Zuckerberg is clueless

Author: 949havoc

Total: 8
949havoc
Debates: 7
949havoc
So, Zuckerberg at least admits that his industry has a problem, but he throws up his hands and asks Congress to fix it. Has he learned nothing but how to manipulate a face? Ask Congress to fix anything, the only guarantee is that it will take more than a generation just to start the serious conversation among themselves.
This is clearly a condition of "physician, heal thyself." As in, self- regulate. It is, after all, his industry, and not necessarily that of Congress. He really wants amateurs to regulate his industry? He's allegedly a smart guyt; figurer it out, and stiop worrying what it will cost to do it. It's necessary. That's what it costs. That's why Trump deregulated so much. We expect too much regulation from Congress. We need less.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
Honestly, of the 'elite figures' Zuckerberg is actually one of the ones I dislike least because he's the most honest of the lot.

He admits when he's caught spying, admits when he screwed up handling data privately and still perserveres despite everyone grappling to drag him through the mud.

Whatever you say about him, the guy is a tough nut to crack. I admire the grit if nothing else.

I also think, based on what I've seen, he's one of the few filthy rich guys I know of that seems to have a genuinely happy personal life with his close relations and/or friends.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@949havoc

You know that Zuckerberg is mentally ill when he said that he was no longer an atheist.
Benjamin
Debates: 91
Benjamin
-->
@FLRW
You know that Zuckerberg is mentally ill when he said that he was no longer an atheist.
This kind of accusation is biased and nonsensical bullshit. 
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Benjamin
Why aren't religious people diagnosed with schizophrenia?
As far as I know, people with schizophrenia say there's voices, people or demons in the room, and disturbing thoughts of something unknown. Religious people say basically the same thing. They hear voices, "feel" a presence of some unknown force, and are told to do things in the name of said force. Why aren't religious people who say this being treated like mentally ill patients?

Benjamin
Benjamin
-->
@FLRW
You were commiting a logical fallacy based on another logical fallacy based on yet another logical fallacy. Just because some religious people hear voices doesn't mean that every single person out there is either atheist or mentally ill. We can't even know whether or not Zuckerberg has religious experiences or if he is just a theist. Heck, how can you even make the comparrison when you have no evidence of the so called correlation between religion and mentall illness. Your stated position is not rational, its purely biased bs. Next time you want to critique religion, make a rational argument instead of spreading myths.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Benjamin
Research has found religious belief is associated with certain regions of the human brain, but there is still much to learn about how these areas influence religious belief. A new study in the journal Neuropsychologia found that lesions in a particular brain region tend to increase religious fundamentalism.
“Human beliefs, and in this case religious beliefs, are one of the cognitive and social knowledge stores that distinguish us from other species and are an indication of how evolution and cognitive/social processes influenced the development of the human brain,” Jordan Grafman of Northwestern University, the study’s corresponding author, told PsyPost.
Grafman and his colleagues examined male Vietnam combat veterans with lesions to part of the brain known as the ventromedial prefrontal cortex. They found veterans with these lesions reported higher levels of religious fundamentalism compared to those without the lesions.
Benjamin
Benjamin
-->
@FLRW
Yeah I know about this. But small, specific studies cannot be used to make extreme generalisations like you did. Also, religious extremism and ex-atheism are not comparable; so your logic does not work either way.