking dare. Stay on disability as long as possible and learn a skill, so you can make a living wage when they take you off of it
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
I hope it works out for you. 
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
-->
@janesix
I can relate to not being able to work for three months but not ten years, I probably would have committed suicide. You are a better man than I in that dept. 7 months ago I got run over by a 10,000 pound fork lift and it snapped my ankle in 2. I went insane after just 1 month of not working and I was getting full pay the whole time. I LOOK AT WORK COMPLETELY DIFFERENT NOW. It is a privilege to get up and go to work everyday. When I finally got back to work it was all the simplest tasks that I never even thought of that showed me how blessed I was to be able to do without thinking about it.  I still struggle with things and feel pain. But those struggles and pains are nothing compared to not being able to get up and work everyday. Good luck to you. My son works at Mc Donalds by the way.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Congratulations I hope you enjoy it.
janesix
janesix
-->
@sadolite
I've enjoyed learning to cook, painting, sculpting,and I do a lot of research on various topics. But I also feel like a drag on society and my family. And I have gotten increasingly bored and unfulfilled. My bf is like you, he cant even take a week vacation without getting irritable and wanting to get back to work.
janesix
janesix
-->
@Wylted
I can do both. They will pay for "work rehabilitation" and/or college classes. even help with a small business, which is my utimate goal.  But I want money right now, thus a regular job.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@janesix
Yep, not being able to work makes me feel like a useless POS with no purpose other than to consume resources and take up space. And ya, I never take vacation time, not even sick days.  3 day weekends suit me just fine to get stuff done around the house and I am ready to go back to work. Work is the last thing left on this earth that is still virtuous in most peoples eyes. When you are at work the worlds problems and the whining of the world cease to exist. Work for me is sanctuary from everything.

ebuc
ebuc
..." I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it,

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it,

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it ,

I know, I know, I know, I know, I know I want you, I want you "

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@janesix